🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Hudy gone...

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hmm, has to be personal, right?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And, I'll preemptively say that, yes it's a loss, but it's not a "sky-is-falling" departure.

She is one of the best, but KU fans have long held her out to be the only person that has any capability for the position.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Supposedly some re-structuring in the department? Not sure.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I've seen some speculation about a connection there.

I sure hope not, as losing Hudy is not nearly as concerning as what that might say about how Bill Self feels in the new athletic department.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Whether coincidental or not, Hudy’s departure comes three months after Kansas Athletics announced that it would change the structure of its sports medicine staff, launching a new model where those roughly 40 employees are now employed by Kansas Team Health: a collaboration between the athletic department, The University of Kansas Health System and LMH Health in Lawrence.”

Not great.
She had a strong connection with the players.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Strong connection with the coaching staff too.
Has to be some meat to this. I am not convinced it's all about cash.
She really wants to go work for a guy who is on the hot seat?
Other thing I find strange is the former S&C coach at UT just left to go back to VCU. Why?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It’s not good to lose her. But it’s very possible that she just wants to work at a program like a Texas (or Michigan or Stanford or UCLA) that has a MUCH more developed (and budgeted) Olympic sports program.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

This is a huge loss for us.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

while a huge loss, i gotta think that the staff has learned her methods, and that unless there is a complete overhaul in S&C leadership there won’t be much tangible change in the in-court product

hopefully
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not great, that's for sure. Not insurmountable, but not great. Timing kinda sucks too, replacement better hit the ground running.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 266

punkrockhawk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 am This is a huge loss for us.
Ok, I'll go ahead and play three roles here.

1) Devil's advocate.
Huge loss for us? How so? You know who she is going to be replaced with is going to be worse for the program than she was? What was her true worth?

2) God's advocate.
Has KU Basketball had more success under a different S&C "coach"?
Has KU Basketball ever had a better mind that implemented more knowledge and expertise in terms of S&C?
Has KU Basketball ever had a more liked and respected S&C "coach"?

3) Gutter
It may be a huge loss, it may be a huge gain, it may be something in-between. I am going to go with the later. Stay tuned.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

At least you put yourself below Satan and God
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 am It’s not good to lose her. But it’s very possible that she just wants to work at a program like a Texas (or Michigan or Stanford or UCLA) that has a MUCH more developed (and budgeted) Olympic sports program.
This is as good a theory as any I've seen.
Deleted User 266

KU76erfan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 am At least you put yourself below Satan and God
That was a mistake. I should always be in-between God and Satan.

Back to Hudy......

Anyone else find it somewhat interesting that she hasn't posted on and/or changed her social media accounts to reflect her new gig?
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 am
KU76erfan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 am At least you put yourself below Satan and God
That was a mistake. I should always be in-between God and Satan.
Purgagutter?
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 am It’s not good to lose her. But it’s very possible that she just wants to work at a program like a Texas (or Michigan or Stanford or UCLA) that has a MUCH more developed (and budgeted) Olympic sports program.
Well we may never know but the athletic department medical hierarchy change just happened and the medical staff seemed none too happy about it. Our 13 year director of sports medicine also just left.

The change, without a doubt, took autonomy away from people like Hudy, but the timing could also just be a coincidence.
Deleted User 266

chiknbut wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 am
I think so too. Makes the most sense.
That being said, I have a hard time understanding why Roose is leaving Texas to go back to VCU.
What does VCU offer that Texas doesn't?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Did Roose come with Shaka or something? There are such considerations as family, schools, churches, social lives, etc.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Shaka has to be dead man walking with Beard being a possession away from winning a title.