No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
Deleted User 266

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by Deleted User 266 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am
Paul1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 am Spent about 10-15 minutes with Obama a few weeks ago. Was going to mention to him how thoroughly disgusted I am with Donald Trump as a person. Made me upset because I felt Donald Trump was "winning" vs. me because he was on my brain while meeting with Obama.
Side note.... Obama met with me - a male Jew, another male Jew, a female Korean American, a female Hispanic American, and a female Iranian American. Treated all of us with equal respect. Took the time to talk with us and listen to us. Genuinely seemed interested as he himself initiated the conversation/s - asking US about ourselves - and never made it about him. Was kind and gracious.
Can't help but wonder what Trump would have said, thought, done if he had met with us.
You're always running into famous people.
Either you're incredibly lucky or a terrible liar.
Didn't run in to Obama. He came to my office, as he has done in the past. Have seen/met with him numerous times. First time I met him was at the CBOE before he was President. I have helped coordinate events in which he has spoken at.
In terms of all the "famous people" I have "run in to" - sometimes I consider myself to be incredibly lucky - and rarely but at times I feel cursed.
My job, friends, and family enable me to meet a lot of "famous" people.
To the best of my recollection - I have never lied about anyone whom (whom or who?) I have met.

I know - my contribution to this thread does fall under the No One Cares subject line.

Please carry on folks.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I believe you, Gutter.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 am http://boards.kusports.com/ubbthreads.p ... 597&page=1

Read the 2nd post here.
LOL! I thought I have seen that elsewhere too.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sounds more like an AOC plan to me. Abolish cows, ground airplanes, stop pooping.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Plus, that would be giving Trump credit for even considering the climate in any capacity.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm Sounds more like an AOC plan to me. Abolish cows, ground airplanes, stop pooping.
The brown new deal.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well to be fair, I think my pooping would at least be more regular if I consumed a little less brisket.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but for real, I struggle with the whole livestock thing.

I've dated vegetarians, which pretty much made me a vegetarian, but other than that I've always loved to eat meat. I don't get any PETA feels for any livestock, though I do have concerns over the conditions in which some animals are raised. But most of all, I worry about its sustainability, or lack thereof.

A while back I came across something - verified sources! - that suggested the protein of the future is insects. Much more efficient to raise and harvest, and much of the rest of the world already eats them anyway.

it still sounds weird to eat a bug. but if someone were to, say, smoke em and cover em in some night of the living bbq sauce, I'd at least give it a try.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I've had ants and grasshoppers. Not awful. Not something I want to make the future of my everyday lunch.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There are plenty of good options. I'll eat bugs for protein when I survive a plane crash in the wilderness and need the protein to stay alive.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Not sure I could get past the whole multiple legs thing.

Isn't there some statistic, verified I hope, that says an average person eats x number of bugs (unintentionally) in a lifetime?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I seem to eat one every time I cut the grass.
This time of year, cicadas are popular this time of year.
Grasshopper tacos are very popular in Mexico.

I'm generally not squeamish but I'm not sure I could do eat a plate of bugs.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I couldn't imagine eating bugs, grubs, worms, etc., either, but then you do the 14-day amateur/fan challenge on Naked and Afraid, and all those pre-conceived ideas go out the window.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 am I couldn't imagine eating bugs, grubs, worms, etc., either, but then you do the 14-day amateur/fan challenge on Naked and Afraid, and all those pre-conceived ideas go out the window.
I would try that if they put me somewhere without mosquitos. Getting eaten alive all night would be a hard pass for me. Screw that noise. Mosquitos freaking love me.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 am
Feral wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 am I couldn't imagine eating bugs, grubs, worms, etc., either, but then you do the 14-day amateur/fan challenge on Naked and Afraid, and all those pre-conceived ideas go out the window.
I would try that if they put me somewhere without mosquitos. Getting eaten alive all night would be a hard pass for me. Screw that noise. Mosquitos freaking love me.
^^^

When they show the bug bites people get in only the first couple of days, I wonder how much they must be paying those people to do that. I'm not sure they could pay me enough.
Anand Giridharadas
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Public Service Announcement: When cleaning up dog poop in your yard, make sure you're not breathing out of your mouth.

Thank you, and back to our original programming.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am Public Service Announcement: When cleaning up dog poop in your yard, make sure you're not breathing out of your mouth.

^^^

#protip
Anand Giridharadas
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am
chiknbut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am Public Service Announcement: When cleaning up dog poop in your yard, make sure you're not breathing out of your mouth.

^^^

#protip
Thankfully a lesson not learned by example.