Re: Meahwhile, Back at the "Base"

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Montana Man Slams 13-Year-Old to Ground Fracturing His Skull for Not Removing Hat During Anthem

...“There was a little boy lying on the ground,” Hennick told the Missoulian. “He was bleeding out of his ears, seizing on the ground, just not coherent.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Iowa Rep. Steve King back at it today with some Illy-caliber logic:

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were the products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"

The remarks were made as a defense of not allowing expectations for abortion in cases of rape or incest.

Mind boggling that the folks of Iowa continue to out this asshat into Congress term after term.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:43 pm Iowa Rep. Steve King back at it today with some Illy-caliber logic:

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were the products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"

The remarks were made as a defense of not allowing expectations for abortion in cases of rape or incest.

Mind boggling that the folks of Iowa continue to out this asshat into Congress term after term.
Mind-boggling? You live right next to Council-tucky, you shouldn't be surprised.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 am Montana Man Slams 13-Year-Old to Ground Fracturing His Skull for Not Removing Hat During Anthem

...“There was a little boy lying on the ground,” Hennick told the Missoulian. “He was bleeding out of his ears, seizing on the ground, just not coherent.”

[...]
Horrible!
Reminds me of 4th of July in Pacific Palisades 6 (7? - my memory sucks) years ago.
Many but not all people in attendance were singing God Bless America and waving mini American flags.
I refrained. Wasn't "protesting", just chose not to sing and wave my flag. Guy got in my face and told me and others that I hate America. He wanted to beat the shit out of me. Others had to hold him back.
God Bless America - indeed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 am
Feral wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 am Montana Man Slams 13-Year-Old to Ground Fracturing His Skull for Not Removing Hat During Anthem

[...]
Horrible!
Reminds me of 4th of July in Pacific Palisades 6 (7? - my memory sucks) years ago.
Many but not all people in attendance were singing God Bless America and waving mini American flags.
I refrained. Wasn't "protesting", just chose not to sing and wave my flag. Guy got in my face and told me and others that I hate America. He wanted to beat the shit out of me. Others had to hold him back.
Whoa there gutter. Were trying to pin this all on one person. Saying something similar happened 6 or 7 years ago isnt helping the point.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:36 am
Paul1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 am

[...]
Horrible!
Whoa there gutter. Were trying to pin this all on one person. Saying something similar happened 6 or 7 years ago isnt helping the point.
"The point" is that "real" Americans, i.e., "conservative" white republicans, have been piously wrapping themselves in the flag for decades, while laying claim to patriotism to the exclusion of anyone not a member of their tribe. The difference is, that like bigotry, anti-Semitism, nationalism, and xenophobia, Trump has weaponized patriotism and that plus his lack of regard for the rule of law has empowered his followers to feel like they can act their resentments out in a way they've never felt they had permission to before.
Anand Giridharadas
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The sobering point about this, Feral, is that I was in Poplar Bluff, MO on a case recently. That town of approximately 20,000 close to the boot heel has lost over 500-750 jobs from a major employer, which has a rippling effect. Those folks don't care and will live on bread and water so long as niggers/brown people are squelched. They love Trump and believe he will bring back the days of Jim Crow.

So, I go back to what I've said before: If you vote for Trump, you want and vote for this.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm
So, I go back to what I've said before: If you vote for Trump, you want and vote for this.
True.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is really, really sad, but explains a lot.

https://twitter.com/multipliedmoms/stat ... w">October
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

Feral wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 pm Who can blame him?

https://twitter.com/fred_guttenberg/sta ... w">October
At least he's being honest about what that weapon is needed for, and not pretending he's using it to hunt rabbits.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/10/rob-dr ... e-twitter/

I don't expect anyone to understand this but I am beginning to notice some similarities between rabid MAGA people and Dead Heads.
I'll elaborate if/when anyone would like me to. Otherwise, I'll spare you.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This guy appears to have what it takes for a bright future in the republican party:

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/sta ... ">November
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:19 pm This guy appears to have what it takes for a bright future in the republican party:

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/sta ... ">November
He will probably get a job at the White House next.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:45 pm She looks like Leawood's type:

https://twitter.com/Franklin_Graham/sta ... ">November
Smiling in selfies as they get fleeced. Such rubes.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nothing like snapping a selfie while driving