No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by Shirley »

Leave Ted Alone!

Hasn't Ted Cruz suffered enough? Trump called his wife ugly and accused his father of being involved in the assassination of President Kennedy and Ted chose to abandon both his wife and father and suck up to Trump anyway. Isn't that enough humiliation for one person? Leave Ted Alone!

https://twitter.com/naomimonster1/statu ... Etfw">July

And, what does Ted have against children, anyway?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I cannot think of any two people more perfect for each other.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm https://twitter.com/zachsdorfman/status ... 7839489033

When candidate Donald Trump prepared to give a major energy speech during the 2016 campaign, one of his closest advisers provided a pre-speech review to senior United Arab Emirates officials, an unorthodox move that caught the attention of federal investigators, according to emails and text messages uncovered by a House Oversight Committee investigation.

“The Trump Administration has virtually obliterated the lines normally separating government policy making from corporate and foreign interests,” according to a report overseen by House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democrat, who commissioned the investigation into back channel business dealings between certain Trump aides and Middle Eastern countries.

Two weeks before Trump was scheduled to deliver the energy policy speech, Thomas Barrack, a California investment tycoon with extensive contacts in the Middle East and who later helped oversee Trump’s inauguration, provided a former business associate inside the United Arab Emirates with an advance copy of the candidate’s planned remarks. The associate then told Barrack he shared them with UAE and Saudi government officials, after which Barrack arranged for language requested by the UAE officials to be added to the speech with the help of Trump’s campaign manager at the time, Paul Manafort.

“This is the most likely final version of the speech. It has the language you want,” Manafort confirmed in an email to Barrack on the day of the speech
, according to the report. Manafort has since gone to prison for financial crimes unrelated to his campaign work.

The White House declined to comment.

[...]
quite the puppeteers
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This is gonna sound inevitably snarky, but if I could sincerely ask, can you imagine the OuTrAgE if hillary’s campaign had so many foreign contacts?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:47 am This is gonna sound inevitably snarky, but if I could sincerely ask, can you imagine the OuTrAgE if hillary’s campaign had so many foreign contacts?
https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/sta ... Etfw">July
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:47 am This is gonna sound inevitably snarky, but if I could sincerely ask, can you imagine the OuTrAgE if hillary’s campaign had so many foreign contacts?
That is interesting, since she and Bill never accepted money from countries with questionable morals. (Or were you being facetious?)😀
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:08 pm
That is interesting, since she and Bill never accepted money from countries with questionable morals. (Or were you being facetious?)😀
Fantastic. My lord.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do a little research on the Maryland 7th. It's not all in the Wire.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I used to work in the 7th--was surprised to hear what a terrible place it is!
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Everyone knows that pensions, like tax cuts, "pay for themselves":

Funds for Military Pensions, Afghan Security Forces Among Those Being Diverted for Border Wall
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Where have you gone, Barack Obama
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe back to Kenya?

But for real it’s crazy how many people think of him as so unpresidential...sigh.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Spent about 10-15 minutes with Obama a few weeks ago. Was going to mention to him how thoroughly disgusted I am with Donald Trump as a person. Made me upset because I felt Donald Trump was "winning" vs. me because he was on my brain while meeting with Obama.
Side note.... Obama met with me - a male Jew, another male Jew, a female Korean American, a female Hispanic American, and a female Iranian American. Treated all of us with equal respect. Took the time to talk with us and listen to us. Genuinely seemed interested as he himself initiated the conversation/s - asking US about ourselves - and never made it about him. Was kind and gracious.
Can't help but wonder what Trump would have said, thought, done if he had met with us.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 am Spent about 10-15 minutes with Obama a few weeks ago. Was going to mention to him how thoroughly disgusted I am with Donald Trump as a person. Made me upset because I felt Donald Trump was "winning" vs. me because he was on my brain while meeting with Obama.
Side note.... Obama met with me - a male Jew, another male Jew, a female Korean American, a female Hispanic American, and a female Iranian American. Treated all of us with equal respect. Took the time to talk with us and listen to us. Genuinely seemed interested as he himself initiated the conversation/s - asking US about ourselves - and never made it about him. Was kind and gracious.
Can't help but wonder what Trump would have said, thought, done if he had met with us.
Did you get around to asking him if he'd buy any of your old jerseys or hats?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 am Spent about 10-15 minutes with Obama a few weeks ago. Was going to mention to him how thoroughly disgusted I am with Donald Trump as a person. Made me upset because I felt Donald Trump was "winning" vs. me because he was on my brain while meeting with Obama.
You're always running into famous people.
Either you're incredibly lucky or a terrible liar.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 am
Did you get around to asking him if he'd buy any of your old jerseys or hats?
No but now that you mentioned that, I'm a little ticked off that idiot me didn't bring in a 2016 World Series baseball for him to autograph.