Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
Deleted User 295

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm There is literally nothing in that article that the guys tweets where any "advisors" hoped that this would lead to voter suppression...and even funnier is that voter suppresion isn't even discussed in the article....which is what people are freaking out about in the comments of those tweets.

Typical outrage propaganda.
Have you ever witnessed what happens when the president comes to town? I have, on several occasions. President GW Bush visited a private residence in my neighborhood in Kansas City. To say that it disrupts the normal flow of traffic and commerce in the area, for hours, is a gross understatement.

Does it ever occur to you to resist the urge to comment on everything, whether you know anything about the subject, or not?

"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Voltaire
I have witnessed it. On multiple occasions.

His speech was hours (like 5 or 6 hours) before voting even started.

Has it ever occurred to you that when you're outraged and over the top about everything that it becomes hard to take your outrage seriously about anything?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm There is literally nothing in that article that the guys tweets where any "advisors" hoped that this would lead to voter suppression...and even funnier is that voter suppresion isn't even discussed in the article....which is what people are freaking out about in the comments of those tweets.

Typical outrage propaganda.
Have you ever witnessed what happens when the president comes to town? I have, on several occasions. President GW Bush visited a private residence in my neighborhood in Kansas City. To say that it disrupts the normal flow of traffic and commerce in the area, for hours, is a gross understatement.

Does it ever occur to you to resist the urge to comment on everything, whether you know anything about the subject, or not?

"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Voltaire
Actually, Illinois seems to have finally outed himself, not as the aggravating fool he pretends to be, but as a straight up Republican operative. Somehow he knew that the sentence he quotes had been removed from that article.

If one googles that sentence, there are numerous links that come up, all of which have that particular quote linked, but now missing. But, there is one link to one story in which it hasn't been removed.

https://www.kxan.com/news/trump-looks-t ... ire-rally/

Oh, and I screenshotted the Kxan story.

Speaking of being hard to ever take someone seriously.
Last edited by seahawk on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 295

Seagull forgot her crazy pills.

Now I'm a Republican operative!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote:...Obviously it also matters what part/s of town the President visits...
In addition to visiting Riss Lake while I lived there, prior to that, when I lived in Quality Hill in downtown KC and the president would fly into the Downtown KC airport, "disruption" is a mild way to put it, considering there are limited ways to cross the river, especially depending on the time of day.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

all you have to do is look at the timing and scheduling

it would seem obvious that “someone” purposefully scheduled the presidential visits to be disruptive to the democratic, and Democratic, processes

(not that the latter needed any help in this regard, smfh)
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Nice try, Illy, but you blew it trying to take on Feral just because he's highly respected member of the forum and well educated and way more intelligent than you and someone who brings news of the idiocies of the current administration.

But, you also blow it calling me Seagull, because it just reminds everyone that I'm a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk and you're not. There are those on the forum who also ordered pizzas from Campus Hideaway to delivery to Oliver Hall, who drank at the Stables and bought Western Civ notes at the Wheel, who walked by the old Pioneer statue and he didn't throw dirt over his shoulder, who feared she'd be thrown out of school at orientation for drinking at The Hawk, and watched the guys who owned the Maupin Mansion pull their Bentleys into the driveway each day and let their little schnauzers out to run by the gas lit lanterns. Maybe it's time to take your schtick to some other sports political forum where they aren't on to you.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:38 am
Gutter wrote:...Obviously it also matters what part/s of town the President visits...
In addition to visiting Riss Lake while I lived there, prior to that, when I lived in Quality Hill in downtown KC and the president would fly into the Downtown KC airport, "disruption" is a mild way to put it, considering there are limited ways to cross the river, especially depending on the time of day.
Same thing was true in New Orleans when the bridge across the Mississippi was pretty much shut down. And on our little beach road, George Bush drove through on his bus and didn't even stop and our main access out was cut off for some hours.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 295

seahawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 am Nice try, Illy, but you blew it trying to take on Feral just because he's highly respected member of the forum and well educated and way more intelligent than you and someone who brings news of the idiocies of the current administration.

