pdub
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Dajuan Harris!!!!!!

Post by pdub »

Well, it's becoming the NBA.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The portal/NIL is changing college to where it more resembles the NBA though in the sense that when the offseason comes, you have to hit the portal and sign new players to build your roster
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And every year teams in the NBA sign/trade for a bunch of guys thinking they've built a contender. Then find out it looks better on paper than on the court. The pieces don't always perform or fit as well as you'd think

That's what happened to us this season
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bill is new to this style of GM'ing and player evaluation.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:40 am Bill is new to this style of GM'ing and player evaluation.
^^^^This^^^^. He sees all the problems we see and more. Bill will adjust an figure it out. He isn't HOF for nothing.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

AlOerter wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:49 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:40 am Bill is new to this style of GM'ing and player evaluation.
^^^^This^^^^. He sees all the problems we see and more. Bill will adjust an figure it out. He isn't HOF for nothing.
I think he'll figure it out. And it's not like we're doing "bad" by normal standards. Just bad by Bill Self standards.

Unfortunately, he's in the twighlight of his career. Soon there will be a new face at the head of the table.

I don't like duke particularly, but their transition plan worked well I think. Scheyer is doing better than I expected.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

alot of the older dudes find the new normal not to their liking. and have packed it in rather than adjust.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:55 am
I think he'll figure it out. And it's not like we're doing "bad" by normal standards. Just bad by Bill Self standards.

Unfortunately, he's in the twighlight of his career. Soon there will be a new face at the head of the table.

I don't like duke particularly, but their transition plan worked well I think. Scheyer is doing better than I expected.
I, personally, would be both surprised and somewhat-hurt (which is stupid! but here we are!) if Bill pulled a Jay Wright.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:57 am

I, personally, would be both surprised and somewhat-hurt (which is stupid! but here we are!) if Bill pulled a Jay Wright.
Doubt that happens with DH and Kj still here. Once those two are gone, all bets are off.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:58 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:57 am

Zero chance that happens with DH and Kj still here. Once those two are gone, all bets are off.
I admit there’s a lot of wishcasting in here, but I don’t see Bill leaving without the program being on great footing. My opinion is informed by him sticking it out through the Bucknell/Bradley stuff, through the Okie State stuff, through the FBI stuff, through the stroke or whatever happened last year.

I think he does care, a lot, about his legacy. And I don’t think he wants to do anything to make it look like he gave up.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i still think he’ll stay in it long enough to pass K (barring something crazy happening)

edit: but i also wouldn’t be shocked if he hung it up after getting another ‘ship if that happened first
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:01 pm I admit there’s a lot of wishcasting in here, but I don’t see Bill leaving without the program being on great footing. My opinion is informed by him sticking it out through the Bucknell/Bradley stuff, through the Okie State stuff, through the FBI stuff, through the stroke or whatever happened last year.

I think he does care, a lot, about his legacy. And I don’t think he wants to do anything to make it look like he gave up.
I agree.

I do think now that the fbi stuff is past, and once we are past the scholly reduction, that he can feel comfortable that we are on great footing moving forward.