Site Admin

Re: Tacos v Enchiladas

Post by pdub »

Little green ghouls.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

You guys watch a lot of TV, huh?*

*Not directed @ you, traddy. For the peanut section that I was attempting to educate. Which was a waste of time...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TDub wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:03 am Do you like tacos

Yes i doo

Do you like popcorn

Yea i doooo

Popcorn tacos?

Ewwww
pretty good. you should try your hand with the "milk steak and jelly beans" discussion
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

There’s also the Grilled Charlie - cooked on a hot plate, or in a pinch, a radiator

Ingredients

Wonder Bread - 2 slices
Peanut Butter (creamy) - enough to coat 1 side of 1 slice of bread
American Cheese singles - 2 slices
Butter - spreadable or whipped butter recommended
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Directions

First, spray a saute pan very liberally with Pam or similar cooking spray.
Over medium heat, place 2 slices of cheese in the pan, followed by a buttered slice of white bread (buttered side should be facing UP).
Heat for 2 minutes or a bit longer, being careful not to burn the cheese (this may take a little experimenting depending on how hot the pan is).
Next, drizzle or squirt Hershey's chocolate sauce on top of that BEFORE placing another slice of white bread also buttered on one side (again, buttered side facing up) on top.
Let the sandwich cook for another minute. The cheese will be brown, but before the cheese burns, flip the whole mess over so that the buttered bread that you just placed on top will brown nicely and make the bread crispy (just like when you make a grilled cheese sandwich).
The final step occurs after you take this concoction off the heat and flip it onto your plate (cheese side down); immediately smear the top with a thin layer of creamy peanut butter while the sandwich is still hot.
Note: The peanut butter does NOT get grilled. Think of it as a condiment that goes on last, after the cooking is done. Serve immediately.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:56 pm There’s also the Grilled Charlie - cooked on a hot plate, or in a pinch, a radiator

Ingredients

Wonder Bread - 2 slices
Peanut Butter (creamy) - enough to coat 1 side of 1 slice of bread
American Cheese singles - 2 slices
Butter - spreadable or whipped butter recommended
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Directions

First, spray a saute pan very liberally with Pam or similar cooking spray.
Over medium heat, place 2 slices of cheese in the pan, followed by a buttered slice of white bread (buttered side should be facing UP).
Heat for 2 minutes or a bit longer, being careful not to burn the cheese (this may take a little experimenting depending on how hot the pan is).
Next, drizzle or squirt Hershey's chocolate sauce on top of that BEFORE placing another slice of white bread also buttered on one side (again, buttered side facing up) on top.
Let the sandwich cook for another minute. The cheese will be brown, but before the cheese burns, flip the whole mess over so that the buttered bread that you just placed on top will brown nicely and make the bread crispy (just like when you make a grilled cheese sandwich).
The final step occurs after you take this concoction off the heat and flip it onto your plate (cheese side down); immediately smear the top with a thin layer of creamy peanut butter while the sandwich is still hot.
Note: The peanut butter does NOT get grilled. Think of it as a condiment that goes on last, after the cooking is done.Throw away Immediately
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:47 pm You guys watch a lot of TV, huh?*

*Not directed @ you, traddy. For the peanut section that I was attempting to educate. Which was a waste of time...
i’m lost in the conversation outside of the bomb salsa i had for lunch...no idea what’s being referenced
Deleted User 89

ousie’s concoction sounds disgusting
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

dangit, you guys
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Question 64:

Enchiladas 10.2
Tacos 10.0
Both 11.1
Tortas 10.3
All three 11.8

...surprised, but not surprised...
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Man, surprised pupusas didn’t make the list
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 pm Man, surprised pupusas didn’t make the list
Travesty.
Good papusas=food heaven.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I choose the middle option, which got an 11.1.
If I'm doing a torta, that's my only main. Dont like mixing bread with tortillas for some reason.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

OK. Not technically on topic, but I have to get it off my chest, and it's gotta go somewhere.

This past weekend, I called a local restaurante. I've eaten their food many times; always been good.

Got a torta adobada. When I opened the wrapper, I ate a few bits of meat that had fallen into the paper.
Very good.

Bit into the sandwich itself, and got a really gamey taste off of it. Took more bites, trying to determine what I was tasting. Finally came up w/ what I think happened -- the cook must have grilled the telera on a part of the grill that had rancid grease on it.

Couldn't finish even half of it.

Now there's sadness. For the loss of the torta, and the lingering hesitation I'll have when ordering again. Can't imagine how the cook must have felt if he knew he was putting out a sub-standard torta. Poor guy.

Still reconciling this in my mind...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I understand how you feel CR.
Mrs 99 and I ate at a large, midwestern Chinese chain restaurant lately.
She wanted crab rangoon to start. She didn't like it because it had actual crab in it and she won't eat seafood. I didn't like it because it came sitting in a super sweet, sticky sauce.
I ordered salt and pepper shrimp. These came heavily breaded and the coating was not cooked. It was like eating raw glue. I ate one and quit. Mrs 99 said it may just be the one and try another one. Worse.
They apologized and offered to replace. I declined and they took it off the bill.

I was bummed out for days.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Tacos tonight!

Gonna try something a little new:

Instead of the usual fixins, imma make a slaw of sorts with cabbage, onion, jalapeño, and maybe even some radish.

Trying to decide whether/how to dress it.

Then diced chicken breast instead of ground beef for the protein
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Donr forget cilantro
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

and a spritz of lime
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And crema and queso Fresca or cojita cheese
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Traddie is right, dress the slaw with lime juice, and a little olive oil. Don't forget the salt.
Defense. Rebounds.