Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:32 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:21 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:54 am

Step aside, bruh. Overlander is the biggest, baddest, meanest dude on these boreds. If butts are to be kicked, he will be the one doing it.
Probably
Something tells me you tend to be more of a peacemaker than an ass kicker - but wouldn't hesitate to kick someone's ass if it is/was truly deserved.
Amirite?
100%.

Psych is just intimidated by any degree of masculinity.

I imagine his experiences in his marriage formed his need to lash out against anyone with a pair of testicles.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:25 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:32 pm

Something tells me you tend to be more of a peacemaker than an ass kicker - but wouldn't hesitate to kick someone's ass if it is/was truly deserved.
Amirite?
Anyone over 30 who talks about kicking peoples’ asses is an insecure, immature tool with a deep inferiority complex.
I guess it beats being cuckolded
Not really. I grew from my experience and improved my life immeasurably. You’re still the same wannabe bully you’ve been most of your life. The problem with being a bully is that, when nobody’s afraid of you, there’s nothing left to fall back on.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I will help you out here, as you seem to be struggling.

No one, in my entire life, has ever referred to me as a bully…except you.

I would say it is much more a reflection of your inner character, and your need to dress down others to make you feel a tiny drip of the adrenaline that your cuckolded soul desperately needs…that you constantly refer to me as a “bully”.

Keep going though, you have come this far.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KCrim fest 2024 will be in Rome.
Psych and Over will fight in the coliseum.

If we can’t get that then Lawrence QT will do.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:58 pm I will help you out here, as you seem to be struggling.

No one, in my entire life, has ever referred to me as a bully…except you.

I would say it is much more a reflection of your inner character, and your need to dress down others to make you feel a tiny drip of the adrenaline that your cuckolded soul desperately needs…that you constantly refer to me as a “bully”.

Keep going though, you have come this far.
That you have so little self-awareness is not a surprise.

There are two types of bullies - the ones who spend all of their time intimidating others to feel better about themselves and those who spend all of their time trying to intimidate others to feel better about themselves. The former rarely makes the connection between their approach to others and the emptiness they feel inside; the latter rarely realizes that no one respects them and wonder why they never get what they are looking for.

It’s apparent which you are.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Leon is going to get rid of the "Block" feature on twitter, so we can all enjoy white nationalist Nazis, whether we choose to or not.

https://twitter.com/natashablue22/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Abusive = I don’t like that

SMH
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:28 pm Abusive = I don’t like that

SMH
What the fuck is wrong with you? You should be able to block me here for any reason, abusive or not. Space bruh wants to deny that right, in violation of terms of use, to everyone. He is advocating that users cannot block stalkers or other seriously abusive users from harassing other users.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:09 pm

SMH
What the fuck is wrong with you? You should be able to block me here for any reason, abusive or not. Space bruh wants to deny that right, in violation of terms of use, to everyone. He is advocating that users cannot block stalkers or other seriously abusive users from harassing other users.
Sigh.

This reminds me of a girl who had a meltdown in class after the 2016 election. She demanded that a boy be made to take off his MAGA hat in class because it was “offensive.” When I reminded her that she had regularly worn her Hillary T-shirt for months before the election and pointed out that she was, even then, wearing her pussy hat - both of which some others also found offensive - and suggested that the risk of being offended was the price of living in society, she insisted that HER offense was the only valid one and that we should all cater to her feelings.

Social media is not a right, nor is it necessary for survival. If you don’t like it, you have the option of staying off of it or finding a platform where people don’t ruffle your feathers. We used to understand that as a culture.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:03 am

SMH
Sigh.

This reminds me of a girl who had a meltdown in class after the 2016 election. She demanded that a boy be made to take off his MAGA hat in class because it was “offensive.” When I reminded her that she had regularly worn her Hillary T-shirt for months before the election and pointed out that she was, even then, wearing her pussy hat - both of which some others also found offensive - and suggested that the risk of being offended was the price of living in society, she insisted that HER offense was the only valid one and that we should all cater to her feelings.

Social media is not a right, nor is it necessary for survival. If you don’t like it, you have the option of staying off of it or finding a platform where people don’t ruffle your feathers. We used to understand that as a culture.
Did randy make up that story for you? :o :shock: :?

I do agree with your second "paragraph" - other than feeling it's debatable about social media being (or not being) a "right".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:58 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:03 am

Sigh.

Did randy make up that story for you? :o :shock: :?

I do agree with your second "paragraph" - other than feeling it's debatable about social media being (or not being) a "right".
It’s one of many stories from years in the classroom. I may compile them into a memoir and call it “Life Among the Snowflakes.”

How would you argue that social media is a right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Psych appears to have an understanding of social media right up there with Dianne Feinstein's, and Chuck Grassley's.
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:58 am Psych appears to have an understanding of social media right up there with Dianne Feinstein's, and Chuck Grassley's.
I will grant you that I don’t have your level of experience on social media, as I have better things to do than spend hour upon hour upon hour each day posting and posting and endlessly posting on message boards and reposting links to other platforms.

Congratulations on your one-dimensional life and the expertise you feel you have gained from it. I’m off to the lake to spend the afternoon with my wife and daughter.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Or you could just be allowed to block assholes.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:11 pm Or you could just be allowed to block assholes.
Do it. Please.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:26 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:11 pm Or you could just be allowed to block assholes.
Do it. Please.
I'm not blocking anyone. All I am saying is that xitter needs to keep it's block feature. As a protection from stalkers if nothing else. I'm not sure why that would bother anyone but a snowflake.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:46 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:26 pm
Do it. Please.
I'm not blocking anyone. All I am saying is that xitter needs to keep it's block feature. As a protection from stalkers if nothing else. I'm not sure why that would bother anyone but a snowflake.
Again, being on social media is not life and death. It’s not even remotely necessary. If someone is bothering you on X, you get off of X. Or be a snowflake and demand that the rest of the world bend to your needs.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Or block them. Or be a snowflake and whine about someone blocking someone else.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:06 pm Or block them. Or be a snowflake and whine about someone blocking someone else.
I’m not whining. I don’t have a dog in the fight. No social media accounts other than FB, on which I rarely post. Couldn’t care less what happens on X or Instagram or any of the others. I’m just commenting on the fact that Musk has the right to run his platform the way he wants.