jhawks99
Contributor

The Truth Comes Out

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 266

Re: The Truth Comes Out

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Sorry to bust y’all haters bubble but the only 💩💩💩💩Ing I did June 5 2008 was on the Lakers #factz #haterzgonnahate #😂😂😂

— Paul Pierce (@paulpierce34) June 6, 2019
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Peak NBA was in and around the 07-10 era. It's when the rosters had started becoming packed full of talent but, most importantly, the last time there were actual and fun rivalries.

Really led by the Celtics absolutely hating LeBron and Kobe, that was great. The Detroit teams were tough. Likable San Antonio was always there, too.

Then LeBron made the league too goddamn friendly, big man went away, and the google/netflix/silicon nerds suddenly became the big and "expert" fan base.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:28 am Peak NBA was in and around the 07-10 era. It's when the rosters had started becoming packed full of talent but, most importantly, the last time there were actual and fun rivalries.

Really led by the Celtics absolutely hating LeBron and Kobe, that was great. The Detroit teams were tough. Likable San Antonio was always there, too.

Then LeBron made the league too goddamn friendly, big man went away, and the google/netflix/silicon nerds suddenly became the big and "expert" fan base.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm Image
At age 24:

Shaq - 26.2/12.5/2.9 .56/.00/.48
Embiid - 27.5/13.6/1.9 .48/.30/.80

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I think CnB is talking about your traditional big man. Throw it into Shaq, Yao, Morning, Hakeem, Ewing, etc and they do their work on the block type of stars. This era's best big men prefer to face up instead of back down.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think one more point and one more rebound but one fewer block and 8% worse FG% warrants that kind of look.
Also does this mean the 76ers start their 3peat soon?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:31 pm I think CnB is talking about your traditional big man. Throw it into Shaq, Yao, Morning, Hakeem, Ewing, etc and they do their work on the block type of stars. This era's best big men prefer to face up instead of back down.
Let 'em have their fun. Although, I agree with PhD that Embiid is that special type of generational player that can play in any era. There are other big guys throughout history like that.

But, I absolutely don't like the fact that you can have a scrub like Clint Capela be a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball in today's game. I get the math behind the current style that's on trend, but I don't find it as enjoyable as the game was about 10 years ago.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:38 pm I don't think one more point and one more rebound but one fewer block and 8% worse FG% warrants that kind of look.
Also does this mean the 76ers start their 3peat soon?
Nah. Not with Jimmy Butler. That guy is like taking a 3 day road trip with 4 dudes and the only food you can eat is beans...just a matter of time before the place stinks so bad that everyone wants to leave.

Deleted User 266

For now - Embiid wants the bean eater on his team.
Now it's up to management to decide if they want him too.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Pierce messing with people and now people are questioning did he really have to take a shit, was he really injured, or what the heck did we all really witness.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

really, 2010 as peak? ugh.
kcmokufan

Post by kcmokufan »

Saw the title and thought Paul Pierce was gay.
Deleted User 266

My guess is that was 99's intention - nice job as far as click bait.

Hope he didn't burst your bubble. This is probably as close as your are going to get.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hoopla wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 pm really, 2010 as peak? ugh.
So, you're a LeBron guy or Warriors guy?

Mid 90's were also great, but talent was better top to bottom in 07-10.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Give me the talent level of that era ( 2007-2010 ) and the rules of 2004 after illegal defense was eliminated but before hand checking became an emphasis.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

those teams were great: the tough ass Pistons, the fundamental ass Spurs, the Lakers with Kobe in his prime, and the Celts with the Big 3.

that era also featured young Lebron on the up-and-up, when he was still the hunter more than the hunted, and before the era of The Decision/s and getting to play GM for himself.
Deleted User 266

Best time in the NBA for me was believe it or not - pre Jordan Bulls championships.
The decade of 80 to 90. Celtics/Lakers rivalry has been unparalleled in my lifetime.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:28 am
This is the same group that are messing up all sports, IMO. Also known as analytics. It’s a game, let’s leave it at that.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I started at KU in 91. Since then, I’ve had little interest in the NBA. Minus paying attention to a couple superstars, meh.