From when the shit hit the fan with Mangino til now

Kansas Football.
ousdahl

From when the shit hit the fan with Mangino til now

Post by ousdahl »

what was the lowest point for KU football?
Deleted User 89

Re: From when the shit hit the fan with Mangino til now

Post by Deleted User 89 »

snickers?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I can think of two from the 2017 season.

1. The TCU running clock game.
2. Being the only team to lose to that decimated Baylor team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We once lost 70-28.
In an overtime loss to Texas Tech, we threw for a total of 29 yards.

I think it has to be the end of the 0-12 2015 season though.

Loose the home opener to South Dakota State.
People talking like we had a chance in hell vs Memphis and then get blown out.
Loose at home to a god awful Rutgers team.

Last chance to get a win - at home versus a 4 win ksu team who, if we win, would be eliminated from a bowl game. Down 28-7 by the first quarter, loose 45-14. Finish winless.

We convince ourselves that Beaty just needs time to fix the Weis mess and 0-12 is excusable.
We finish with 6 more wins in 3 seasons after that - and 2 Big 12 wins.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 pmsnickers?
Cot in office.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

To me, 2011 was the worst year by far, and it wasn't close..

66-24 vs Ga Tech was ugly. They had 700+ yards of total offense.

43-0 at Texas was gross. 46 total yards.

KU went up 7-0 at oSu. Then gave up 56 straight points to end THE FIRST HALF. Lost 70-28.

2015 was ugly all around, but was expected. Although being down 31-17 to South Dakota St was not expected. First time HC, depleted roster and a fan base that wasn't expecting a lot in Beaty's first year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 amTo me, 2011 was the worst year by far, and it wasn't close
Very much disagree.

The 2017 season as a whole was quite possibly the worst and least fun season in Kansas football history. There was not one redeeming thing about that season. It was also Beaty's 3rd year and we knew we were toast with him. The roster depletion issues were exposed, everyone had lost faith in Zenger, we were not competitive in a single game. There was no hope for the future.

Rock bottom.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think 2017 is a close second. 2017 had some competitive games. Down by 7 to kstate in 4th quarter, down by 8 to WVU in 4th quarter and 2 score game at Texas in 3rd quarter. But they also had blowouts too.
2011, we still had the high from the Orange Bowl. A coach with recruits who were coming to KU because they had just won a BCS game. A more full roster than 2017, a better group of talent than 2017 and an overall higher fan interest.

But 2011 had ugly games. I understand 2017 the record was 1-11. But 2011 was not much better at 2-10. And the losses included 66-24, 70-28, 59-21, 43-0, 61-7. They freaking hung their hat on a 31-30 OT loss to Baylor at home when Baylor and RGIII clearly didn't want to be there. And even in that game, KU was up 24-3 and still blew it.

2011 was ugly. 2017 was ugly. I think those were the worst moments of KU football post Mangino.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well I think in response to this thread, being "lowest point in KU football since Mangino," the fact that 2011 happened makes 2017 even worse.

Even if there were a couple close games in 2017 at the start of the 4th: 1. no one actually thought we'd win those games, 2. you had several fans rooting against us to get Beaty and Zenger out of here, and 3. we can also pick through and find some close games at the start of the 4th quarter in 2011.

There was still hope in 2011 with our shiny new AD. 2017 and 18 had to be the lowest attendance in decades.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Dave and Busters
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Was Snickers separate from D&B?

The worst part about Snickers is that BOTH Gill and Beaty were involved.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Too long ago to remember all the details, but I still laugh when I see a fucking Dave & Busters commercial.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am I think 2017 is a close second. 2017 had some competitive games. Down by 7 to kstate in 4th quarter, down by 8 to WVU in 4th quarter and 2 score game at Texas in 3rd quarter. But they also had blowouts too.
2011, we still had the high from the Orange Bowl. A coach with recruits who were coming to KU because they had just won a BCS game. A more full roster than 2017, a better group of talent than 2017 and an overall higher fan interest.

But 2011 had ugly games. I understand 2017 the record was 1-11. But 2011 was not much better at 2-10. And the losses included 66-24, 70-28, 59-21, 43-0, 61-7. They freaking hung their hat on a 31-30 OT loss to Baylor at home when Baylor and RGIII clearly didn't want to be there. And even in that game, KU was up 24-3 and still blew it.

2011 was ugly. 2017 was ugly. I think those were the worst moments of KU football post Mangino.
You're skipping over the worst years.

The Weis era was the worst. He took a team that went to shit under Gill and made it even worse...by a significant margin. And then Beaty couldn't get it out of that mess. The roster situation Weis inherited was shameful and he made it even worse.

2012 was the worst. There was excitement around Crist, and then the team looked even worse than it had in 2011.

Weis was smart in that he did everything he could to shorten the games, ran the ball almost every down, etc, so the scores weren't as embarrassing...but the ass-kickings were just as bad.

Single game, I might say the icy game in Ames, when ISU was the second worst team in the conference and they shut us out and we made their backup QB look like an All-American.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2012 not the worst just because it did not feel as bad as it was at that time. AKA, everyone was blaming Gill for 2012.

2017 and 2011 are the top 2, because we knew what we had.

If you can pick out one day, though, what was worse than losing to Nicholls State in the opener in the 2018 season? I guess we at least knew Beaty was getting canned and Long was here.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

God, that icy game in Ames was awful, you're right.

The team did NOT want to be there or play that game. They slipped all over the place while Iowa State was running around just fine.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am 2012 not the worst just because it did not feel as bad as it was at that time. AKA, everyone was blaming Gill for 2012.

2017 and 2011 are the top 2, because we knew what we had.

If you can pick out one day, though, what was worse than losing to Nicholls State in the opener in the 2018 season? I guess we at least knew Beaty was getting canned and Long was here.

That game was the nail in the coffin for Beaty and Co. Worst part was, Nicholls went to Tulane the next game and got demolished by 20+.

But from that point on, we knew Beaty wasn't going to be here much longer save for him going to a bowl, and even then, that was a stretch. And they were close to getting there. But I still think Long might have pulled the trigger if he knew Les was there for the taking.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas was dead last out of 128 teams in 2015.
They were literally the lowest point.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

that's hilariously sad
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

This feel like a ‘whose fart smells the worst’ game
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm This feel like a ‘whose fart smells the worst’ game
1. Weiss - you know his farts are awful.

2. Tie - the other two shitty coaches probably have standard stinky farts.