2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by holidaysmore »

Sounds like all charges will be dropped for 'Reek due to 'insufficient' evidence.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:41 pm Sounds like all charges will be dropped for 'Reek due to 'insufficient' evidence.
Well, there never were any charges.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:06 pm
Leawood wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm If it is a press conference, questions will be answered, which, to me, signals that something significant will be announced.
This is an area I (thankfully) know next to nothing about. It would seem unusual to announce something like charges or a warrant if he hadn't turned himself in.

I think the most likely outcome of today is that they announce there's not enough to charge anyone on for any specific thing, and then it's in the hands of the NFL and the Chiefs.

Sports imitating politics, I guess.
*cough*
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I still think because of this incident, teams won't give him the big money contract after this year. Will likely be a smaller, prove it type of deal.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I honestly don't know how things like this work with the cap. My first instinct would be to offer a guarantee for injury only. Obviously the risk you can't take is having to cut the guy because of conduct, and having an albatross of a guarantee haunting your cap for half a decade.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You can bet that if there is a family court case (which there almost assuredly is) that the Star will be filing motion after motion to release the social/case file in that case.

Completely different set of rules/laws in that jurisdiction--and a lot of facts that the JoCo DA won't talk about will be brought out in that case.

In other words, if Hill had anything to do with his son's injuries, this is definitely not over for him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think the presser opened up more questions.

But I do think Hill will get some sort of suspension under the league's Personal Conduct Policy. There is evidence that something wrong happened in relation to him, even though he might not have done anything.

It's very likely that he won't be a Chief past 2019, if he even plays at all for KC this year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If the injured person here were an adult, this would be the last of it. With the DA's insistence that a crime occurred and it being a minor child, Tyreek's lawyer is going to be busy for at least the next year.

Professionally, I think Tyreek's best move is to come completely clean to the NFL, take his suspension if there should be one, and get on with it.

Not cooperating with the NFL and a bunch of ugly shit coming out in the family court case and Tyreek can cost himself millions and years.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The DA showed frustration today.

Q: "So it's fair to say someone hurt this child and you just don't who did it?"
DA: "That is a correct statement"
Q: "And that's why you can't charge either person?"
DA: "That is correct."

Either momma did it, or Hill did it and momma is keeping quiet to try and keep Hill getting the most money possible.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:38 pm If the injured person here were an adult, this would be the last of it. With the DA's insistence that a crime occurred and it being a minor child, Tyreek's lawyer is going to be busy for at least the next year.

Professionally, I think Tyreek's best move is to come completely clean to the NFL, take his suspension if there should be one, and get on with it.

Not cooperating with the NFL and a bunch of ugly shit coming out in the family court case and Tyreek can cost himself millions and years.
The NFL is rivaled only by the NCAA in the ability to trip over its own dick when it comes to investigations and enforcement. Sad as this is, I'd guess nothing that serious will happen to Hill unless pictures or video come out.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:46 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:38 pm If the injured person here were an adult, this would be the last of it. With the DA's insistence that a crime occurred and it being a minor child, Tyreek's lawyer is going to be busy for at least the next year.

The NFL is rivaled only by the NCAA in the ability to trip over its own dick when it comes to investigations and enforcement. Sad as this is, I'd guess nothing that serious will happen to Hill unless pictures or video come out.
Video, I doubt, but there surely exists pics.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zeke was suspended without video, no?
Adrian Peterson beat his son, the Vikes tried to keep him on and then the photos were release and the NFL said 'nope'.
If he's linked to it with more details the NFL will be sure to punish him.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not sure the most interesting thing here is what the NFL does. It's about the Chiefs - whatever happened here is inarguably worse than what happened with Hunt. And Hunt is gone. Do you have the same spine where there's no video, and where the player is orders of magnitude better (and more important)?

I'd guess, privately, the Chiefs would love for the NFL to act quickly and severely - eight games or something.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So, was the earlier report that DCF decided to remove the child from the physical custody of either parent true?

Raises some flags for me. For DCF to decide that, you really have to not pass the smell test.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think the DA mentioned that the child is safe, but couldn't say with who, and he could not comment on whether or not the child was removed from the house.

My guess is that it is true.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ya, I'm sure the Star figured that out by calling the shit out of everyone they could think of from the fresh out of college social worker that might have seen the case file at DCF to the 3rd cousin of the child's mother.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I'm sure Hill and Espinal are keeping quiet after seeing what happened to Ray Rice and the money he has lost. The kid is now close to 5 years old if not actually 5 years old. They can communicate if they've been hurt.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

What % of American women would put themselves and their child in danger for $5M?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think this all blows over soon. Hill will get 2-3 games and America forgets by October
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:01 pm whatever happened here is inarguably worse than what happened with Hunt.
Definitely.
But it is possible he didn't do it.
It is possible his lady friend did.

There's the issue with just cutting Hill if he says he didn't do it.