About that "Equality Act"

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: About that "Equality Act"

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:09 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:49 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Even twocoach agrees with me on this one issue. I rest my case.
The 260+ members of The Kansas Equal Rights and Parenting Time group on Facebook would all agree with us as well. The struggle is real and brutal for men. Sea enjoys making up “facts” to bolster her hatred. Once you realize that, it’s pretty funny, actually.
I have several male friends that went through hell in the divorce courts. However, I did have one cousin who actually won custody of his children in California. Yep, she was that bad. Neglectfulness of her children and pets is what lost her custody (and other nasty things she did). He admitted later that he was surprised he won. He does own his own business, is very stable, and I'm glad the court could see it.
Definitely the exception to the rule.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

"Sea enjoys making up “facts” to bolster her hatred."

Oh, the irony.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I think custody arrangements, etc. vary from state to state.

I have a good friend in a western state who just went through this, and the baseline ruling -- which is to say the standard ruling, short of extenuating circumstances -- is joint custody that is an even, half-and-half split.

Which ensures that no parents get screwed over but the kids never develop anything even close to a normal life.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I don't hate Sea, but she does have an odd way to seeing things that are not there.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:38 pm I don't hate Sea, but she does have an odd way to seeing things that are not there.
Very diplomatically-stated.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:45 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:41 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:44 am

And how would you know that? From something the Russians say on Youtube?

Cause it seems like that notion is something like 30 years out of date.

I do recall judges being not terribly receptive to fathers who didn't seem interested in having their children, only in reducing their child support or harassing their ex-wives.
I know three men who have been divorced with kids and all three were screwed over by the courts on the assumption that "vagina = good parent". Women get screwed over in a lot of areas but divorce court doesnt appear to be one of them.
If those were custody cases, the ones that get screwed over are the kids. I dealt with seriously abused kids and they were resilient, but can recall the haunted faces of the kids caught in the middle of a custody battle.

And just as an observer from the sidelines, seems like a lot has to do with the lawyer chosen.
Yes, ultimately the kids were screwed over as well when the courts believed the lies told by the mother, despite the pages of emails and texts and hours of video supporting the father's account of things.

Nice that you threw some "haunted faces of seriously abused kids" in there for really no reason. None of the children I was referring to were in any way abused other than mentally by their lying mothers. But the mention of abuse out of nowhere while discussing fathers not getting their fair shake in custody cases pretty much highlights my point in flashing neon.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:17 pm
I know three men who have been divorced with kids and all three were screwed over by the courts on the assumption that "vagina = good parent". Women get screwed over in a lot of areas but divorce court doesnt appear to be one of them.
If those were custody cases, the ones that get screwed over are the kids. I dealt with seriously abused kids and they were resilient, but can recall the haunted faces of the kids caught in the middle of a custody battle.

And just as an observer from the sidelines, seems like a lot has to do with the lawyer chosen.
Yes, ultimately the kids were screwed over as well when the courts believed the lies told by the mother, despite the pages of emails and texts and hours of video supporting the father's account of things.

Nice that you threw some "haunted faces of seriously abused kids" in there for really no reason. None of the children I was referring to were in any way abused other than mentally by their lying mothers. But the mention of abuse out of nowhere while discussing fathers not getting their fair shake in custody cases pretty much highlights my point in flashing neon.
Silly goose! Fathers don’t matter. They are, by nature, evil creatures, and exist only to generate income to be spent by mothers - and usually not on the kids, since the system doesn’t even attempt to hold them accountable for even that much.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Whoa, whoa, you misquoted me, I said the haunted faces of kids caught in the middle of a custody battle. I did not mention fathers, because by far most of the sexual abuse we saw was not perpetrated by fathers, but by other individuals who were close to the child, but not parent figures. The serious physical abuse involved both men and women. The custody battles involved both males and females, and often minimal abuse allegations. But what I was trying to convey was how tough it was for the kids because of the enmity of both parents and the ongoing animosity where it had become just a fight between them and the kids were caught in the middle. It was tough enough for us as adults to deal with these feuding people and we could see how torn the kids were.

Have had acquaintances where the opposite of what you claim was true, the fathers got the kids. But, if the parents are asking that a person in a black robe decide where the kids will be picked up every week because they can't even agree on that kind of thing, and that does happen, then no one can blame the courts. And if your lawyer calls Family Court "Kangaroo Court," or says "Let me tell you something" to the person on the bench, or can't prevent you from saying that, then you are screwed, no matter what your gender is.

But perhaps Kansas and Nebraska are simply more backward than the jurisdictions in which I've lived.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:21 pm

thers don’t matter. They are, by nature, evil creatures, and exist only to generate income to be spent by mothers - and usually not on the kids, since the system doesn’t even attempt to hold them accountable for even that much.
I quite understand your particular hatred for me, Psych. I was happily married for a very long time to someone who was the opposite of you in every possible way and one who dealt with all kinds of female professionals every day who liked him. Unlike you, he didn't disdain waitresses or women that you would consider so far less than you, he knew their names when he frequented a restaurant.

But hey, if it makes you feel less humiliated that your wife came to dislike you and you hate me because I lived out a long marriage adoring the person to the end, go ahead and rage at me.
Don't inject Lysol.