Tacos v Enchiladas

You Love It.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Tacos v Enchiladas

Post by pdub »

https://sukhis.com/samosa-story/

Almost every Indian restaurant i've eaten at offers vegetarian and meat samosas.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I worked at a couple of Mexican restaurants that deep fried the tacos , AKA tacos dorado. Dip the tortilla in the fryer to soften, fill with beef, toothpick it closed and fry for a couple minutes. Pull the picks, crack the bottom just a bit and fill with lettuce, tomato and cheese. I wish there was a place here that did it that way. No such luck.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:40 pm I worked at a couple of Mexican restaurants that deep fried the tacos , AKA tacos dorado. Dip the tortilla in the fryer to soften, fill with beef, toothpick it closed and fry for a couple minutes. Pull the picks, crack the bottom just a bit and fill with lettuce, tomato and cheese. I wish there was a place here that did it that way. No such luck.
my mom makes something similar, but we just refer to it as stuffed sopapillas

most sopapillas one might encounter are thin and relatively crispy…more like a big tortilla chip. some, though, are more doughy like a fry bread (i’m sure you know all this, 99). my mom’s recipe for the dough, when done right, fries up perfectly so that there’s a massive air pocket inside, which we then fill with all sorts of goodies

the dough recipe is obviously important, but more important is the frying temperature of the oil
Last edited by KUTradition on Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

indian tacos/fry bread tacos might just be my favorite tacos
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

mmm this thread turn has also made me think of bierrocks....I love them...havent had one in years
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I think there's still a Runza in Lawrence.

Making fry bread is on my list. Never had it before, but I'm gonna do it one of these days.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Looks like a new building
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so the Winter Park Pub is closing its doors in a couple weeks.

That means tonight was one of the last Taco Tuesdays. Bummer!

I belly up next to some random dood who's doing the same thing as me.

But unlike me, he's not only audibly chomping each bite with his mouth open, but something about the way he's eating tacos is prompting him to loudly slurp the salsa off his fingers after like every bite.

What in the actual fuck.

I'm lucky I walked out of there without any felony charges. He's lucky he walked out of there with all his fingers and teeth.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:38 pm
I'm lucky I walked out of there without any felony charges. He's lucky he walked out of there with all his fingers and teeth.
I hope he knows just how close he was to a brutal beat down.