This Happened To Me Once:

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: This Happened To Me Once:

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“A Chinese widower also apparently had a sex doll manufacturer make a replica of a younger version of his late wife. He then had another doll made when the second one wore out.”

Ewwwwww
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So here's the thing, my dog Udoka and I actually look a lot alike except that his ears are longer, so it was worth a try.

A driver in southeast Colorado opted to test a 'dog ate my homework'-style excuse during a recent DUI stop on Saturday night.

At about 11:30 PM, officers with Springfield Police Department stopped a vehicle that was traveling 52 miles per hour in a 30-miles-per-hour zone. The stop was made in the vicinity of 7th Street and Main Street, which is in the heart of downtown Springfield.

As the stop was made, the driver attempted to switch seats with his dog, who was in the passenger seat at the time. The attempt was made as an officer approached the vehicle, with the officer witnessing the bizarre move.

The driver then exited from the passenger side of the vehicle and made the claim that he wasn't driving, showing "clear signs of intoxication" while doing so.

The officer asked the male about his intoxication, which prompted the man to run. He was apprehended just 20 yards away from the vehicle he attempted to leave behind.

It was later determined that the man had two active warrants for his arrest out of Pueblo County. It's also worth noting that the man claims he was attempting to drive from Las Animas to Pueblo at the time of the incident, though he ended up getting lost when traveling southeast instead of west.

The man was booked into Baca County Jail on numerous charges, including driving under the influence and/or drugs, driving while ability impaired, driving under suspension, speeding 20 to 24 over, and resisting arrest.

An investigation into the situation is ongoing. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty. Details about the fate of the dog were not included in the release.

I would appreciate it if no one brings this up around Dok at the Crimson/Blue Fest, he is still pissed at me for throwing him under the bus on this one.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

My wife walks into the bathroom this morning and I hear her saying, "what the hell?". She comes out and says, "there is a small animal organ on the bathroom rug." I go in and sure as hell there is something that looks like it could be a kidney about 3/4 of an inch long on the floor. We circumnavigate the bedroom looking for any body that this might have come from. She heard the cat rustling around playing with something, but no noises like a fight to the death, about an hour before.

I go downstairs to make coffee and look for any remnants of a small mammal that might be the source. Nothing. I let the dogs out but they don't come back in with anything that would explain the kidney on the floor. I go outside and walk the yard and find nothing that could have been the source.

We have hawks that kill rabbits and squirrels in the yard and take them up into a big oak tree to eat them. Best guess is something was in the tree eating and dropped a choice morsel onto the ground below. We have one dog Stella who spends much of her day upstairs in the bedroom. Stella found the tasty morsel while outside on a potty break and brought it in the house with her and took it upstairs, because if we saw it we would take it away. She would not want to lose such a prize to us dopey humans who wouldn't appreciate what she found. At some point she dropped it on her bed upstairs. The cat found it in the middle off the night and started playing with it because what could be more fun than finding a random kidney and tossing it around the room in the dark and pouncing on it. She finally dropped it on the bathroom rug so that my wife could see what she found, later in the morning.

It was either that or aliens caught a rabbit in the backyard and dissected it in our bathroom while we slept and dropped the kidney on their way out.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I love those fuck around with nature and find out stories. If you aren't sure what something can do to you don't pick it up....says the guy who picked up a wind scorpion one night in New Mexico because it looked weird.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 and I hired a fishin guide in South Carolina last year. Great fun, nice guy. I caught a sting ray. I let the guide take it off the hook. Catfish, no problemo, I ain't going near that thing.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

OK, this may have happened to me more than once but not more than a dozen times.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/white-s ... 10490.html
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:36 pm OK, this may have happened to me more than once but not more than a dozen times.

incredible.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The funniest part is I can't tell if that's intentional or not
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

In our next installment of the "sucking" theme:

A second worker has died in last six months after getting sucked into a jet engine, this time Delta Flight 1111 from Los Angeles to San Antonio, an Airbus 319 late in the evening of June 23rd.

https://youtu.be/G6XTGNIjKEY
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:36 pm OK, this may have happened to me more than once but not more than a dozen times.

Using pure MDMA was one of the most life altering events of my young life and I wish I had access to use it againt but in a controlled environment.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, at this point, considering how stubborn and indoctrinated human beings are, the best chance we really have left for ourselves and our own survival, is prob psychedelics.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:55 am Honestly, at this point, considering how stubborn and indoctrinated human beings are, the best chance we really have left for ourselves and our own survival, is prob psychedelics.
People who aren't open to some honest self-evaluation should most definitely avoid psychedelics. They aren't for those who think they have nothing about themselves that isn't awesome. Unfortunately, we have a big chunk of folks in this nation who have stubbornly dug in their heels and decided that all their opinions are right about everything no matter what evidence is put down in front of them.
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, the whole point of psychedelics is/could be opening oneself to honest self-evaluation.

that’s among the reasons for doing them in a controlled environment.

And if you think that’s a stretch, yea, I know. But the alternative is expecting folks to somehow be open to honest self-evaluation without psychedelics
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:32 am Well, the whole point of psychedelics is/could be opening oneself to honest self-evaluation.

that’s among the reasons for doing them in a controlled environment.

And if you think that’s a stretch, yea, I know. But the alternative is expecting folks to somehow be open to honest self-evaluation without psychedelics
Nah, it's just me being realizing that some people will never go through the exercise because deep down inside, they know they won't like the results of that analysis.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, so you mean less that people who aren't open to self-evaluation should avoid psychedelics (phrased like you meant it as cautionary advice), and more as an observation that people are too stubborn to go through the exercise of trying psychedelics either way (ideally/particularly in a controlled environment), precisely because they aren't open to self-evaluation in the first place?

I dunno, considering how many Americans consume how many prescription drugs, I bet more folks would be more open to it if it was more openly accepted as a legit healthcare procedure/treatment in the first place. Imagine if you could do psychedelics with a doctor/therapist/in a healthcare setting, with medical objectives in mind, and no legal concerns or stigma like "the only folks who do psychedelics is the counterculture outlaws at the Dead and Co show"

There's a docuseries on one of the streaming services about psychedelics. One episode discusses MDMA specifically. Part of its history, according to the series, is that back when it was created in the...1940s?, researchers realized it had massive potential as a therapeutic drug - so much so, that lasting results after as little as one (controlled environment) therapy session - for mental health and relationship/couples therapy and stuff.

...and, in the reality we've systemically created for ourselves, that was a big problem!

prescribing a drug you only have to take once isn't good for the bottom line. The end game here isn't healthier lives, it's shareholder return. You can't make much revenue off a one-time dose. The real money is in an ongoing treatment, with drugs you have to keep taking on an ongoing basis, which is to say, drugs they could keep selling you on an ongoing basis...isn't for-profit healthcare like totally super awesome?!