AOC

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: AOC

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:38 am Mixed reactions to her "statement" it appears.
What reactions are mixed?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:15 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:38 am Mixed reactions to her "statement" it appears.
You haven't been watching the news or reading about the reactions?

Even CNN was somewhat critical this morning when they briefly talked about it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 am

Is there anything that wouldn't get "mixed reactions" in this day and age? Judging anything by whether or not someone anywhere is critical of it seems like a waste of time.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 am

Is there anything that wouldn't get "mixed reactions" in this day and age? Judging anything by whether or not someone anywhere is critical of it seems like a waste of time.
You'll argue about anything. Slow day at the office?

When her own party/constituents are critical of it that is a problem for her.

Of course foxnews would be critical of anything, that's not the point.

Other than using a black owned designer and giving her some spotlight, very little good (for AOC or for furthering the discussion on tax reform) was accomplished. Although not many people can afford the designers $700 shoes and $1,500 bags.

She constantly vilifies the rich publicly. Then goes and spends a ridiculous amount of money to attend an expensive event, getting dressed/hair&makeup done at expensive hotel, while rubbing elbows with all the rich famous people she pretends to hate.

I personally don't care one way or the other. She wanted to grab some spotlight and go viral and she accomplished her goal. But she's getting rich and loving every minute of it, which sort of goes against a lot of her talking points.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If that bag cost $1500, then I don’t even wanna know how much the chicken sammich inside it is worth.

For real though, what if bankrupting the country prompted as much outrage as a statement to tax the rich?

how is Merica ever gonna get out of the tens of trillions in national debt we’ve accumulated if we don’t raise taxes on the rich?

Too bad her dress didn’t display some message about kicking poor folks off food stamps.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:30 am

Fucking hilarious coming from you.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:30 am

Fucking hilarious coming from you.
I know right?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 am If that bag cost $1500, then I don’t even wanna know how much the chicken sammich inside it is worth.

For real though, what if bankrupting the country prompted as much outrage as a statement to tax the rich?

how is Merica ever gonna get out of the tens of trillions in national debt we’ve accumulated if we don’t raise taxes on the rich?

Too bad her dress didn’t display some message about kicking poor folks off food stamps.
I don't think there is any outraging occuring from her side (in this instance) about the idea of taxing the rich more....the outrage from the left towards her over this appears to be more about that 1) this isn't accomplishing the goal of that message in any way, it's just mostly attention on herself and 2) the optics of constantly complaining about the rich while she spends more on clothes/makeup/hair/ and a place to get ready than many of her supporters make in a year (or 2).

At least that's what I am hearing/seeing on TV.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There shouldn't be any outrage about it from anyone. It's a fundraiser where every year, a few people choose to make various political statements on their clothing selections. She is famous so a picture of her at an event, with or without something printed on he dress, is going to be viewed by some as ""mostly attention on herself". It's as inevitable as the sun rise.

I doubt she had to buy the bags/shoes/dress. Most famous people just get to use that stuff for free. I have no idea if she had to pay for a "place to get ready", wouldn't the designer whose clothes she is wearing deal with that? I have no idea.

Honestly, a rich person saying the rich should be taxed more is more impactful than a poor person saying the rich should be taxed more. I'd rather hear the opinions of those negatively impacted rather than those not impacted at all.

This is just a filler story; it means nothing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 am If that bag cost $1500, then I don’t even wanna know how much the chicken sammich inside it is worth.

I don't think there is any outraging occuring from her side (in this instance) about the idea of taxing the rich more....the outrage from the left towards her over this appears to be more about that 1) this isn't accomplishing the goal of that message in any way, it's just mostly attention on herself and 2) the optics of constantly complaining about the rich while she spends more on clothes/makeup/hair/ and a place to get ready than many of her supporters make in a year (or 2).

At least that's what I am hearing/seeing on TV.
I can’t remember exactly which logical fallacies those may be, but both (1) and (2) come across as meant to distract from her message.

Case in point!

Neither of those points you made do anything to address my questions
Deleted User 863

Your questions are a bit over the top imo. So i didn't see much reason to attempt to answer them when i know you will probably just respond with more very general / very broad statements that can't really be answered.

I think the country is far more concerned about our financial issues than the statement on her dress fwiw.

America isn't going to get out of debt without raising taxes AND cutting spending....but that is based on the assumption we actually want to get out of debt, which i am not sure is actually true when push comes to shove.

And my points weren't meant to distract from her message. They're not even necessarily "my points", but that is exactly what is being said and happening. AOC may be becoming exactly what she originally said she was against.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i like that she is using her sex. she has a great figure. and ain't afraid to show it off.

you go girl.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes!

POTD mich

I was trying to think of some joke about how any message that brings more attention to a foxy Latina’s back side is a good thing
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the backside of her dress is sending me messages. and they ain't political in nature.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you wanna do what to the rich?!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

What is she even talking about?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

judging by the winking smiley face, I think the young lady is just flirting with Mich
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

she is at her best when she is being seen and not heard.