You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: HAPPY FOURTH

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Find a country without a history of prejudice and unequalness by the class in power.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And fuck all of that, just for today, and enjoy the day. Celebrate this country for 1 damn day.

Im not a big 4th fan, but come on. One day without hating everything about our country would be nice.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Happy 4th bro! Enjoy the day!
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 am And fuck all of that, just for today, and enjoy the day. Celebrate this country for 1 damn day.

Im not a big 4th fan, but come on. One day without hating everything about our country would be nice.

Kewl!
Let's see here. How should I celebrate the day?
Debbie Downer version........
I'll start by saying good morning to my neighbor - who got laid off from her job as a chef.
Then I will walk two blocks west - and watch people get tested for the virus at the drive up testing facility. That's always fun and exciting.
After that I think I'll ride my bike and hang out at the beach - What beach? They are all CLOSED.
Maybe at some point this afternoon I'll stop by the Nike store and buy myself a new pair of shoes - umm, on second thought I can't because the store was looted and badly damaged during the "riot/s" and has been closed for a month.
I'm craving Checkers so maybe I'll go to the one on Marquette and Halstead (near Englewood) to go get a burger and fries - but I don't have armed body guards nor an armored tank to drive there.
Perhaps tonight I will go to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks show - that was CANCELLED.

Ulysses Upper version.......
This morning I think I will take a bike ride along the lake.
Around noon I'll sit on a bench near the lakefront and listen to some music and read a book.
At 3:00 I'll head over to Whole Foods and buy some ground beef and/or steaks.
From about 4:00 to 5:00 I think I might watch Rocket Mortgage Classic.
From 5:00 to 6:00 I'll probably watch the local and national news.
From 6:15 to 7:30, if it's not too hot, I'll grill some burgers and/or steak/s on the rooftop and sit up there and enjoy my meal.
From 8:00pm to whenever I'll watch a movie.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 am And fuck all of that, just for today, and enjoy the day. Celebrate this country for 1 damn day.

I love the 4th and despite our ( recently extreme ) flaws still love our country.

Gonna get drunk.
Also bought a bag of crunchy cheetos so I'll be getting down on those.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:33 am

I love the 4th and despite our ( recently extreme ) flaws still love our country.

Gonna get drunk.
Debbie Downer response.....
The 4th is as ghey of a holiday as there is.
I hate this country. What's good about it?
Of course you (and 50%+ of "adult" Americans) are going to get drunk. That's what Americans do. Get drunk and behave more stoopid than you already are.
Crunchy Cheetos are a favorite food of Trump supporters all around the country.

Ulysses Upper response.....
4th is the best holiday of the year. We live in the best country in the world. Getting drunk is a God given right in this country and I support your and everyone else's God given right - and encourage you to exercise that right.
Crunch Cheetos are gooooooood! Not as good as good chicken but still goooooood.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gonna get drunk.
This.

Wtf is wrong with some of you.

We focus on the negative the other 364 days of the year. We can have one fucking day to celebrate the positive. And there's A LOT more positive than negative even in 2020.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There is still a structure in place that allows our populous to make choices. There is still a freedom from an oppressive centralized government. There is still a rich history of the USA doing good. There is still the opportunity to become the person you want ( and its tougher for some but spare me the excuses ) more so than many other countries. I can get drunk and grill and eat cheetos and hang with family and watch fireworks and be proud of the heart of what our country stands for and hope it can still be that.

And we can post this other bullshit stuff in a different thread.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa that might be my first post ever to be deleted by the mods! (well, except for various short-lived socks...)

But yeah, enjoy the day everyone!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You grill cheetos?
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think I've deleted one post here.
Yours was just moved.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:18 am You grill cheetos?
Now we are onto something.
That's a scenario in which I support the oxford comma but I didn't use it there.
Deleted User 289

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 am

Gonna get drunk.
This.

Wtf is wrong with some of you.

We focus on the negative the other 364 days of the year. We can have one fucking day to celebrate the positive. And there's A LOT more positive than negative even in 2020.
I'm 100% for people enjoying the day, celebrating our nation's independence, and doing whatever makes them happy.

Unfortunately this year some of us are not able to "celebrate" in the fashion we have been accustomed to. Myself included.

Many years ago our family had BBQs on the 4th. My father's birthday was on the 5th so it was always a fun celebration. At least 100 people would come over and then most of us would head to the fireworks about a mile away and enjoy the show. Those days are long gone.

After my father died and once I moved to the city my 4th of July would consist of hanging out with friends getting high and/or drunk, going to the beach or a pool, maybe seeing/hearing some live music, BBQing/grilling, and then going to watch fireworks (big show in the city was on the 3rd) but other places had them on the 4th. Those days are in the past but will hopefully be rekindled.

Recently I spent the majority of my 4th of Julys in Aspen. Always a nice place to be despite many of the people I don't care for who "reside" in Aspen.

This year all I want to do is go to a beach (all closed in the city) or hear/see live music outdoors (most venues in the city do NOT have that option today), and watch some fireworks. City canceled fireworks shows and my rooftop closes at 8:00pm these days so I can't view the "illegal" fireworks shows across the city and in the suburbs.

Not looking for sympathy - just stating how it is for me. Not the most "happy"/"celebratory" of days.
Like most people, I will make the best of what I can do today and try to have a good day.

Enjoy your 4th everyone!
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16 am whoa that might be my first post ever to be deleted by the mods! (well, except for various short-lived socks...)

But yeah, enjoy the day everyone!
Wonder why it was deleted?

Jamari Traylor's opinion/post isn't valid?

The disgusting comments by people weren't telling of the attitudes of some people?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pwhitt just moved it to the other thread.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whatever instigating you all want to do, don't do it on the Satellite bored.

Post on poli or off topic.

Imagine the poli bored as a public park or open space--you can protest and bitch there.

Imagine the Satellite bored as an open air shack serving margs, Coors and nachos with a sign over the bar that reads "leave your bullshit at the door".

I didn't delete any posts--just moved em outta the bar.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:53 am Pwhitt just moved it to the other thread.
No. He moved your post to another thread I think. He deleted Jamari's IG post.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:53 am Whatever instigating you all want to do, don't do it on the Satellite bored.

Post on poli or off topic.

Imagine the poli bored as a public park or open space--you can protest and bitch there.

Imagine the Satellite bored as an open air shack serving margs, Coors and nachos with a sign over the bar that reads "leave your bullshit at the door".
That's fair enough.

Although it is a little cringy that you think Jamari's post qualifies as bullshit. Maybe I am misinterpreting the deletion of the post. Hopefully.

But yeah, happy 4th of July and what not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

where do I complain about too much salt on my marg?