Shrooms

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: Shrooms

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm actually, how does shrooms compare when it comes to making responsible adults do irresponsible things?

are they more likely to make you miss a bill payment, or fuck up at work, or get in a fight, or get in an accident, or other irresponsible consequences than say meth or coke? or prescription opioids? or booze?
Pretty much anything consumed can be done in responsible or irresponsible ways. At least with psychedelics an overdose can't kill you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It can’t kill you, but it can make you stare at one of hawklin’s black light posters for a good 6 hours.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 pm It can’t kill you, but it can make you stare at one of hawklin’s black light posters for a good 6 hours.
Is that a feature or a bug?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You’re seeing bugs?! bro I think you’re having a bad trip.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:38 pm wait, let's run with it...

end up like Ardy how so?

a nihilist? a redneck? an ignoramus? in the closet? an addict? a virgin?
e. all of the above
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lobster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:29 pm

end up like Ardy how so?

e. all of the above
I had no idea lobs was on lsd/shrooms.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm actually, how does shrooms compare when it comes to making responsible adults do irresponsible things?

are they more likely to make you miss a bill payment, or fuck up at work, or get in a fight, or get in an accident, or other irresponsible consequences than say meth or coke? or prescription opioids? or booze?
Bill payment? Nah.
Get in a fight? Probably not.
Fuck up at work or get in an accident? Absolutely.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not that you should drive on either but I’d much rather drive after five beers than after a 1/16th of shrooms kick in.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so in other words, still less risk than many other drugs, some of which are legal.

Shrooms aren’t physically addictive like many other drugs either, right?

Yeah they could def make you fuck up at work or get in an accident, but they’re also less likely to prompt a craving and make one compulsively consume to get a fix before they go to work, like other drugs have been known to do?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd also rather have someone behind the wheel who is on prescription opioids than shrooms.
No, they aren't addictive, but to me they make more sense to be controlled because of the extent it manipulates the mind.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Behind the wheel, in a vacuum? Sure.

How about the bigger picture, if you include overdoses and deaths and the impact on families and communities and law enforcement?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:21 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:29 pm

end up like Ardy how so?

e. all of the above
I had no idea lobs was on lsd/shrooms.
That explains a lot.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:57 am Behind the wheel, in a vacuum? Sure.

How about the bigger picture, if you include overdoses and deaths and the impact on families and communities and law enforcement?
If shrooms became completely legal, you would not have overdoses, but you would have impact on families and communities and law enforcement.

I would say, with my past in this area, that the smallest amount of shrooms can f you up the most, while it takes more dosage from the other things you mentioned to get to the same amount of inebriation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shrooms are not legal now, or are just barely being decriminalized. What impact do they have on families and communities and law enforcement now?

If they were really such a threat, wouldn’t we hear about it more often?

....besides John Mayer playing with the dead...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm You all want to end up like Ardy? Shrooms is something that you might do when you're 17, but should not be done by responsible adults.
Disagree. Responsible adults are responsible enough to ingest appropriate amounts of the substance at an appropriate time in an appropriate setting and benefit in a favorable manner from the experience.

17 year old just run around outside looking at the light trails from their cigarettes going "ohhhhhh,check it out. I wrote my name!"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That said, I dont want them to be legal for recreational use. I had a few rough nights on that stuff. Seemed like a great idea to have some more, then some more. Next thing you know I had consumed a little under 1 ounce of mushrooms in one night and it was about 3 days before I felt sober.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm You all want to end up like Ardy? Shrooms is something that you might do when you're 17, but should not be done by responsible adults.
jfc

what is wrong with you?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

On the contrary, it's not the responsible adults i'm worried about here.
Right environment, go for it.
If they are more readily available, it's the Ardy's of the world i'd be concerned about.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:20 pm That said, I dont want them to be legal for recreational use. I had a few rough nights on that stuff. Seemed like a great idea to have some more, then some more. Next thing you know I had consumed a little under 1 ounce of mushrooms in one night and it was about 3 days before I felt sober.
Jeebus.

That equivalent amount of many other drugs would be lethal.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:50 pm On the contrary, it's not the responsible adults i'm worried about here.
Right environment, go for it.
If they are more readily available, it's the Ardy's of the world i'd be concerned about.
The Ardys of the world already get their fix regardless of legal status.