No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by ousdahl »

Retiring in your 60s is becoming an impossible goal. Is 75 the new 65?

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... e-65-to-75
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Everyone wants to keep working. Love the alarm. The workplace stress. Republucans know this. Mich knows it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

full retirement age is 67.

if you work hard. put a little thought in it. You can absolutely retire at 67. And enjoy whatever is next.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:56 pm full retirement age is 67.

if you work hard. put a little thought in it. You can absolutely retire at 67. And enjoy whatever is next.
I work pretty damn hard, I'm fairly certain I'm not going to be able to retire at 67...
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It must really pain Mich to brag about how set he is for retirement, while knowing that 12 of the last 16 years of his “wealth” was acquired with Dems in the Whitehouse.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NPR:

In an analysis of the more than 1,400 lethal injection executions conducted in the U.S. since 1982, researchers for the nonprofit Reprieve reported that states made significantly more mistakes during the executions of Black people than they did with prisoners of other races.

Reprieve, which advocates against the death penalty, found that nationwide, half of the botched lethal injection executions were of Black people, though only a third of the prisoners executed were Black. The pattern was starkest in some Southern states. In Arkansas, Oklahoma and Georgia, three quarters or more of the botched lethal injection executions were of Black people, though they accounted only for a third or less of executions in those states...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 am NPR:

In an analysis of the more than 1,400 lethal injection executions conducted in the U.S. since 1982, researchers for the nonprofit Reprieve reported that states made significantly more mistakes during the executions of Black people than they did with prisoners of other races.

Reprieve, which advocates against the death penalty, found that nationwide, half of the botched lethal injection executions were of Black people, though only a third of the prisoners executed were Black. The pattern was starkest in some Southern states. In Arkansas, Oklahoma and Georgia, three quarters or more of the botched lethal injection executions were of Black people, though they accounted only for a third or less of executions in those states...
I just truly don't understand what we're doing here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 am

continuing our history of promoting the wrong people into positions of power.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nor i

John Oliver did a recent bit on a major issue with lethal injections, specifically the acquisition and use of pentobarbital

might as well go back to hangings and firing squads
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 am

nor i

John Oliver did a recent bit on a major issue with lethal injections, specifically the acquisition and use of pentobarbital

One of the tired arguments the execution-horny will give you is the taxpayer cost of incarcerating people for decades.

Those people never seem to consider how enormously expensive (particularly in costs of litigation) it is to conduct executions in the first place!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

nor i

If it were my choice, give me the bullets.
Be really cool if I could get a running head start….like that scene in Apocalyto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am

nor i

Be really cool if I could get a running head start….like that scene in Apocalyto
10-gauge directly to my brain stem, please.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 am

nor i

One of the tired arguments the execution-horny will give you is the taxpayer cost of incarcerating people for decades.

Those people never seem to consider how enormously expensive (particularly in costs of litigation) it is to conduct executions in the first place!
And there are a number of layers of additional appeals that exist solely for death penalty cases not to mention a higher cost of housing for Death Row inmates than for general population inmates.

https://www.cato.org/blog/financial-imp ... t%20parole.

"In the 32 states in the Union where the death penalty is legal, as well as the federal government, the death penalty has grown to be much more expensive than life imprisonment, whether with or without parole. This greater cost comes from more expensive living conditions, a much more extensive legal process, and increasing resistance to the death penalty from chemical manufacturers overseas. These costs could even become higher, pending the outcome of various lawsuits against various states for their “botched” executions. Each death penalty inmate is approximately $1.12 million (2015 USD) more than a general population inmate."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Shogun has a very efficient method. it requires two people. they leave no doubt about it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nor i

reality shows are still all the rage…throw a bunch of em on a deserted island and have a literal survivor show. last one alive wins their freedom

that shit would bank
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm

nor i

reality shows are still all the rage…throw a bunch of em on a deserted island and have a literal survivor show. last one alive wins their freedom

that shit would bank
I mean, that's dark. But, it's not the worst idea I've heard. Lord of the Flies style.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

;)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm;)
think we could get funding for it? haha
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I would volunteer for an Overlander V Trump pilot
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 pm I would volunteer for an Overlander V Trump pilot
Serious question, does he make it one night in the woods? Even if you spot him temperatures not dropping below 50 degrees?