Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And here we go..

Heard rumblings on the interwebs that something was going to be reported soon.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by MICHHAWK »

Nothing new. We knew it was coming. Let’s get on with it. Get it over with already.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What's the absolute worst thing to happen?

Postseason ban and showcause by KT?

Most likely could be loss of scholarships and probation?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Notice of allegations was inevitable.

That's just the first part. I think we'll make a good case here going forward.

Any postseason ban is walking papers for KT.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'd be perfectly fine vacating previous Final 4s. Probation and call it good.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

If I had to bet on most likely outcome, I'd say loss of a scholarship and KT is shown the door. No vacating wins or postseason bans.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Winning De Sousa's appeal gives some (false) hope that the Final Four will stay intact.

If NCAA wants to keep us out of the tournament, it can go ahead and get itself fucked because we will end up being the whipping boy for something that is prevalent. The NCAA is swinging wildly because it is going down in flames.

Public opinion on "amateurism" has already turned away from NCAA's view.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I don't know what we are being accused of.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sloppiness.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Some speculate it's really the relationship with Gassnola, and Long maybe didn't say the "right things" when fighting for DeSousa's eligibility. Who the hell knows?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Unless Gassnola implicated KT directly to the payment to Silvio's guardian, I don't see anything else being a major.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, wasn’t KU the victim of fraud by that guy?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Deny. Deny. And deny.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Think we might file an appeal of any findings?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

*tongue in cheek emoji goes <here>...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
painter

Post by painter »

"speculate"
How bout we wait until the formal allegations come out ?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Broken record time.

Bill Self, great guy and a great coach.
That being said, I and most others have known he and his program have been far from kosher during his tenure.
Right, just like many/most other programs.
Problem in the not so distant past is we have been under a microscope (and rightfully so) with the NCAA - and Self & company still have knowingly done shit to land our program with "major violations".

Here is my unpopular assessment. There has been way too much shit that has occurred under Bill Self's watch. Extremely minor shit (guys missing court appearances, scuffles, drug paraphernalia possession, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., - an embarrassing ammount of etc ) to fairly major shit (guy/s who have been found to have "struck" women and payoffs/payouts for players)- but too much shit no matter how you slice it.
You disagree? Then you're either in denial or just not in tune to what has happened off the court.
Is it time for Bill and company and KU to part ways? I say no and I wouldn't be happy if so - but I also wouldn't be so heartbroken either.
Bill Self may be the King of KU Basketball but he himself is not KU basketball - nor is he bigger than the program.
Stay tuned......
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There’s two conversations, right? A specific one, and a general one.

As for the specifics - it is 100% certain that we did things that were not 100% compliant with the rules. So we’ll start there. But unless the NCAA has a case of sudden-onset-rationality, it won’t matter that, practically speaking, we handled both the Preston and De Sousa situations about as conservatively as you can. It also won’t matter whether what we were doing was normal or some number of standard deviations away from normal. We’re at the whim of the Committee on Infractions and, eventually, whatever the appeals committee is called.

This isn’t about rules anymore, but politics within a flagging organization.

Which is the more general conversation.

The NCAA is going to lose. It’s going to lose in the courts, it’s going to lose in state and federal legislative bodies, it’s going to lose in the papers and it’s going to lose in the wallet. So, as an organization, there’s two paths: adapt or die. The ritual sacrifice of a bell cow program (but not quite the most indispensable program) tells you what path the current powers that be seem intent on taking.

If we’re spared a very serious blow to the program’s short- and medium-term viability, it will not be because we were *right*, but because rationality won inside NCAA headquarters. So, not much reason to be optimistic.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Paul1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am Broken record time.

Bill Self, great guy and a great coach.
That being said, I and most others have known he and his program have been far from kosher during his tenure.
Right, just like many/most other programs.
Problem in the not so distant past is we have been under a microscope (and rightfully so) with the NCAA - and Self & company still have knowingly done shit to land our program with "major violations".

Here is my unpopular assessment. There has been way too much shit that has occurred under Bill Self's watch. Extremely minor shit (guys missing court appearances, scuffles, drug paraphernalia possession, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., - an embarrassing ammount of etc ) to fairly major shit (guy/s who have been found to have "struck" women and payoffs/payouts for players)- but too much shit no matter how you slice it.
You disagree? Then you're either in denial or just not in tune to what has happened off the court.
Is it time for Bill and company and KU to part ways? I say no and I wouldn't be happy if so - but I also wouldn't be so heartbroken either.
Bill Self may be the King of KU Basketball but he himself is not KU basketball - nor is he bigger than the program.
Stay tuned......
Ramblings of a lunatic