This Happened To Me Once:

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: This Happened To Me Once:

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:24 am I say give the dude back his hookers, blow and boat.
But some of my knucklehead friends seem to get crosswise with the local police force in the wee hours of the morning.
Someone needed to wake up that sleepy little town.
It certainly isn't going to be you old farts, going to bed at 7 pm.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I member when my daughter's pet corn snake bit you, It was nothing like that.

But it is an opportunity for a "hell of a damn grave".
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote:I member when my daughter's pet corn snake bit you, It was nothing like that.
Same thing, only different.

I'm not permanently scarred.

much
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That reminds me of one of my grandpa’s jokes….

so two old doods go hit the head to take a leak.

As the one guy unzips his pants, a penny falls out of his pocket, and into the toilet.

Without batting an eye, he reaches for his bill fold, and throws a crisp $20 down there too.

The other guy says, “what the hell are you doing?!”

The one guy replies, “you didn’t think I was gonna go down there just for a penny, didja?”
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sucks to be her. I guess it is NOT the happiest place on Earth.

https://www.complex.com/life/a/markelib ... linkin.bio
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If I am being intellectually honest the most dead birds I have found in a morning window check in the KC area was 30. To see them piled up like this would be pretty shocking.

https://news.wttw.com/2023/10/05/birder ... collisions

If you don't know, most of these birds migrate at night. They start taking flight around sundown. Once it starts to get dark the sky can be full of birds. We sit out on our patio at sundown this time of year and they come over in droves. The warblers are the easiest to identify because of the yellow color on their belly. Once it gets dark you can see their silhouettes against the sky. If you have never done this before it is impressive. It can be more birds than you have ever seen in the sky at one time. I have been told they navigate at night using the treetops as a guide. Hence buildings like McCormack Place with lots of glass and trees around it tend to lead them straight into the reflections of trees in the facade. Our yard has lots of trees so we sit in a clearing between the trees and watch them through that window of sky. Tonight could be a good time to see this phenomenon in the midwest as the cold front passes through.

If you want to see the aftermath of the collisions, go to Crown Center tomorrow morning and walk under the glass bridge between the hotel and the offices. The warblers will be on the street underneath. They will be on the sidewalks around the former KC Star printing plant as well along McGee.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

didn’t even know this was biologically possible

https://people.com/mom-finds-out-pregna ... ts-8349732
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I cost my company several thousand dollars in Snowflake credits today.
Oops.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Jesus. Freak accident? I can't believe this hasn't happened a lot more.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/29/sport/ad ... index.html
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve always been surprised more guys don’t get hit in the face/head with pucks

but yes, given all the collisions one might expect more neck injuries than there seem to be
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:25 am Jesus. Freak accident? I can't believe this hasn't happened a lot more.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/29/sport/ad ... index.html
Seeing someone bleed out through the jugular is pretty shocking.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I don't think I wanna know.

I always struggle with knife and slice injuries in movies etc. Something about it just is tough for me.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Doorbell cam captures moment Paul Milgrom finds out he has won the Nobel prize for economics

US academic Robert Wilson had to walk across the street at 2am in the morning to deliver the news to his fellow Stanford University colleague Paul Milgrom that the two had won the 2020 Nobel prize for economics.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Same thing happened to Trump when he won the Nobel Peace Prize replica from Amazon.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Some Amazon basics items are well built, some
Have the look and build of a bad, bad haircut/
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

A car thief suspect became trapped inside a porta-potty at a Wisconsin golf course. The bizarre case started when a stolen car crashed outside Milwaukee. Cops say one of the suspects ran to a golf course and jumped inside a porta-potty to hide. Fortunately, a golfer saw what was happening and tipped the porta-potty over, trapping the suspect. A police officer later rolled the porta-potty over so the suspect could get out.

Golfer Traps Suspect Inside Porta-Potty
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A Florida woman has found herself behind bars after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend with rabies needles because he was looking at other women, according to police.

Sandra Jimenez, 44, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery after the incident that unfolded Saturday at the home she shares with her boyfriend of eight years, according to an arrest affidavit from the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Police responded to a local hospital in regard to a man who was stabbed in the eye with a needle. After speaking with the victim, police discovered that Jimenez allegedly used their dogs' rabies needles to pierce her boyfriend's right eyelid amid an ongoing argument about "him looking at other women," the affidavit said.

Jimenez allegedly jumped on the man while he was lying on the couch and stabbed him, police said. She then left their house after she "realized what she had done," the affidavit added.

The man called police and was transported to a local hospital, where he was met by officers.

Police eventually caught up with Jimenez, who was found sleeping in her car outside her home, the affidavit said. She was arrested.

When police asked her about what happened, Jimenez said the man's injuries were "self-inflicted," according to the affidavit.

Jimenez remains at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on $7,500 bond, arrest records show.

In my defense that woman who works at Buffalo State Pizza wears what could best be described as "volleyball shorts" to work a lot, and she wears them well. I'm thankful Annie left her gun in Colorado. We have discussed going to counseling after my eye patch comes off.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

a wise man once said (not that i agree in practice), that it doesn’t matter where you get your appetite so long as you go home to eat