No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by Shirley »

The discovery of 215 bodies buried in unmarked graves behind a jail outside of Jackson, Mississippi, has left a community in disbelief. The families are angry they were never notified of the deaths and how their loved ones are buried in graves marked by just a metal rod and a number.

Families in disbelief after hundreds of bodies found buried behind Mississippi jail
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:31 pm The discovery of 215 bodies buried in unmarked graves behind a jail outside of Jackson, Mississippi, has left a community in disbelief. The families are angry they were never notified of the deaths and how their loved ones are buried in graves marked by just a metal rod and a number.

Families in disbelief after hundreds of bodies found buried behind Mississippi jail
I'm surprised this has been up for 12 hours and we haven't heard about how this is, essentially, just desserts.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NPR had live coverage of, well, some significant trial going on right now at The Hague.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:23 am
Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:31 pm The discovery of 215 bodies buried in unmarked graves behind a jail outside of Jackson, Mississippi, has left a community in disbelief. The families are angry they were never notified of the deaths and how their loved ones are buried in graves marked by just a metal rod and a number.

I'm surprised this has been up for 12 hours and we haven't heard about how this is, essentially, just desserts.
We have seen numerous recent stories about families not being informed of deaths and burials in the area. I am starting to get a really bad feeling that some seriously bad shit has been going on down there involving their police department.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ma ... rcna125540

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/calls- ... 023-11-02/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

US Senate rejects measure to force human rights report on (redacted)

https://www.reuters.com/world/senate-re ... 024-01-17/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s going on at Boeing?

Presented by Norfolk Southern

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/we ... g-00138234
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A Wichita tie in for sure with Spirit too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Toxic pesticides in Cheerios

Dangit
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Newsroom at 'New York Times' fractures over story on Hamas attacks

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/06/12361306 ... -palestine
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NPR had an interesting guest on the way to work today. Wish I caught the name.

He cited some study that of all the op-eds published in NYT and WaPo about the Israel/Palestine thread since 1970, like 98% of those articles have been written from an Israeli perspective.

From that, the dood suggests one reason westerners are so quick to dehumanize Palestinians is cuz Palestinians have never had a voice in the west.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:03 pm NPR had an interesting guest on the way to work today. Wish I caught the name.

He cited some study that of all the op-eds published in NYT and WaPo about the Israel/Palestine thread since 1970, like 98% of those articles have been written from an Israeli perspective.

From that, the dood suggests one reason westerners are so quick to dehumanize Palestinians is cuz Palestinians have never had a voice in the west.
Did the article happen to deal with how Palestinians don't seem to have a voice in the Middle East either unless or until they foment a calamity? It's pretty easy to get the impression that their main benefactor, Iran and its proxies, only care when there's a political or tactical military advantage to be exploited.

If I'm wrong, feel free to point it out. But that's my decades-long impression.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Let's be real. Ous doesn't actually know anything about Palestinians or how the vast majority of them feel.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think you’re right, Shirley.

He did mention something about how even other Middle East countries don’t always seem too keen about Palestinians. That was cut off as I got to work tho.

There was also a bit about how Israel has killed hundreds of journalists just in this most contemporaneous conflict, even tho they’re wearing their “PRESS” identifications and credentials. And apparently it’s hard to get a real objective idea of just what things are like cuz neither Israel nor Egypt will let journalists into Gaza.

He also made a point about how younger generations are increasingly sympathetic to Palestinians, far more so than older ones. He suggested the reason was social media, and how users have been seeing real time videos of Israelis gunning down entire families in aid lines, and of weeping mothers digging for their infant child’s remains in bombed-out neonatal wards of hospitals, and such.

He neglected to comment on how much of that social media content was prob just Putin propaganda, tho. He did make the point that social media’s role in changing opinions on Palestine is analogous to camera phone footage and viral live streams influencing opinions on policing in America and the BLM movement.

(For real remember when the police report said George Floyd suffered a “medical episode” and got away with it til some chick released the vid of Chauvin on his neck?! I digress)

As a whole, I’m kinda surprised how NPR’s coverage of foreign conflicts seems to get ever so slightly more and more neutral over time
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I represented Palestine in the Model Arab League years ago. Problem always was their sponsors and extortionist benefactors. The W Bush years were disasters.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wonder if Ousdahl has spent a lot of time in the middle east?

He seems to really have an inside perspective to the Israel and Palestinian dynamics.

I thought it was just Russian culture that he was an expert on! Impressive to be so in touch with cultures around the world, while simultaneously not knowing how to unclog a kitchen sink.

He complains about DH lack of growth...I'm sitting here wondering how after 2-3 years of a steep downward spiral Q still thinks everyone else is the problem.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/califo ... over-limit

I dunno what thread to dump this in, so I threw it here.

Anyway, California is a weird place, they try so hard to be the first to pass these dumb new laws and it never works. I hope this could never pass, what stupidness
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

what if I am involved in a car chase with one of them illegals that california loves so much. they are chasing me. how do i outrun them.

if you are going to have the illegals. you can’t have governors on the cars.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

let us know when you plan your trip to cali
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

California, land of restrictions. Its everybody coming for choices, everybody wants more governmental control. It's all bullshit, needs to stop.
Just Ledoux it