This Happened To Me Once:

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: This Happened To Me Once:

Post by KUTradition »

Last edited by KUTradition on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

crazy nebraskans
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Thankfully this did NOT happen to me once.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/04/pass ... vq.sAs6CcQ
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:20 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:15 am Thankfully this did NOT happen to me once.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/04/pass ... vq.sAs6CcQ
Or this.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/delta-flight ... index.html
With my luck, I’d be seated next to this passenger.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

RIP, Steve Irwin
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:21 pm
RIP, Steve Irwin
^^^

The same thing occurred to me. I had no idea the barbs were so long.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Florida Dr. Scott Anthony Burke, the 69-year-old yachtsman who police say they busted with more than 40 grams of cocaine and 14 grams of ketamine last week, was holding a party on board a boat last week as he faces terminal cancer, according to his lawyer.

"To have this man potentially spend the rest of his life waiting for a case in jail, to me, would be very, very tragic," the lawyer said, in reference to his client's illness.

Burke is facing drug and gun charges after police boarded his vessel last week in response to a report of a woman possibly overdosing. In the bedroom with the woman, they found cocaine and a pistol, and a search warrant allegedly turned up a substantial amount of drugs and another gun which the doctor didn't have a license for.

His attorney Henry Brennan told the Nantucket Current that additional allegations from an anonymous law enforcement source that prostitutes were on board is "disgusting" slander.

The woman on board was a friend of Burke's hired captain, Brennan told the paper, and a staff member.

"There was a party on the boat, and [Burke] was spending time with friends," he said. "As we suggested, the boat is large. He has a captain. He has staff. There was a cook. And sometimes there are people who serve as staff waiters, cleaners and things like that."

Police responded to Burke's boat, the Jess Conn, last Tuesday after an unidentified reporting party called their non-emergency dispatch line. Burke's 80-foot Nordhavn trawler has been visible in Nantucket Harbor for days after his arrest.

When first responders arrived in the master bedroom to look at the victim, they spotted a bag of cocaine on the nightstand and a loaded pistol on a bookshelf, according to the incident report.

After obtaining a search warrant, police went back and say they recovered 43.4 grams of cocaine and 14.1 grams of ketamine.

Neither Burke nor his attorney could immediately be reached for comment.

The doctor was one of the first international doctors to reach Haiti in 2010 following a devastating earthquake and performed more than 100 surgeries there, his lawyer told the judge at his bail hearing, according to the Current.

A source close to the investigation reportedly told the Nantucket Current that authorities also encountered prostitutes on board, but police have not confirmed that claim, and court records do not show any prostitution-related charges against Burke.

"That's certainly not in my press release," Lt. Angus MacVicar, the Nantucket Police Department's public information officer, told Fox News Digital.

OK, this looks bad on paper.

But in my defense, with that much blow on the yacht I did need to consider the possibility of having to defend against pirates boarding the ship to steal my booty and that would be a shit way for my going away party to end.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

^^^

Reasonable, japhy.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:30 pm
Florida Dr. Scott Anthony Burke, the 69-year-old yachtsman who police say they busted with more than 40 grams of cocaine and 14 grams of ketamine last week, was holding a party on board a boat last week as he faces terminal cancer, according to his lawyer.

"To have this man potentially spend the rest of his life waiting for a case in jail, to me, would be very, very tragic," the lawyer said, in reference to his client's illness.

Burke is facing drug and gun charges after police boarded his vessel last week in response to a report of a woman possibly overdosing. In the bedroom with the woman, they found cocaine and a pistol, and a search warrant allegedly turned up a substantial amount of drugs and another gun which the doctor didn't have a license for.

His attorney Henry Brennan told the Nantucket Current that additional allegations from an anonymous law enforcement source that prostitutes were on board is "disgusting" slander.

The woman on board was a friend of Burke's hired captain, Brennan told the paper, and a staff member.

"There was a party on the boat, and [Burke] was spending time with friends," he said. "As we suggested, the boat is large. He has a captain. He has staff. There was a cook. And sometimes there are people who serve as staff waiters, cleaners and things like that."

