2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:14 am Yes. Do you think kids are removed from homes and an abuse/neglect case is opened because a kid fell off a trampoline?

I've represented people in Tyreek's position in these courts in KC for the better part of a decade.
I think you’re being disingenuous with your answer.

I haven’t followed every move of this case, but my understanding is that we do not know for a fact that this broken arm is the direct result of the actions of someone else.

If you have hard evidence to the contrary, please provide. I’m genuinely interested.

And, yes, I know from personal experience that Child Services can and will overreact based on acquisitions alone.
The bar for removing a kid from a two-parent home is incredibly high. Something criminal happened here.

If you own an NFL team and feel that it is not your responsibility to act, beyond respecting the decisions of law enforcement and, secondarily, the league, that's a justifiable position. But it is not a position consistent with holding yourself out to be a virtuous actor in the community.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We absolutely do. We know it was by another person because the State removed the child from the home and mom and dad are now in family court (presumably) trying to get their kid back.

We also know that the DA only criminally investigated mom and dad.

There is no other person involved. There is no trampoline.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 am We absolutely do. We know it was by another person because the State removed the child from the home and mom and dad are now in family court (presumably) trying to get their kid back.

We also know that the DA only criminally investigated mom and dad.

There is no other person involved. There is no trampoline.
We absolutely do not know what happened.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We don't know what happened but I think we can very much infer enough that it wasn't a trampoline.
It was one of the two people.
If you assume it's Hill, well, that's on you, because you don't have the information to do so.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OK, maybe mom and dad are going to court every month for fun and to learn about the family court system. Maybe the kid wanted a vacation out of the home.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am OK, maybe mom and dad are going to court every month for fun and to learn about the family court system. Maybe the kid wanted a vacation out of the home.
Were you in the room?
Do you have video evidence?
Do you have audio evidence?
Do you have reliable eye witness testimony?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We also know that the millionaire football player (and his employer) didn't come out and say: "my fiance' broke my son's arm, and I am going to assist the JOCO DA in any way I can to get justice for my son."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Also, why are we talking about trampolines?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am We don't know what happened but I think we can very much infer enough that it wasn't a trampoline.
It was one of the two people.
If you assume it's Hill, well, that's on you, because you don't have the information to do so.
You're quite the contortionist when it comes to making yourself feel better about shitty treatment of people (children, even) so that it serves your sports worldview.

Is it possible that he did not commit the precise physical action that broke his child's arm? Sure, that's possible. But the best-case scenario would seem to be that he's covering up for the mother here. And that's as shitty as it's implausible (which is: highly).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:01 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am OK, maybe mom and dad are going to court every month for fun and to learn about the family court system. Maybe the kid wanted a vacation out of the home.
Were you in the room?
Do you have video evidence?
Do you have audio evidence?
Do you have reliable eye witness testimony?
I have two parents who are part of a family court case and a judge agreeing with DCF that the child is not safe in the home which stems from that child's arm being broke.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 pm Also, why are we talking about trampolines?
You brought up the question that another person didn't cause (or contribute to cause) the broken arm, which is factually untrue at this point.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think it is implausible.
I think it very well be shitty.
And if you're gonna be a dick ( your first comment ) then I will too - ya'all sure are some shitty lawyers with all this presumption.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm
Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 pm Also, why are we talking about trampolines?
You brought up the question that another person didn't cause (or contribute to cause) the broken arm, which is factually untrue at this point.
What you keep refusing to do (very Trumpian btw) is admit that we, in fact, don’t know the facts of this case.

That’s my single point here.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm
What you keep refusing to do (very Trumpian btw) is admit that we, in fact, don’t know the facts of this case.

That’s my single point here.
I've only stated the facts we do know, ad nauseum.

I have not stated that how it happened or who exactly did it is factually known.

Only thing I've done that you don't seem to like is argue against any ridiculous notion that the kid's arm break was not caused by a person.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Ok, how was the arm broken?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm I don't think it is implausible.
And if you're gonna be a dick ( your first comment ) then I will too - ya'all sure are some shitty lawyers with all this presumption.
I'm just being honest - you seem to tie yourself up in knots to make yourself feel better about supporting institutions that take advantage of kids/young adults (and predominantly black/poor ones at that), or about teams that employ people responsible for their kid's broken arm, where it suits your rooting interest.

I'm aware that there's something very hypocritical about me buying KU tickets despite my feelings about amateurism, or Chiefs tickets despite them employing Hill. But at least I'm honest about it, with myself and otherwise.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm I don't think it is implausible.
I'm just being honest - you seem to tie yourself up in knots to make yourself feel better about supporting institutions that take advantage of kids/young adults (and predominantly black/poor ones at that), or about teams that employ people responsible for their kid's broken arm, where it suits your rooting interest.

I'm aware that there's something very hypocritical about me buying KU tickets despite my feelings about amateurism, or Chiefs tickets despite them employing Hill. But at least I'm honest about it, with myself and otherwise.
Ugh.....come on man. Enough with the underhanded racism claims
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm Ok, how was the arm broken?
I've already stated that that is not known.

We do know that it was not an accident. We also know who is directly or indirectly responsible.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

So we don’t know how the arm was broken but we do know that it was a direct result of the actions of someone else?

JFC, gtfo with that
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't know, I guess I can't help you.

Why do you think mom and dad are currently in court?

Why do you think a judge doesn't believe their kid is safe at home?