Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by Overlander »

I am impressed that someone on this board can bench 460
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:57 pm
PS: you can still block each other unlike other platforms are thinking of stopping
Done. Not much else you can do with people who are incapable of shame.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:42 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:57 pm
PS: you can still block each other unlike other platforms are thinking of stopping
Done. Not much else you can do with people who are incapable of shame.
Drama bitch
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:57 pm Got my Gutter shirt, a can of skoal, left over chocolate bars from s’mores, a campfire and I can’t bench press two of Overlanders.

Life is good.

Three thoughts....

1. I hope you enjoyed your "life is good" evening!

2. I can't bench press 1 Overlander let alone 2.

3. I gotta get me a pdub shirt!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:57 pm Got my Gutter shirt, a can of skoal, left over chocolate bars from s’mores, a campfire and I can’t bench press two of Overlanders.

Life is good.

by God how I do miss Copenhagen. Its been 10 months, mouth still waters when I smell it. I try the Rogue and zyn pouches deals, they just aren't the same. Im hanging on, trying to make it stick.

Got a couple rodeo events i gotta help with those will be a bit if a challenge and hunting season is gonna be a real real real test.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:20 am

Life is good.

by God how I do miss Copenhagen. Its been 10 months, mouth still waters when I smell it. I try the Rogue and zyn pouches deals, they just aren't the same. Im hanging on, trying to make it stick.

Got a couple rodeo events i gotta help with those will be a bit if a challenge and hunting season is gonna be a real real real test.
Full disclosure: The first time I read pdub's original post and saw "a can of skoal", I assumed it was TDub.

I dipped snuff off and on for several years when I worked outside, but never enjoyed it as much as chewing tobacco. Thankfully, had no trouble stopping it when I no longer worked outside. I tried but never took up cigarettes, and never have any problem stopping drinking or smoking pot. I'm not sure why that is, but I feel fortunate to not be as susceptible to things others often find addictive.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I very rarely dip anymore.
Camping.
Hangin' with the guys.

That's maybe 5-8 times a year. I usually end up tossing out half a can.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Similar to my past weekend - I smoke about a pack of cigarettes a year. It's all within the single weekend I hang out with my out of town friends. After that cigarettes seem disgusting for about a year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Elon Musk’s “escalated” ketamine use could be causing erratic behavior

https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/elon-musk ... gests/amp/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:36 pm Elon Musk’s “escalated” ketamine use could be causing erratic behavior

https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/elon-musk ... gests/amp/
I’m sure the “Covid vaccines are bad” crowd have some solid research explaining why Elon is smart to use ketamine.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

why won’t my tweets embiid
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

Meta threads

Anyone joined? Anyone used/using it?

After its initial debut, when like 100 million users flocked to it, I have not heard a thing about it since
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yet more proof that George Soros and the Jews are responsible for everything bad as well as all unrealized expectations, in the world. If only NATO would withdraw aid to Ukraine and let Putin have it, this would all go away.

The EU has issued a warning to Elon Musk to comply with sweeping new laws on fake news and Russian propaganda, after X – formerly known as Twitter – was found to have the highest ratio of disinformation posts of all large social media platforms.

The report analysed the ratio of disinformation for a new report laying bare for the first time the scale of fake news on social media across the EU, with millions of fake accounts removed by TikTok and LinkedIn.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it seems q and randy have now both converged on the same social media-based disinformation campaigns

such platforms have been proven to unabashedly traffic in falsehoods aimed at Americans, and yet you both willfully continue to consume without the slightest hint of a critical eye

downward spiral
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

damn bro, shots fired.

can you even tell a difference between me and randy?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:33 am damn bro, shots fired.

can you even tell a difference between me and randy?
It is getting more and more difficult.
And not in any way because Randy is improving.