Grimes granted waiver

Kansas Basketball.
nu_bronco

Grimes granted waiver

Post by nu_bronco »

I don't recall the scholarships being full when he wasn't drafted.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/oct/ ... ared-play/
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Grimes granted waiver

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This is a good thing.

I am against any restrictions on transfers.

And, the NCAA effectively just created the "overrated recruit waiver."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's exactly what they did.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is there precedent?

Is this the first “previous school was outta scholarships” waiver granted?

How many other reasons did they throw at the wall before this one stuck?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ahh...Kansas.

GRANTED!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

nu_bronco wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm I don't recall the scholarships being full when he wasn't drafted.

Pretty sure there was about 3 open when he left. I'm not positive on the timeline, but I'm pretty sure both Moss and Harris signed AFTER he transferred?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Good for him...hope he's the starting PG.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 pm
nu_bronco wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm I don't recall the scholarships being full when he wasn't drafted.

Pretty sure there was about 3 open when he left. I'm not positive on the timeline, but I'm pretty sure both Moss and Harris signed AFTER he transferred?
And Wilson too. The decision I don't have an opinion on, but the reason is insane.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dumb.
Rewarded for giving up.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Perhaps it means there wasn't a scholarship for Grimes instead of "Kansas had no scholarships available."
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 pm This is a good thing.

I am against any restrictions on transfers.

Agreed. Can't treat them like they're under contract when the school can force them out whenever they want for any reason (or no reason) at all.
Deleted User 286

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:17 pm Good for him...hope he's the starting PG.
Same. I don't understand why people hate him. He didn't do anything wrong other than not live up to expectations. He wasn't an off the court problem. He wasn't disruptive to our team. Our players liked him and still show support when he posts on social media.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

didn’t he kinda backhandedly blame Self for his underwhelming play? That was a little unsavory
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:17 pm Good for him...hope he's the starting PG.
Same. I don't understand why people hate him. He didn't do anything wrong other than not live up to expectations. He wasn't an off the court problem. He wasn't disruptive to our team. Our players liked him and still show support when he posts on social media.
His camp was whiny as shit and put all the blame for his terribleness on Bill.

I can excuse him for being the worst Top 10 prospect we've had here, but the whine was insufferable.
Deleted User 286

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:35 pm didn’t he kinda backhandedly blame Self for his underwhelming play? That was a little unsavory
I don't think those were his words (I think it was his dad?)...but what do you expect his dad to say? He wants to be a PG. He will get a chance at his new school.

Self gets paid a lot of money, he can handle a little criticism (even if it's unfair or not legit)...he's said worse about players in the media before. Just goes with the territory I suppose. I don't think his feelings were hurt.

If Grimes wanted to be PG at KU then he should have been better than Dotson. He had plenty of chances to have the ball in his hands and play as a PG and he didn't make the most of those opportunities.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:25 pmIf Grimes wanted to be PG at KU then he should have been better than Charlie Moore.
FYP. Grimes was so bad.
Deleted User 286

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm
His camp was whiny as shit and put all the blame for his terribleness on Bill.

I can excuse him for being the worst Top 10 prospect we've had here, but the whine was insufferable.
No doubt, it was whiny as shit, I totally agree. See my above comment...but he didn't say those words....and the Grimes hate started long before those were said to the media.
Deleted User 286

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:25 pmIf Grimes wanted to be PG at KU then he should have been better than Charlie Moore.
FYP. Grimes was so bad.
Haha oh come on. Grimes was bad, but Charlie Moore was awful. So was KJ. Especially by Kansas standards.

The whole team was hard to watch last year other than Dotson and Agbaji.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pmHaha oh come on. Grimes was bad, but Charlie Moore was awful.
Charlie Moore spelled Dotson at PG and Grimes didn't.

That's how bad Grimes was at PG, but he and his camp seem to think he should have played there over Dotson all season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just have a hard time buying the idea that Grimes coulda been a better playmaker, but for Self. If that’s part of your game then just go out and make plays.