Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 62

KD to Brooklyn?

Post by Deleted User 62 »

WTF
Geezer

Re: KD to Brooklyn?

Post by Geezer »

Kyrie and KD. Won't be next year but could be interesting after.

And DeAndre Jordan.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Durant has won his last title.

A guy that might have a Top 10 all time argument, but this move and the Achilles injury will greatly hinder that.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I am sure the bank will help soothe his pain
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:09 pm Durant has won his last title.

A guy that might have a Top 10 all time argument, but this move and the Achilles injury will greatly hinder that.
Yep. What a dumb fucking decision
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Ugh, we'd better win a title next year.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:48 pm

This era of the NBA might go down as the era of lame free agency moves.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

He's got plenty of money, he likes Kyrie and DeAndre and Brooklyn is pretty good before all this. Oh and his surgeon is in NYC.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Geezer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:48 pm

He's got plenty of money, he likes Kyrie and DeAndre and Brooklyn is pretty good before all this. Oh and his surgeon is in NYC.
Cool?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Brooklyn is an awesome spot though in terms of city life.

Might not win titles but will be an interesting team.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

KD did just fine in OKC. Didn't win a championship but did just fine.
KD did just fine in the Bay. Did win 2 championships and two Finals MVPs.
Assuming he comes back from his injury, KD will do just fine in Brooklyn too.
A new chapter in his basketball life. Good for him. Good for Brooklyn fans.
Who the fuck are we to know what is best for KD more than he knows what's best for him?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The thing is, what could Durant have done to appease people?
He stays in Golden State and then he's just going the easy route to get rings.
He goes to the Knicks and he's in a dumpster fire of an organization.
I'm going to guess someone will say Clippers - but the Nets have some good pieces too so you can't guarantee the Clippers would be a better landing spot.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Everyone is laughing at Dolan today, and rightfully so.

But, there’s certainly a chance he’s right and KD is not worth a max contract with the Achilles.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 am Everyone is laughing at Dolan today, and rightfully so.

But, there’s certainly a chance he’s right and KD is not worth a max contract with the Achilles.
I think it's smart of him not to offer that max deal. But the optics of it look horrible. Owner who has stated he wants to win, but doesn't back it up with offers that are too good to say no to.

I just think KD will be 3/4 of the player he was before. Still really freaking good, but don't think he's worth the $41M/year on average. Especially when one of those years will be void.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 am Everyone is laughing at Dolan today, and rightfully so.

I think it's smart of him not to offer that max deal. But the optics of it look horrible. Owner who has stated he wants to win, but doesn't back it up with offers that are too good to say no to.

I just think KD will be 3/4 of the player he was before. Still really freaking good, but don't think he's worth the $41M/year on average. Especially when one of those years will be void.
Oh he absolutely should be raked over the coals for this. Giving up Porzingis to put all the eggs in the FA basket and coming up completely empty + no Zion. It’s actually hilarious.

And, even if he’s right, like you said, KD is a risk that the Knicks have to take right now and I think he’d be forgiven for making that move if it didn’t work out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I mean - it's just money. And even a diminished Durant at the max is better value than what a lot of sub-max guys are getting.

That said - is there any chance that post-Achilles Durant and Ages 28-31 Kyrie are even close to as good as Prime Durant and just pre-Prime Westbrook?

I say no. And, lest we forget, Kyrie has now "can't play nice with othersed" himself out of two places.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:22 am

That said - is there any chance that post-Achilles Durant and Ages 28-31 Kyrie are even close to as good as Prime Durant and just pre-Prime Westbrook?

They're in the Eastern Conference instead of the Western Conference. So they presumably have an easier path to the finals.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:02 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:22 am

They're in the Eastern Conference instead of the Western Conference. So they presumably have an easier path to the finals.
Don't know if that's as true anymore. Bucks, 76ers, Celtics, Raptors (Even less Kawhi) Pacers are all really good. Pistons are even a team that could be dangerous. Add the Nets into the mix as a top team in East, that's a dangerous conference.

The West now really just has Lakers, Pelicans, Warriors, Blazers and Rockets.

The East is stronger 1-8. The West is stronger 1-5.

This may sound a bit ridiculous and probably a bit exaggerated. But ALL of the big FA went to the East. They are staying away from Golden State and LeBron.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG