usa olympics

Other Sports.
NewtonHawk11

Re: usa olympics

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ha! Now they say she tested positive because of cross-contamination from medicine her grandfather takes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:29 am Ha! Now they say she tested positive because of cross-contamination from medicine her grandfather takes.
what in the absolute fuck
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Team USA hockey loses in the quarters to Slovakia. Ugh.

They allowed a goal with less than a minute left.

Then lost in a shootout 1-0.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:31 am Totally legit.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/figureska ... medication
I am trying not to go off the rails in discussing my feelings about the deep hatred I have for the Russian Olympic machine but this year is pushing me to the brink. What they do to their athletes is repulsive and the fact that this athlete was allowed to compete is a travesty.

https://slate.com/culture/2022/02/kamil ... x4Wt4LdRs8
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy doesn’t understand why
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Because she accidentally took her grandpas heart medicine in November? Or are there new developments?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:27 pm Because she accidentally took her grandpas heart medicine in November? Or are there new developments?
They have treated other athletes differently for non-performance enhancing drugs. Russia has a history of cheating too.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:58 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:27 pm Because she accidentally took her grandpas heart medicine in November? Or are there new developments?
They have treated other athletes differently for non-performance enhancing drugs.
Who is "they"?

The woman runner from USA was kicked off by our USA Olympic committee (or whatever they call themselves), not some bigger international Olympic committee (or whatever they call themselves) iirc.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The international olympic committee
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:00 pm The international olympic committee
You talking about Sha'carri Richardson?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The IOC has a "zero tolerance policy" for drugs and doping.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ignorance on full display
Deleted User 863

Russia cheats. There's no doubt about it. I just feel sorry for her if she's not being told what's being given to her.

Twocoaches article was pretty insightful/sad/maddening.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:03 pm The IOC has a "zero tolerance policy" for drugs and doping.
Apparently not?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:03 pm ignorance on full display
You should probably read my posts more closely...this is all I have said about this topic....
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:38 pm Are you talking about the 15yr old girl who maybe wasn't even being told by her handlers what they were giving her?
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:00 pm What did she take?

Has she passed tests since that failed test in November?
Get a life. Quit trying to start fights with me in every thread. Wait until it's actually called for like an adult.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

ok, dipshit
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Bummer for the USA ladies pucksters.
Although, I did have the Canucks in the ESPN Streak for Cash.

Your Last Pick - You Chose Correctly, Now Pick Again!
You selected Canada Wed Feb 16, 11:10 PM
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:03 pm Russia cheats. There's no doubt about it. I just feel sorry for her if she's not being told what's being given to her.

Twocoaches article was pretty insightful/sad/maddening.
These athletes understand that they are being doped. It is 100% systemic over there. I have known dozens of Russian athletes that competed for Russia internationally.