Shrooms

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Shrooms

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:18 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 pm On the contrary, it's not the responsible adults i'm worried about here.
Right environment, go for it.
If they are more readily available, it's the Ardy's of the world i'd be concerned about.
The Ardys of the world already get their fix regardless of legal status.
Wait a minute. Isnt this the same gun argument you always disregard?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:20 pm That said, I dont want them to be legal for recreational use. I had a few rough nights on that stuff. Seemed like a great idea to have some more, then some more. Next thing you know I had consumed a little under 1 ounce of mushrooms in one night and it was about 3 days before I felt sober.
Jeebus.

That equivalent amount of many other drugs would be lethal.
I played hard for a few years roaming the hills around Colorado Springs on LSD, MDMA and shrooms. It was an intense and mind opening summer for sure. Glad I made it to the other side of that little stretch.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 pm On the contrary, it's not the responsible adults i'm worried about here.
If they are more readily available, it's the Ardy's of the world i'd be concerned about.
This x1000. I've seen some mentally weak people get broken by hallucinogens. You can open some doors that you aren't prepared to handle if you aren't careful. I can absolutely see fantastic opportunities for treatment of various medical and mental issues but I hope it is never available recreationally.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 pm
Ha, nice. I was wondering where that comment would go.

Fortunately, shrooms don’t account for tens of thousands of deaths a year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:41 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:20 pm That said, I dont want them to be legal for recreational use. I had a few rough nights on that stuff. Seemed like a great idea to have some more, then some more. Next thing you know I had consumed a little under 1 ounce of mushrooms in one night and it was about 3 days before I felt sober.
Jeebus.

That equivalent amount of many other drugs would be lethal.
I played hard for a few years roaming the hills around Colorado Springs on LSD, MDMA and shrooms. It was an intense and mind opening summer for sure. Glad I made it to the other side of that little stretch.

POTD

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Some weird hippee kid we used to hang out with had some weird fractal generator screen saver on his computer. I thought my brain was going to fold in on itself Inception style that night.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:45 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Ha, nice. I was wondering where that comment would go.

Fortunately, shrooms don’t account for tens of thousands of deaths a year.

They don't?

Over 70k drug overdoses in 2018

Over 40k car crash deaths

Just under 40k gun deaths

How many those gun deaths were directly related to drugs via drug trafficking or drug use?

How many if those car deaths were directly related to drug use?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how many of those were directly related to shrooms?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

more than just shrooms have been referenced in this thread. Especially with your referencing of ardy....not a shroom guy.

Meant to point out an inconsistency in your logic more than anything.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The difference of course being that guns primary intention, the reason they were built, was to kill others and that killing others effectively is so much easier with a gun than drugs or cars.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 pm more than just shrooms have been referenced in this thread. Especially with your referencing of ardy....not a shroom guy.

Meant to point out an inconsistency in your logic more than anything.
what exactly is my inconsistency in logic?

is it a bigger inconsistency in logic than trying to lump shrooms into some broad vague "drugs" category in an attempt to suggest shrooms are causing all those instances of gun violence and accidents? How many of those 70k drug overdoses were cuz of shrooms, specifically? How many of the 80k or whatever car deaths and gun deaths were directly due to shroom use or shroom trafficking?

I only mentioned other drugs (and booze) in an attempt to compare and contrast the consequences of each. I never said Ardy was a shrooms guy, and certainly never said he ended up the way he did because of shrooms. That was lobster.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Christ your hard headed, either that or you're being purposely obstinate. My point has nothing to do with any of your rambling above.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

This argument works for drugs but not for guns. Thats your inconsistent logic. Very simple.

You've twisted and straw manned your way into all sorts of other things since thay statement. Are you running for president?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeesh. So much for the fun goofing off part of the show.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:46 am Yeesh. So much for the fun goofing off part of the show.
Says the guy who sucks the fun out of every thread he posts in.

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone know where I can get some of this Massospora cicadina?

(Asking for Leawood.)

Cicadas high on fungus drugs won’t stop mating

In a scene fit for a horror film, paperclip-size cicadas sexually transmit a fungus attached to their bodies from one mate to another, sometimes losing parts of their abdomens along the way. Now, new research reveals just how the fungus keeps those cicadas mating, Science News reports. Massospora cicadina, which forms a spore that erupts through the insects’ abdomen, produces the hallucinogen psilocybin and the amphetamine cathinone. These two drugs curb the critters’ appetites, letting them mate over and over again even after losing parts of their bodies, researchers report this week in Fungal Ecology. Scientists plan to next study how the fungus produces the drugs—and whether they influence other aspects of insects’ behavior.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wtf, a post on shrooms?

I thought this was a gun thread now?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

shrooms?!?

Bullshit, now this thread is about cicada sex, bro.

So, how hard are these bugs fucking that they loose parts of their abdomens while they do it?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Pro tip*: Don't knock sexually transmitted psilocybin fungus until you've tried it.

*just the tip
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If I become President someday will you be my personal physician? You seem like someone I could rely upon for good responsible adult advice.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.