Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 pm Well, we got the 25 point rate cut. Now, the only question is how long it will take for them to go back to 0. Probably not until 2020.
Pretty weak shit right there.

I guess it doesn't matter that the Winter time, when you expect this supposed housing crisis, also happens to be the worst time the buy/sell a house?

The real indicator is in February and March. But I'm sure you already knew that, right Lobby?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Update:

We've almost got it comfy. Mrs 99 scheduled painter and appliance delivery today (yeah, that was a mistake). Appliance guys get here and they're not friendly at all. They inform us that installing the microwave is not on their workorder and refuse to do it until we show them our reciept. They move out the old fridge, measure and say the new one ain't going in there. It's a half inch too tall. Ok, we'll send that back and sub out a shorter one.
They rip the microwave out of the wall and trash the drywall behind it and bend the bracket into a useless pretzel. They unpack the dishwasher and it looks like someone backed over it in their suburban. We call The Home Depot to figure out what's gonna happen, APGs are saying they can't stay.
Mrs 99 calls THD to see what we can do. They say that we can get a new fridge but they will not honor the sale price. Mrs 99 (her name is not Karen but she's starting to sound like one) wants to talk to their manager. They say please hold. We tell them that their installers are ready to leave and we need someone quick or they can load it all back up. No manager can be found. Load it up. Re-hookup the fridge and stove. Can't put the u-wave back as the bracket is torn to hell.

Meanwhile, painters are here doing their thing.
I'm trying to work from home and 3 people are pinging me asking me to come to different meetings or their office while I'm trying to put in new stuff that needed to go in on Monday.

Mrs 99 just asked me what I want to do tonight assuming that we would go look for other appliances somewhere other than THD. My simple, one word answer was, "drink".
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Factory Direct is a good place to look for those type of appliances. Build.com, too.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Need to add, when they were moving out the old fridge, they disconnected the hose. Without turning off any water. They said, "oh, you might need a towel for that."

THD wants to know why we're not interested in replacements.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Jesus 99, that really sucks, especially on top of all the other problems that occur with moving.

US new home sales increase more than expected in August

Sales of new U.S. single-family homes rebounded more than expected in August, the latest sign that the struggling housing market was starting to get a lift from lower mortgage rates...

The housing market, the most sensitive sector to interest rates, has perked up in recent months in response to a sharp drop in mortgage rates. Reports last week showed housing starts and building permits jumped to a more than 12-year high in August, and home resales rose to the highest level in 17 months.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Fed rates are going back to zero, it's only a question of when.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:24 pm Need to add, when they were moving out the old fridge, they disconnected the hose. Without turning off any water. They said, "oh, you might need a towel for that."

THD wants to know why we're not interested in replacements.
We tried to buy a new fridge from both Home Depot and Lowe's. We have a landing on our outside stairs and the delivery guys said the new one, a French door type, couldn't be moved up the second part of the stairs, it was too heavy. We already have a French door model, so it actually can be moved and my stepdaughter and I were there when they brought the new one and we could have moved it--wasn't that heavy. We went back to Lowe's, where the appliance sales guy said he kept telling management that the delivery contractors were losing them business.

Good news is that the refrigerator didn't need replacing and has lasted another 4 years.

Sorry for all your hassles, 99.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

Deleted User 104

Feds will cut rates again next week. We're eventually going back to 0.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

If anyone is curious. This source states 32% of Americans did not pay their mortgage in July. Once the stimulus and forbearance ends, this will be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zbZvXogoM
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

do you think it could happen this winter, or sooner?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:35 pm do you think it could happen this winter, or sooner?
Maybe this winter, but probably not. Most likely, 2021 Summer or Fall.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

What about Zorp?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Keep picking timeframes, ensuring that you told us so....
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Jeep, you know better.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:32 pm If anyone is curious. This source states 32% of Americans did not pay their mortgage in July. Once the stimulus and forbearance ends, this will be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zbZvXogoM
This source states that they missed their housing payment, not their mortgage. Housing payments includes rent on rentals. You couldn't even get the very first sentence right.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And then again maybe some didn't miss their payments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/person ... e-n1233635
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:29 am And then again maybe some didn't miss their payments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/person ... e-n1233635
I do not understand how anyone still has accounts with Wells Fargo. How many more repulsive cases of them screwing their customers need to come out?