Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Trump/Republicans 2020: Suppressing Votes & Weaponizing the Government.

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Feral wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm "Not a drill"

JFC
It comes as no surprise that that's what you noticed in that post.
It's more about continuing the argument......
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Content creation.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:33 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm "Not a drill"

JFC
Nope.

Just made me roll my eyes. Dems using fear/smoke signals to motivate their voters. Just seem to remember a lot of criticism about the GOP doing similar in 2016. Just makes me chuckle.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pmContent creation.
i’d take ousie’s content over illy’s 7 days a week, and twice on sundays
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:16 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pmContent creation.
i’d take ousie’s content over illy’s 7 days a week, and twice on sundays
^^^^^^^^

Also, be ready for 4 pages of responses on this.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Let's recap:

Not guilty:

-Clinton
-Comey
-McCabe

Guilty:

-Manafort
-Gates
-Flynn
-Stone
-Cohen
-Papadopoulos
-Kilimnik
-The GRU
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and how long have repubs had the chance to formally investigate the bidens?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:03 pm

Nope.

Just made me roll my eyes. Dems using fear/smoke signals to motivate their voters. Just seem to remember a lot of criticism about the GOP doing similar in 2016. Just makes me chuckle.
Wrong. This isn't based on fear. Weaponizing fear is about making people scared of what might happen.

There's a difference between using a fear of what might happen and a disgust of what is actually happening.
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:27 pm

Nope.

Wrong. This isn't based on fear. Weaponizing fear is about making people scared of what might happen.

There's a difference between using a fear of what might happen and a disgust of what is actually happening.
Illegal border crossing was actually happening. It was used to play on fear to motivate voters.... (often by making it seem way worse than it truly was)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:33 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:27 pm

Nope.

Illegal border crossing was actually happening. It was used to play on fear to motivate voters.... (often by making it seem way worse than it truly was)
Trump didnt just claim "be careful of brown people, they may have crossed the border illegally". He said that Mexico was sending a bunch of rapists and murderers over who might rape and kill you and your family.

See the difference? Might vs. Is.
Deleted User 295

Both are using fear to motivate voters.

Whether you/I agree or disagree with the given topic/method chosen is irrelevant.

"This is not a drill" 😂😂😂
Deleted User 295

You don't even read what you respond to.

I just made a post that literally said "often by making it seem worse than it truly was"....and then your response is like "HEY!!! He was saying things are much worse than they truly are!!!".....and I'm like uh yeah I just said that. 😂😂😂
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:44 pm You don't even read what you respond to.

I just made a post that literally said "often by making it seem worse than it truly was"....and then your response is like "HEY!!! He was saying things are much worse than they truly are!!!".....and I'm like uh yeah I just said that. 😂😂😂
Calling them rapists and murderers isnt just "saying border crossings are much worse than they are". It is promoting a fear of something else entirely based off of nothing other than a handful of cases and an underlying level of passive racism.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Speaking of fear. Glad to see your neighbors gun hasnt leapt off the table and started firing itself at you yet.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:17 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:44 pm You don't even read what you respond to.

Calling them rapists and murderers isnt just "saying border crossings are much worse than they are". It is promoting a fear of something else entirely based off of nothing other than a handful of cases and an underlying level of passive racism.
You've said that already. We get it.

You're latching onto this immigration thing. It's not the point or the topic. The point is that both sides motivate their voting bases using fear.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:18 pm

You've said that already. We get it.

You're latching onto this immigration thing. It's not the point or the topic. The point is that both sides motivate their voting bases using fear.
Apparently you dont.
Deleted User 295

OMG dude. You're the best.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

TDub wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm Speaking of fear. Glad to see your neighbors gun hasnt leapt off the table and started firing itself at you yet.
Of course this could never happen. A gun is an inanimate object, incapable of motion.

But if a person who shouldn't have a gun picks it up and decides to use it, then there's the problem.

Of course if the gun wasn't there in the first place - you know, because a background check determined that this person was not mentally capable of owning such a dangerous object - then the question is nonsense to begin with. Seriously, if this neighbor has a gun just sitting around on a table, it's dangerous to a lot of people. He's likely incapable of passing a background check or doesn't have the mental capacity to understand how dangerous this gun - lying out on the table - could be.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Well...that plus the memory of the marielitos.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:48 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm Speaking of fear. Glad to see your neighbors gun hasnt leapt off the table and started firing itself at you yet.
Of course this could never happen. A gun is an inanimate object, incapable of motion.

But if a person who shouldn't have a gun picks it up and decides to use it, then there's the problem.

Of course if the gun wasn't there in the first place - you know, because a background check determined that this person was not mentally capable of owning such a dangerous object - then the question is nonsense to begin with. Seriously, if this neighbor has a gun just sitting around on a table, it's dangerous to a lot of people. He's likely incapable of passing a background check or doesn't have the mental capacity to understand how dangerous this gun - lying out on the table - could be.
Right. Just pointing out that fear plays both ways.

Now change that 3rd wording to say "of course, if that (insert country here) immigrant wasnt there in the first place, because of yknow, background checks" and while it may still be a silly statement to you or to me or to whoever, you can see how it plays on fears. Exactly like the gun argument. Which was my only point.
Just Ledoux it