It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:28 am If it were me, senior night would be reserved for players who had been at KU a minimum of 3 seasons.
I say this bc it would be possible for a student athlete to graduate in that time period.
I would have no objection.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

My feeling as well.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

make it so
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4IrYs5uy84 ... YxcWlwcQ==

Am I being hopeful by reading into that to mean maybe KT retires after this year since his last kid is graduating from KU?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

for someone who regularity calls out others for they’re negativity, you sure are down on KT
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 pm for someone who regularity calls out others for they’re negativity, you sure are down on KT
That's fair.

KT is billed as the recruiter, and lately, he isn't recruiting so well. He's also 66 years old. I think it's time to start bringing along the young guys in the coaching pipeline and preparing for the transition we are likely to experience in the next decade.

Also, KT has more than earned any negative comments that come his way by some of his actions.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Also, big props to Parker Braun for dating a Chiefs cheerleader.

That entire family (especially mama Braun) has the "sauce" as the kids like to say.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On the road against the number one team let’s show up and sweep these Stifler’s moms!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:30 am Stifler’s moms!
Tell me you're a 12 year old trapped in a 40 year olds body without telling me you're a 12 year old trapped in a 40 year olds body
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:28 am If it were me, senior night would be reserved for players who had been at KU a minimum of 3 seasons.
I say this bc it would be possible for a student athlete to graduate in that time period.
Then say goodbye to KU getting players out of the portal.

Senior Night is for players and their families, not for fans. 99% of fans don't see the Senior Night activities so who cares who they allow to participate.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:35 am

Senior Night is for players and their families, not for fans. 99% of fans don't see the Senior Night activities so who cares who they allow to participate.
I don't think the seniors we get nowadays would care at all.
More about how many Benjamins.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

How many senior nights has Nick Timberlake had?

Curious, since DH walked with his family this year, will he also do it again next year?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:33 am

I doubt that you're right about that. My assumption is that other schools offered similar NIL compensation to what they received to go to Kansas.

If you don't think that "oh, and you are not eligible to participate in any Senior Night activities" and then that being publicized every subsequent Senior Night doesn't turn some good players away from KU then you're just choosing to commit to your statement no matter what.

This is just more grumping about transfers.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if a dude comes in to play one season for the Detroit red wings. and I know he ain’t coming back. or I don’t think he’s coming back. why do I care what he has to say at his last home game of the season. answer. i don’t care.

one of the consequences of this new grown up new normal is I no longer am invested in you. I don’t know you.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 am

I doubt that you're right about that. My assumption is that other schools offered similar NIL compensation to what they received to go to Kansas.

If you don't think that "oh, and you are not eligible to participate in any Senior Night activities" and then that being publicized every subsequent Senior Night doesn't turn some good players away from KU then you're just choosing to commit to your statement no matter what.

I think you’re way off base here.
If KU is offering the same million and you get to play for the best coach in CBB no one will care if they get to talk for five minutes.
Kids who are looking for big bucks DGAF about a dumb speech. They don’t care about tradition. Non factor.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Meh, I think they enjoy the tradition at KU.

I do also think it's weird for a kid who spent 4 or 5 years at Towson to give a speech at KU to KU fans when he's only been at KU for about 9 months and won't be there much longer.

Just my opinion.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

no offense to the 9 month rentals. No one cares.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:00 am How many senior nights has Nick Timberlake had?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KU +8 right now. Can't remember us being that big of dogs maybe ever since sports betting was legalized in kansas.

Feeling confident in a win today? There is money to be made boys
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:30 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 am

I think you’re way off base here.
If KU is offering the same million and you get to play for the best coach in CBB no one will care if they get to talk for five minutes.
Kids who are looking for big bucks DGAF about a dumb speech. They don’t care about tradition. Non factor.
Those are all assumptions based solely on your belief that they are all selfish assholes who only care about money.

My guess is that a night where you have the opportunity to thank your parents, coaches, teammates and others who helped you get to that point isn't meaningless.