Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Deleted User 62 »

lobster wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:27 pm Let's just say, I am well connected to people in the know, and they told me about the coming rate cut in July way back in the early spring. We will be seeing another rate cut of 25 or 50 points in September. I'll be bumping this thread after the crash happens and laugh at all you who get your info from the news.
No fucking way rates drop another 50 points.
If they do, we are totally fucked.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

My sources say there's a higher chance it will be 25, so we'll see.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

lobster wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:00 pm My sources say there's a higher chance it will be 25, so we'll see.
JFC
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Moving Sux. Big time. 3 - 27 ft truckloads of crap, most of which I do not need. Some of it I do. I'm here with a laptop and some beers and that's about it. Where's Illy to entertain me?
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Arrrrrg. Metronet just came by offering a pretty good deal on gigabit fiber. Just before we move.
Home alone with nuttin to do, remembered I have spectrum and I can watch it online. I go to set that up, can't log in. Customer service says, "Yeah, move orders mess that up. It will work fine once the move is complete".
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 pm Moving Sux. Big time. 3 - 27 ft truckloads of crap, most of which I do not need. Some of it I do. I'm here with a laptop and some beers and that's about it. Where's Illy to entertain me?
Moving does suck. My heart goes out to you. But, at least you'll sleep well tonight.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 pm Moving Sux. Big time. 3 - 27 ft truckloads of crap, most of which I do not need. Some of it I do. I'm here with a laptop and some beers and that's about it. Where's Illy to entertain me?
My wife and I have been in our house now for 17 years. It's by far the longest I have been anywhere. I think I had 20 or more addresses in the 20 years prior to this. But the good part is that I pack a mean moving truck.

Good luck to you; is this somewhere you plan to be for a while?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm
My wife and I have been in our house now for 17 years. It's by far the longest I have been anywhere. I think I had 20 or more addresses in the 20 years prior to this. But the good part is that I pack a mean moving truck.

Good luck to you; is this somewhere you plan to be for a while?
Thanks, and no. We are planning on moving to Minneapolis to be close to my daughter and grand daughter in a couple of years. Once the youngest completes college.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Two closings today. We sold our house at 10 am. Took 20 minutes. Most of which were pleasantries.

Buying the new house was a complete clusterfuck. Loan company failed big time. Called a notary last minute to do the sale. The seller's agent (SA) was on vacation and had her assistant (ASSt) fill in. Seller is an 80 year old lady who can't hear, she broke one of her hearing aids and refuses to wear the other for fear she'll break it too. She is also mean as hell, for a sweet ole lady from Kentucky. She loves to talk but wouldn't listen even if she could hear. Loan company will not allow a check at the signing. They will only wire a check once they receive the paperwork (160 pages of it, uploaded to their home office in Rhode Island). Mean Ole Lady from Kentucky (MOLfK) ain't havin none of it. She wants a check in her hand before she signs anything. ASSt, starts getting pissed and blaming all of it on Mrs 99 (newly licensed realator). ASSt wants a lawyer present. Notary says it's not necessary. ASSt continues to blame Mrs 99. At this point I interject that it is NOT Mrs 99's fault, she is learning all of this at the same time everyone else is and ASSt needs to cool her jets. MOLfK refuses a wire transfer, stating that her bank will not accept one and she ain't gonna do it.

Notary says he has to leave to do another closing and we can pick this up on Monday. Meanwhile, we're homeless. All of our stuff is in storage, and we have movers scheduled for 9am Sat. I call to cancel that. We're trying to figure out WTF we're going to live. ASSt calls a lawyer down from upstairs. This lawyer is ALLSOME, (AllSomeLawyer). ASL is from Kentucky and knows just how to talk to MOLfK, in MOLfK's language. She convinces MOLfK that wire transfer really does work, and that her bank will accept it. MOLfK agrees to go forward. I call notary, he agrees to come back and seal the deal. (Major kudos to Notary). We sign 150 pages of documents.

Now Notary and I have to scan and upload the documents to the worthless title company (WTC). This goes relatively smoothly, except the scanner hates one page. We get that worked out and the scanner emails the pdf's to Notary's email address. Notary (he's an old dude) can't figure out how to save and upload the files. I offer to help. He jacks around for 20 minutes and say that he will have to do it from his office at home. I politely suggest that he get the F outta my way and let me do this. Five minutes later, everyone is best buddies. This takes 4.5 hours.

I got a deal on a decent hotel where Mrs 99 and youngest kid are staying. I bring cleaning supplies to the new house and set up internet. MOLfK has shut off the AC and it's 90 freakin degrees in here. I crank the AC past 11 to ridiculous and head out for dinner (Red State BBQ, not bad, but not KC good).

Four beers later, I write this rant.

Good night all.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Oh, I need to add, MOLfK also owns the house across the street where she now lives.
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Sleep tight.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Another coupla beerzos and some shuteye and I'm ready to help load trucks tomorrow. Forecast is 95F and humid.
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

:)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I can't wait until a lawyer I once slept with, who knows you as "the cook from Kansas City living in Lexington", and has done hundreds of closings, wakes up so I can read your closing story out loud.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Come on 99, are you busy, or something?

We want an update.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Spent yesterday unpacking. Exhausted. Freakin hot here. Waiting to see if the wire transfer went through.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 am Spent yesterday unpacking. Exhausted. Freakin hot here. Waiting to see if the wire transfer went through.
Sorry, but I spoke to a MOLfK, and her bank will not accept a wire transfer.
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Well, we got the 25 point rate cut. Now, the only question is how long it will take for them to go back to 0. Probably not until 2020.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

"25 point" rate cut? Do you mean 25 BASIS point/s rate cut? I assume you know the difference.
Do you?
"Back to 0"? WHAT!?!?
Ummmmm........
Please forgive my ignorance. I can't recall the last time when we were at "0". Can/will you please tell me when that was?
If we were to "go back to 0" before 2020 (and/or during 2020) then something is going to have to be really fucked up for that to happen.
What could possibly be the cause of our needing to "go back to 0"?
Will you please consult your "sources" and get back to us? Thanks in advance.