Police responded to Burke's boat, the Jess Conn, last Tuesday after an unidentified reporting party called their non-emergency dispatch line. Burke's 80-foot Nordhavn trawler has been visible in Nantucket Harbor for days after his arrest.

When first responders arrived in the master bedroom to look at the victim, they spotted a bag of cocaine on the nightstand and a loaded pistol on a bookshelf, according to the incident report.

After obtaining a search warrant, police went back and say they recovered 43.4 grams of cocaine and 14.1 grams of ketamine.

Neither Burke nor his attorney could immediately be reached for comment.

The doctor was one of the first international doctors to reach Haiti in 2010 following a devastating earthquake and performed more than 100 surgeries there, his lawyer told the judge at his bail hearing, according to the Current.

A source close to the investigation reportedly told the Nantucket Current that authorities also encountered prostitutes on board, but police have not confirmed that claim, and court records do not show any prostitution-related charges against Burke.

"That's certainly not in my press release," Lt. Angus MacVicar, the Nantucket Police Department's public information officer, told Fox News Digital.

OK, this looks bad on paper.

But in my defense, with that much blow on the yacht I did need to consider the possibility of having to defend against pirates boarding the ship to steal my booty and that would be a shit way for my going away party to end.
Maritime Law.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A Tennessee man who threatened employees with a rifle at a Little Caesars because his pepperoni pizza order was taking too long has pleaded guilty.

Charles Doty Jr., 64, was arrested in November 2021 after allegedly pointing an AK-47 at the pizza shop employees in Knoxville when the pizza wasn't "hot-n-ready."

He reportedly pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated assault on Aug. 23, according to local reports. Fox News Digital has reached out to the Knox County District Attorney's Office and the pizza chain.

Authorities responded to the Little Caesars at Cedar Bluff around 9 p.m. on Nov. 5, 2021. Witnesses told police that Doty, a Knoxville resident, became angry after being told about the wait and demanded free breadsticks.

"It wasn’t even a 10-minute wait when he came in with the gun," said Noah Beeler, who was working at the pizza restaurant that day. "If he would have not come in with the gun and waited another two maybe three minutes, it would have already been boxed and in his hands."

Doty left the store and came back with the rifle demanding the pizza. He allegedly prevented one employee from leaving the store.

To calm him down, another customer gave Doty her pizza so he would leave.

"I handed her her crazy sauce," Kimberleigh Murrell, who started working at the pizza shop that day, told WATE. "I’m about to have her leave, walking out. He comes in, the gun is pointed like this, held down a little bit. Then I look at it. My eyes drop to the gun. And he literally pulls it up, points it at me, semi-points at her, and says, ‘Where is my pizza? I want my pizza now.'"
OK, so maybe I over reacted.

BUT God damnit they took my hookers, my blow and my yacht and I only have months to live. I should not have to wait for a god damn pizza!

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I say give the dude back his hookers, blow and boat.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:24 am I say give the dude back his hookers, blow and boat.
I LIKE you.

I feel like you would be a real ally when my plans go off the rails.

Solstice 2024 is next June 21-22 in the Empire. We are working on a plan to bring an art car invasion to town. And I have a little side project with the working title of "Temple of Blasphemy - Tribute to the True GOD!".

You should come out, bring the whole family....and bail money.

Not for me, Officer Kendra loves me. But some of my knucklehead friends seem to get crosswise with the local police force in the wee hours of the morning.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:24 am I say give the dude back his hookers, blow and boat.
I LIKE you.

I feel like you would be a real ally when my plans go off the rails.

Solstice 2024 is next June 21-22 in the Empire. We are working on a plan to bring an art car invasion to town. And I have a little side project with the working title of "Temple of Blasphemy - Tribute to the True GOD!".

You should come out, bring the whole family....and bail money.

Not for me, Officer Kendra loves me. But some of my knucklehead friends seem to get crosswise with the local police force in the wee hours of the morning.
^^^

Bring "Lawyers, Guns, and Money!"

https://youtu.be/F2HH7J-Sx80?si=52LoZyYNSPI5aEAB
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

9/13/23

Cell phone video captured the moments when an alligator charged at a Texas Girl Scout troop in a lake at Huntsville State Park

https://youtu.be/DuNQ_GYKu3U?si=KI9PVHajzVTJawPm
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas