Down Ballot: Who You Got?

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: Down Ballot: Who You Got?

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:20 pm It's not my article. It's Mark Hemingway's. It may mean they were thrown away, got lost in the mail, were sent/forwarded to incorrect address, any number of things. And I highlighted the fraud part, because there is NO evidence that the fact that they're missing is related to fraud. It just means they can't be accounted for.
Mark Hemingway of the Weekly Standard, Washington Examiner, National Review--yeah that's an unbiased "only Republicans should be able to vote" kind of guy. You quoted Hemingway, so you own him, DC. He quotes some stupid NYTimes article that references ONE case of absentee ballot fraud in Florida, back in 2012. Absentee ballots in Florida have been championed by the GOP, who spent a lot of time in nursing homes, filling out those ballots and pushing elderly voters your way--but this year, all y'all can't even go into the nursing homes, so your GOP is now against absentee ballots--in the middle of a pandemic.

I had to laugh at the NYT article which made the Florida Canvassing Boards that carefully try to determine voter intent as something sinister. Unlike you or Hemingway or the NYT reporter, I've actually been there on Election Night, watching the Canvassing Board try to determine whether to accept or reject ballots. I can also tell you that the most ballots are rejected because they were mailed too late, or the person registered too late.

But, your Republican Party is gonna do its best to make people risk their lives to vote. You must be so proud, DC.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ummm...OK.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“‘Maricopa County is the key for Republicans winning .... It's the key to Trump’s re-election but it’s also key for the Senate seat.’”

McSally is down in that traditionally Republican county, the most populous in AZ and the fourth-most populous in the US, by ...

54% to 38%.

https://twitter.com/LaurieRoberts/statu ... 5Etfw">May
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Those silly republicans, what will they do next?

lulz

https://twitter.com/axios/status/126317 ... 5Etfw">May
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Whew! When you've opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

A new ad makes the case against Lindsey Graham with Graham doing all the talking.

The “Lindsey Must Go” ad spends 81 seconds pummeling Graham with his greatest hits against and then for Trump. For instance, in one breath, you hear Graham moan in a 2015 interview, “Every time I turn around I’m being asked about Donald Trump saying one dumb thing or another. And I’m tired of it.” Then, in the next clip from a 2018 interview, you watch Graham earnestly say, “President Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and then some.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... l-talking/
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:51 am Whew! When you've opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

A new ad makes the case against Lindsey Graham with Graham doing all the talking.

The “Lindsey Must Go” ad spends 81 seconds pummeling Graham with his greatest hits against and then for Trump. For instance, in one breath, you hear Graham moan in a 2015 interview, “Every time I turn around I’m being asked about Donald Trump saying one dumb thing or another. And I’m tired of it.” Then, in the next clip from a 2018 interview, you watch Graham earnestly say, “President Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and then some.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... l-talking/
Hypocrite, much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyavctH2LeA
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You support that?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:42 pmYou support that?
not in the slightest
Deleted User 89

i do understand the motivation tho

living both here and in kansas, it’s incredibly easy to feel that it doesn’t matter how i vote, because the republican majority will decide the course of the state
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 pm
not in the slightest
Absolutely I support it. Is it not someone's right to vote and "be heard"?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:02 pm
not in the slightest
Absolutely I support it. Is it not someone's right to vote and "be heard"?
Sure, if your honest in your voting.

If it were reversed it would be plastered across the "Republicans have no shame" thread.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Can't disagree with that.
Too much of it's wrong when the other guys do it but it's ok when my guys do it in this country.
I've been called names for being an "Independent" voter but sometimes I feel it's better being called a derogatory name than it is being labeled a Democrat or a Republican.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

not in the slightest
I disagree. If the rules are that only those who belong to the Party can vote in the primary then selection of Party is perfectly an expression of Free Speech and Freedom of Association. These sorts of shenanigans happen everywhere at every election. We only pay attention to it when it happens in our neighborhood. I don't think enough cross-Party voting in primaries happen to make a difference. Takes too much work and if there's one thing we can all agree on about our collective electorate it is that they are absolutely lazy.

I thought that the Republican-engineered "jungle primary" in California was thought of as a reasonable outcome to avoid general elections which mean nothing but it backfired massively. Although the support for the Republican Party has been eroding in California for so long that I don't if the Top-two Primary just demonstrated the problem or accelerated the conclusion
Deleted User 89

and i agree with all of that

but, people are assholes and someone would inevitably take advantage

maybe i’m wrong...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That one is running a lot here.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I support not having to register with any party affiliation so that everyone can vote in every election in the area where they live.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 am
I support not having to register with any party affiliation so that everyone can vote in every election in the area where they live.
Thats fine. But thats not this.
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The primaries are party elections not elections by all the people.
Party switching to sabotage primary is as old as primary elections.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.