It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:51 am no offense to the 9 month rentals. No one cares.
The player and his support system care. If you're in the stands and don't care, I assume you'll just sit there and wait politely for someone you do care to see. If you don't care to see any of it then you'll leave at the end of the game and have a little less traffic to fight on the way out of town. A win win. No need to change anything.

Zero problem with how things are now other than that I feel bad for all involved trying to figure out who counts as a senior due to the covid year making a mess of things. Once that runs through in the next few years then this will all get back to a more normal situation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:53 pm KU +8 right now. Can't remember us being that big of dogs maybe ever since sports betting was legalized in kansas.

Feeling confident in a win today? There is money to be made boys
I am hopeful but have zero confidence. Betting on KU in this game seems like the desperate move of a degenerate gambler trying to win big to cover past losses or a fan who doesn't care about their money.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:53 pm KU +8 right now. Can't remember us being that big of dogs maybe ever since sports betting was legalized in kansas.

Feeling confident in a win today? There is money to be made boys
+8.5 at Baylor 20/21
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:31 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:30 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:01 am
I doubt that you're right about that. My assumption is that other schools offered similar NIL compensation to what they received to go to Kansas.

If you don't think that "oh, and you are not eligible to participate in any Senior Night activities" and then that being publicized every subsequent Senior Night doesn't turn some good players away from KU then you're just choosing to commit to your statement no matter what.

This is just more grumping about transfers.
I think you’re way off base here.
If KU is offering the same million and you get to play for the best coach in CBB no one will care if they get to talk for five minutes.
Kids who are looking for big bucks DGAF about a dumb speech. They don’t care about tradition. Non factor.
Those are all assumptions based solely on your belief that they are all selfish assholes who only care about money.

My guess is that a night where you have the opportunity to thank your parents, coaches, teammates and others who helped you get to that point isn't meaningless.
Ok.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

this is a cold arena
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:26 pm this is a cold arena
Matches KU's shooting. Brutal. Might be a good day to get some yard work done.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I'll agree. this is brutal
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1-13 to start. We need to sign nothing but shooters out of the portal. Gruesome.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:34 pm 1-13 to start. We need to sign nothing but shooters out of the portal. Gruesome.
yay free agency!

yes, I'm going to continue to stubbornly slam my head into a wall on this. NIL and portal combo is the worst thing to happen to the sport in 125 years.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:34 pm 1-13 to start. We need to sign nothing but shooters out of the portal. Gruesome.
yay free agency!

yes, I'm going to continue to stubbornly slam my head into a wall on this. NIL and portal combo is the worst thing to happen to the sport in 125 years.
Furphy, a KU recruit, is 7 for his last 30 from three.

Harris, a KU recruit, is 1 for his last 12.

This team cannot shoot and teams just sag off them and clog the lane.

Self needs to recruit better shooters and he needs to hire a coach who can coach shooting technique better.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:06 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:58 pm
yay free agency!

L

This team cannot shoot and teams just sag off them and clog the lane.
If you watch, that's actually not how they are defending us.

They are pressing up on our non shooters who can't shoot, and who also can't drive past them.

We have nobody breaking anything down off the dribble. The defense isn't sagging at all most possessions. They're just locking our mediocre offensive players up.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

More timberlakes?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:26 pm
More timberlakes?
I feel pretty confident saying that Timberlake was a flukey exception to the rule. The vast majority of transfers from small schools to P6 programs scored 10+ ppg at their new program.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:42 pm
More timberlakes?
I feel pretty confident saying that Timberlake was a flukey exception to the rule. The vast majority of transfers from small schools to P6 programs scored 10+ ppg at their new program.
Yesufu fluke too?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Self doesn't exactly have a good track record right now with instilling confidence in transfers while they adjust to his system
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We can get all the shooters in the portal, and still not be a great shooting team next year. Because dajuan and kj will still be here playing 30+ minutes a game next year
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:16 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:42 pm

More timberlakes?
Yesufu fluke too?
He was never a shooter.

We need a guy you cannot leave open, not a bunch of guys you dare to shoot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Omg wake up you loosers ahhh!

How did this not get bumped today yet

(I guess cuz we’re not used to playing on the shitty first days of the conference tourney…and we’re starting a goofy ass lineup too)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is it really gonna be like KJ/Furphy/Justin Timberlake/Elmarko/Dajuan

With Jamari and Haunkier Taunkier for the depth

Buckle up!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Can't wait.

Hope I'm still awake.