Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: AOC

Post by ousdahl »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:08 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:38 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:22 pm

It doesn’t make them pieces of shit.
Nor does it mean that they should have to work 3 jobs just to stay out of squalor
I didnt say they were pieces of shit...I certainly don't believe that. But, let's not pretend that all jobs are skilled positions.
What jobs require no skill
Corner office positions
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:34 am
Cascadia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:08 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:38 pm

I didnt say they were pieces of shit...I certainly don't believe that. But, let's not pretend that all jobs are skilled positions.
What jobs require no skill
Corner office positions
lol, nailed it!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real though, there’s no such thing as low skilled labor. It’s just a myth used to justify poverty wages and exploitative practices.

If you don’t believe that, try working a shift at Dunkin’ then get back to us.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Part of the qualifications for the corner office gigs should be experience in food service, manual labor, etc.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:54 am Part of the qualifications for the corner office gigs should be experience in food service, manual labor, etc.
🤣🤣🤣

But being honest, i think everyone should work food service and manual labor jobs at least once in their life. I worked at a restaurant in HS as a host and in the kitchen. Provided me with a lifetime of perspective on how you should treat the workers at restaurants.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:49 am For real though, there’s no such thing as low skilled labor. It’s just a myth used to justify poverty wages and exploitative practices.

If you don’t believe that, try working a shift at Dunkin’ then get back to us.
That's fine. Doesn't have to be called low skill. But some jobs are way more important than others. All jobs shouldn't pay the same.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

Front line essential worker jobs are way more important than the corner office gigs.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:00 am Yeah.

Front line essential worker jobs are way more important than the corner office gigs.
LOL okay, sure many are.

But my guess is many "corner office" jobs (whatever that means) are more important than working at Dunkin Donuts or checking people out at TJMaxx.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If a corner office desk jockey decides to take off to his vacation home on a whim for the rest of the week, everything else is business as usual.

If a front line employee doesn’t show up for a shift, that donut shop ceases to be a donut shop.
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 am If a corner office desk jockey decides to take off to his vacation home on a whim for the rest of the week, everything else is business as usual.

If a front line employee doesn’t show up for a shift, that donut shop ceases to be a donut shop.
yeah, i’d say there’s a decent number of those corner office gigs that are the result of corporate bloat, and could easily be “restructured” out of existence without the business suffering at all
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

And anyone who’s worked the corporate bonehammer knows those cushy top of the totem pole gigs are less about qualifications and experience, and more about office politics and nepotism.
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Usually it means the other 3 donut shop employees have to work harder to cover his ass. Which means the asshole in the drive through is extra pissedbthat it took 90 seconds to get his bear claw.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:11 am Usually it means the other 3 donut shop employees have to work harder to cover his ass. Which means the asshole in the drive through is extra pissedbthat it took 90 seconds to get his bear claw.
And do those other 3 employees get additional compensation for picking up the slack?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:54 am Part of the qualifications for the corner office gigs should be experience in food service, manual labor, etc.
Sadly it usually only requires a silver spoon, playing lacrosse and raping a few people.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:12 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:11 am Usually it means the other 3 donut shop employees have to work harder to cover his ass. Which means the asshole in the drive through is extra pissedbthat it took 90 seconds to get his bear claw.
And do those other 3 employees get additional compensation for picking up the slack?
Well yes, it took longer to close up, so they got an extra 20 minutes on the clock for doing his closing tasks.

Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 am If a corner office desk jockey decides to take off to his vacation home on a whim for the rest of the week, everything else is business as usual.

LOL ok, i can see this will go nowhere.

Guess I have been lucky to work with executive leadership who are essential to our company operating and surviving on a daily basis. Sure, everyone takes vacations. Even our "front line" employees. I am sorry you haven't had the same experiences. Maybe you should find a better employer or find a way to work for yourself. I hate to say it, but you seem like someone who would be toxic in a work environment. Worrying about everyone else other than yourself, and constantly complaining about those above you on the food chain.

For as much time as you and i spend on here daily, sure doesn't seem like we are any more essential than those corner office people you like to vilify.
Deleted User 863

Some of you have convinced yourselves the world owes you something. Hint: it doesn't.

Someone will always have more.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:17 am Some of you have convinced yourselves the world owes you something. Hint: it doesn't.

Someone will always have more.
But. . . but . . . Not FAIR!!!
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm laughing at the people who don't have "corner offices" believing that many of those who do, didn't "earn" them.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:29 am I'm laughing at the people who don't have "corner offices" believing that many of those who do, didn't "earn" them.
This.

I am sure there are plenty who didn't and were just born into the right family, but i think that is more exception than rule.