Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Overlander »

4 and a half years ago, some fucking moron warned us of an impending housing market crash within a few months.

Those were the gold old days of KCrim...
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:28 pm 4 and a half years ago, some fucking moron warned us of an impending housing market crash within a few months.

Those were the gold old days of KCrim...
LOL

Mighta been the same fucking moron...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

No. That was lobster. Wait!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It may not be a crash, but it is at the least a fender bender.
DENVER (KDVR) — The last traces of Russell Wilson are leaving the Mile High City, as the former Denver Broncos quarterback reportedly sold his home in Cherry Hills for a few million dollars less than what it was purchased for.

Almost two years ago, Wilson and his wife Ciara purchased a $25 million mansion at 10 Cherry Hills Park Drive when the quarterback joined the Broncos.

Two unsuccessful seasons later, Wilson was released from the team in early March. Soon after, he announced that he signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers for next season.

In return, the Broncos spread Wilson’s $85 million dead cap as a $53 million record hit in 2024 and $32 million in 2025 – but the Broncos weren’t the only ones who lost money on Wilson’s departure.

Broncos decide to take record $53M hit on Russell Wilson

Denver Business Journal reported that Wilson’s home sold for less than the record-setting purchase price, and in turn, he lost $3.5 million.
Damn, it has been hard to lose money in the Denver market in the last few years. But everything Russell has touched in Denver does have a taint about it now.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s just so foreign, to so many…a $3.5 million loss
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This should help ease the housing crisis in Colorado a bit. There will probably be an apartment over the garage for caretakers in many of these places.
A new private ski resort may be coming to Colorado, set to be developed by the company behind the exclusive 'Yellowstone Club' in Montana.

According to Dylan Anderson of The Yampa Valley Bugle, developer Discovery Land Company, LLC has submitted paperwork "seeking confirmation that the district has available water in Stagecoach Reservoir that could be used for snowmaking and irrigation of a golf course," also noting the future submission of a plan for 697 homes and "extensive recreational amenities." This follows a "very early" plan submitted last year for the development of a private ski area with five lifts and a golf course on Stagecoach Reservoir.

Based on the brief description provided, the development would presumably be similar to that of Yellowstone Club, but in the vicinity of Colorado's defunct Stagecoach Ski Area, which closed in 1974.

If the plan comes to fruition and is indeed similar to Yellowstone Club, those interested in hitting the slopes at the ski area can expect a hefty price tag. Joining Yellowstone Club reportedly requires property ownership at the destination, as well as an initial cost of $300,000 and annual fees of $37,500.

Stagecoach Reservoir is located about 30 minutes south of Steamboat Springs, with Steamboat Resort known far and wide for its 'champagne powder' and tree skiing.

While Stagecoach Ski Area had a short life – open from 1972 to 1974, it was beloved by those who were able to visit its slopes. Spanning at least 900 acres of skiable terrain, the spot had 2,200 vertical feet of rise. And as prior parties who were interested in redeveloping it noted, there's probably room for expansion into nearby areas.
If only these suckers knew what sQuirt knows about real estate.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:26 pm that’s just so foreign, to so many…a $3.5 million loss
Russell is probably licking his wounds as we speak, but he will be OK.

He wanted to buy the most expensive house in Denver and he did. Probably be his most long lasting record in Denver.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real tho how much for that apartment over the garage?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The garage apartments are 250 sf and will rent for $1000/month. You are required to clean the hot tub twice a week whether it needs it or not and pick up dog/coyote/mountain lion shit every morning off the lawn.

Oh, and you can't park in the driveway or the garage but there is a shuttle bus service from the public parking lot near the ski lifts to the neighborhood twice daily.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:01 am The garage apartments are 250 sf and will rent for $1000/month. You are required to clean the hot tub twice a week whether it needs it or not and pick up dog/coyote/mountain lion shit every morning off the lawn.

Oh, and you can't park in the driveway or the garage but there is a shuttle bus service from the public parking lot near the ski lifts to the neighborhood twice daily.
does it come with free access to trap the coyotes and mountain lions shitting in the area?
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This is Colorado, you don't get to harass the wildlife just cuz they shit on yer lawn. Your can have your help scrape it up every day. Your can feed them probiotic vegan treats that will cause their poop to break down faster in yer grass. But that's it, if you wants to live in the wilderness you gots to put up with some wildlife.

And don't try to pet the moose.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:33 pm This is Colorado, you don't get to harass the wildlife just cuz they shit on yer lawn. Your can have your help scrape it up every day. Your can feed them probiotic vegan treats that will cause their poop to break down faster in yer grass. But that's it, if you wants to live in the wilderness you gots to put up with some wildlife.

And don't try to pet the moose.
I'm gonna trap'em
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Go figure just turned into my driveway and…this…

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Did ya trap'em? I hear they are good eatin.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Nope, never trap'emmed.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:20 pm Go figure just turned into my driveway and…this…

Why does this feel like the wildlife equivalent of Gutters old "girlfriend" pics?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:13 pm Did ya trap'em? I hear they are good eatin.
best meat ive ever had standing right therer
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:40 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:20 pm Go figure just turned into my driveway and…this…

Why does this feel like the wildlife equivalent of Gutters old "girlfriend" pics?
it's looks like pretty damn nice spot considering all the bitching and moaning I've heard about it.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

some people’s kids…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's his landlord
Defense. Rebounds.