Tacos v Enchiladas

You Love It.
ChalkRocker

Re: Tacos v Enchiladas

Post by ChalkRocker »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 pm I simply stated that I hate the internets.

Don't project onto me, sir!

Are you on the correct thread?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:25 pm You like the oregano that was in their salsa.

Homemade salsa easy to make, and way better than jarred stuff anyway...that said, I really liked Senor Stan's when I lived back there. Could only get it at Dillon's at the time. Dude prolly dead, I don't know. Was a regular at Molly's, where I worked for way too long.

As far as enchilada's vs. tacos go, I'd go Tacos for the convenience and ease factor most days.

My mother in law makes some bomb ass homemade sauce, though for cheese and onion w/ beef enchiladas. I made it once with her, and it's definitely a labor of love, as it takes a good while to get the chile's boiled, strained, strained again. Then you still have to actually make it taste good. But so worth it.
According to the internets, Stan died of liver cancer in 2010.

Rumors that you can find his salsa persist.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Sorry to learn this, may he RIP...
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

He'd come into Molly's, belly up, and have his then young daughter with him. We thought he was a deadbeat on those days, bringing his daughter...but on days he was by himself, he was a great conversation.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

You eat your taco, you be happy and you STFU. Tacos are one of the best foods on the planet (in all of their glorious forms)

And I love enchiladas, but an enchilada is to a taco what mad dog 2020 is to a fine scotch/whiskey. GTFU here with that weak shit.
Deleted User 141

Quite the opposite in a lot of cases....tacos made quick and easy, even if the ‘authentic’ variety. Enchiladas, not gonna be quick and easy unless you saucing them outta can. And that nasty.

And with the La Familia reference, I loved that place too....Dos Hombres, though, my first couple years at KU, I fondly remember all you can eat tacos on Monday’s for $4.25. We ate a shit ton of tacos. And they fried em up all extra delicious style.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:48 pm You eat your taco, you be happy and you STFU. Tacos are one of the best foods on the planet (in all of their glorious forms)

And I love enchiladas, but an enchilada is to a taco what mad dog 2020 is to a fine scotch/whiskey. GTFU here with that weak shit.
This is outrageous. Divisive. Polarizing.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

I suck at making homemade enchiladas...so if I've got to make it myself then tacos. But as at a Mexican restaurant I'd go enchiladas. But why not both. 2 enchiladas (beef). 1 taco (usually beef, but I don't discriminate). Rice. Beans. Chips and salsa. Yum.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:57 pm Quite the opposite in a lot of cases....tacos made quick and easy, even if the ‘authentic’ variety. Enchiladas, not gonna be quick and easy unless you saucing them outta can. And that nasty.

And with the La Familia reference, I loved that place too....Dos Hombres, though, my first couple years at KU, I fondly remember all you can eat tacos on Monday’s for $4.25. We ate a shit ton of tacos. And they fried em up all extra delicious style.
I was kitchen manager at Dos Hombres for 5 or 6 years. I probably made your tacos. Filled with beef and deep fried then filled lettuce, tomato, 3 shreds of cheese (any more and the owners would kill you) some green onion and topped cheep, generic parm. Super greasy but tasty.
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:20 am I suck at making homemade enchiladas...so if I've got to make it myself then tacos. But as at a Mexican restaurant I'd go enchiladas. But why not both. 2 enchiladas (beef). 1 taco (usually beef, but I don't discriminate). Rice. Beans. Chips and salsa. Yum.
Yes. There's room at the table for both.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

beef is boring
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:51 am beef is boring
You're not wrong, especially when it comes to tacos (who doesn't love shrimp or steak or carnitas tacos)....but enchilada wise I think beef is superior to the other meats.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cabeza is good.
Lengua, as Tdub said, is good.
Tripe is one of my favs

All beef, all good and none of it boring.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

had duck confit tacos recently

unique and phenomenal
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not a huge fan of duck. Perhaps ive never had it prepared properly. Always seems overly greasy and a little chewy to me. I dunno, i hear people say its a fantastic red meat. Never had it at a restaurant, maybe thats the issue.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Is Michael Smith still serving duck tongue tacos? I haven't had them but would like to try it.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am Not a huge fan of duck. Perhaps ive never had it prepared properly. Always seems overly greasy and a little chewy to me. I dunno, i hear people say its a fantastic red meat. Never had it at a restaurant, maybe thats the issue.

With duck, the fat is the thing. Duck breast should be medium rare and and is almost beefy tasting. Score the skin, sear skin side down until brown and then finish in a hot oven. Use the rendered fat for roasted new potatoes.

Legs need to be roasted well done or done confit. I have had dry, chewy duck and it ain't good.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Beef is 'boring' but delicious.
If i'm doing enchiladas and adding a taco, i'm not going fish or shrimp, i'll tell you that much.
If it's a chicken enchilada, I'm likely going beef taco.
Deleted User 141

I’ve ordered the right combo plate many times. It consists of both. I’ll eat the taco first, not so whatever shell (usually crunchy in this scenario) gets compromised, but so that when I take a bite out over my plate, my enchilada then has more ‘filling’, even though it’s in the outside.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Same.