Khalil Herbert

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Khalil Herbert

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

According to Twitter world...

Herbert is going to redshirt this year and leave the program as a grad transfer. He traveled with the team, but is leaving Fort Worth right now.

Dude is (was) a captain, quit on his team and it just looks bad. Trying times ahead.

But not a good look for him and for Kansas football.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Khalil Herbert

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Weird. But, really not a damaging blow at all being a senior.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. And I like Gardner. But by him having to play now, a RS is being burned for him. Which hurts long term.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Heard they sent him home via plane...should have been a Greyhound.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, that may be because Dom Williams is rumored to also be leaving--so it would be the combo of the 2.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

After every game like this, I wonder if Les and staff are doing damage-control by calling/texting the kids who have already committed.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU really needs to land that 4 star Clayton that is deciding between Georgia and KU. And he might come here to play often in all his 3-4 years at KU.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

On another note, Gardner is not looking like a bad option.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tampering seems the likeliest thing. KU doesn’t have to give him a RS, do they? I wouldn’t. Also explains the lack of heart today
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You feel bad for a kid like Juice, who has been a part of so many bad football teams but you have to wonder what in the world is going when he was getting playing time, carries and I’m pretty sure leading the team in rushing yards. Up until today KU had been in every game and looked to be taking baby steps to getting better. Why was this week the breaking point?

Also this also may go down as the single worst week in KU sports history. Ugh.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

^^^^*
I am pissed that taking a dump on Kansas is acceptable. It is time to fight back. Herbert had a shot of being drafted this season. He screwed this up.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The QB/WR from Houston started a revolution...though both say they aren't transferring.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ugh.
Trash fire.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

If the redshirt/transfer rumor is true, and the KC Star calls it "likely." then no one should ever let Herbert try to get away with calling himself a team-first player. His name should forever be Kahlil "Me-First" Herbert.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ben Heeney, on Twitter had a strong opinion on this matter. Can’t say I disagree with him. If what they are saying is true that he waited until the bus ride to the game to tell the coaching staff he wanted out that is a low class move to make. Quitting on your team. Team captain, media day representative and he tells the team that he quits.
I also noticed a good amount of current players are wishing Juice good luck...also not sure how I feel about that. I’m sure they understand more of what is going on and why he decided to make that decision but at the end of the day, IMO he quit on his team.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IMHO he is a twenty something young man who is doing what he considers to be in his best interest.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:26 pm Ben Heeney, on Twitter had a strong opinion on this matter. Can’t say I disagree with him. If what they are saying is true that he waited until the bus ride to the game to tell the coaching staff he wanted out that is a low class move to make. Quitting on your team. Team captain, media day representative and he tells the team that he quits.
I also noticed a good amount of current players are wishing Juice good luck...also not sure how I feel about that. I’m sure they understand more of what is going on and why he decided to make that decision but at the end of the day, IMO he quit on his team.
Ben Heeney? Lol.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Herbert may as well prolong college for as long as possible because next stop for him is XFL.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:47 pm You feel bad for a kid like Juice, who has been a part of so many bad football teams but you have to wonder what in the world is going when he was getting playing time, carries and I’m pretty sure leading the team in rushing yards. Up until today KU had been in every game and looked to be taking baby steps to getting better. Why was this week the breaking point?

Also this also may go down as the single worst week in KU sports history. Ugh.
This whole thing is dumb. Good players from shitty teams get drafted all the time. If you are talented, NFL scouts will find you.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:45 pm IMHO he is a twenty something young man who is doing what he considers to be in his best interest.
Most bad decisions by kids in their teens and early 20s were thought to be good ideas by those kids.