usa olympics

Other Sports.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: usa olympics

Post by pdub »

I thought Clint was like swiss for some reason.
Not looking it up.

And Durant is a good rebounder. So is Tatum.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i just hope whomever is representing doesn’t go and do something dumb, like eat a pork burrito
Deleted User 89

so, no spectators at all in tokyo

gotta think performances will be down across the board without any fans cheering competitors on
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd mostly agree but there might be some introverts who will perform better without the pressure of a live crowd.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sounds like there is some growing pressure in Japan to cancel the Olympics altogether.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:09 pm I'd mostly agree but there might be some introverts who will perform better without the pressure of a live crowd.
All of Pdub's best sexual performances have occurred with no one else in the room.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

lol
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:21 pm Sounds like there is some growing pressure in Japan to cancel the Olympics altogether.

If the International Olympic Committee and Japanese government don't feel it's safe for VACCINATED and masked Japanese citizens to attend events while physically distanced from one another - I would think many countries would/should be very hesitant to send their elite athletes there to compete.
Deleted User 863

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:19 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:21 pm Sounds like there is some growing pressure in Japan to cancel the Olympics altogether.

If the International Olympic Committee and Japanese government don't feel it's safe for VACCINATED and masked Japanese citizens to attend events while physically distanced from one another - I would think many countries would/should be very hesitant to send their elite athletes there to compete.
Fun fact of the day i heard earlier....

Only 15% of Japanese citizens are fully vaccinated.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:20 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Fun fact of the day i heard earlier....

Only 15% of Japanese citizens are fully vaccinated.
I heard the same thing about 10 minutes ago.
Not sure if it's more because of a lack of available vaccines, people believing they have natural immunity, or people thinking the fungus is a hoax and/or the vaccine is evil.
A question I have is what about all the Japanese who have been hired to work the games - do they need to be fully vaccinated?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:18 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:09 pm I'd mostly agree but there might be some introverts who will perform better without the pressure of a live crowd.
All of Pdub's best sexual performances have occurred with no one else in the room.
And with record times.
Deleted User 89

toyota pulled sponsorship ads in Japan

apparently, they’d rather not be associated
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Women's soccer get spanked.
Deleted User 89

that was surprising

edit: they are a rival of sorts though, right?

don’t the teams have a history?
Deleted User 89

and 55 positive covid tests with just the US contingency since july 1, all non-athletes
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:31 pm that was surprising

edit: they are a rival of sorts though, right?

don’t the teams have a history?
A history of not being able to beat Sweden in the Olympics, yes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I could not possibly be less interested in these Olympics.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am I could not possibly be less interested in these Olympics.
I'm in the same boat. I will watch maybe periodically. But I didn't even know women's soccer started the other day. Had no idea.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am I could not possibly be less interested in these Olympics.
I'm in the same boat. I will watch maybe periodically. But I didn't even know women's soccer started the other day. Had no idea.
Being fanless just robs too much of the environment. And, unlike college basketball or baseball (which I could sort of get into, fanless), I'm just not invested.
Deleted User 863

My 7 year old daughter likes watching the gymnastics so we will watch that when it's on. I will watch the mens basketball, but will likely cheer for USA to lose (weird, i know).