But, you also blow it calling me Seagull, because it just reminds everyone that I'm a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk and you're not. There are those on the forum who also ordered pizzas from Campus Hideaway to delivery to Oliver Hall, who drank at the Stables and bought Western Civ notes at the Wheel, who walked by the old Pioneer statue and he didn't throw dirt over his shoulder, who feared she'd be thrown out of school at orientation for drinking at The Hawk, and watched the guys who owned the Maupin Mansion pull their Bentleys into the driveway each day and let their little schnauzers out to run by the gas lit lanterns. Maybe it's time to take your schtick to some other sports political forum where they aren't on to you.
"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

You're rightfully very proud of graduating from KU. I applaud you....but that piece of paper doesn't make you better than anyone else...it also doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm happy for you. My love for KU didn't start when I was the age to send out college applications. It started long before that, before I was even old enough to remember. So as a life long Jayhawk fan, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Speaking of weaponizing the government, Trump's penis extension, err.... the Justice Department, will be filing a sentencing recommendation adjustment in the case of Roger Stone, hours after Trump whined on Twitter that the 7-9 year sentence recommended by the Justice Department's own federal prosecutors, was too harsh.

Nothing to see here...
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:15 am Seagull forgot her crazy pills.

Feral is a russian bot. So it wouldn’t surprise me.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:15 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:15 am Seagull forgot her crazy pills.

Feral is a russian bot. So it wouldn’t surprise me.
Is this supposed to be a joke?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 am
seahawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 am Nice try, Illy, but you blew it trying to take on Feral just because he's highly respected member of the forum and well educated and way more intelligent than you and someone who brings news of the idiocies of the current administration.

"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

You're rightfully very proud of graduating from KU. I applaud you....but that piece of paper doesn't make you better than anyone else...it also doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm happy for you. My love for KU didn't start when I was the age to send out college applications. It started long before that, before I was even old enough to remember. So as a life long Jayhawk fan, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.
You have to wonder about the mental stability of someone who takes not only immense pride, but also bases her self-worth on the fact that she managed to be accepted into a public university that admits 93% of applicants. Not a noteworthy accomplishment by most standards; definitely not one to keep trying to rub in the faces of others.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:54 pm

"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

You have to wonder about the mental stability of someone who takes not only immense pride, but also bases her self-worth on the fact that she managed to be accepted into a public university that admits 93% of applicants. Not a noteworthy accomplishment by most standards; definitely not one to keep trying to rub in the faces of others.
Sweet insult to about 98 percent of this board, Psych. High five!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:39 pm Speaking of weaponizing the government, Trump's penis extension, err.... the Justice Department, will be filing a sentencing recommendation adjustment in the case of Roger Stone, hours after Trump whined on Twitter that the 7-9 year sentence recommended by the Justice Department's own federal prosecutors, was too harsh.

Nothing to see here...
And right on the heels of openly admitting that there's a pipeline for Rudy to funnel his bullshit straight to Barr.

I have come to the conclusion that character and principles are much more important in the next president than is policy. The executive branch someone will (would) be inheriting is simply too powerful and unaccountable. Unfucking this is going to require someone pretty selfless.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:54 pm
"Sports political forum"

😂😂😂😂

Sweet insult to about 98 percent of this board, Psych. High five!
Really? I dont remember anyone else rubbing that in the face of another fan? Particularly as a response that has nothing to do with anything related to the topic. So, if were gonna go there, most KU fans on a KU message board actually watch and care about the games.
Last edited by TDub on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Credit where credit is due:

Possible AG Barr
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:52 am
RussianHawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 pm DC --- how are you viewing Barr since he provides such leeway to the Executive? I remember your en-lighted view that Trump's inauguration would hopefully bring in a new phase of congressional oversight. I would assume you are against Barr?
In a general sense, you're right. I oppose Barr on his views on the executive. In a real-world sense, he strikes me as probably the only candidate who could be acceptable to the White House and still be confirmed.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea, cant really argue it. Do the crime do the time.
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

3 prosecutors so far have excused themselves from the case. 2 have resigned from the Justice dept.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Meanwhile, back at The Trump Family Law Firm:

(Because, "Law and Order" Party!)

https://twitter.com/RussOnPolitics/stat ... ">February
Anand Giridharadas