Jalen Wilson Injury:

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Jalen Wilson Injury:

Post by sdoyel »

Broken ankle. Surgery next week. Out 3 months.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Re: Jalen Wilson Injury:

Post by Mjl »

Sucks for him.

Enaruna is so good that it doesn't change anything for Kansas.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I would imagine he gets a medical redshirt. Doubtful he plays for KU this season.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Jesse has the video over on Twitter. Appeared to be a non-contact injury. Very strange.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hopefully a full and speedy recovery.
Defense. Rebounds.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Self pretty much confirmed they will continue to start 2 bigs to (if anything) not put as much pressure on Braun and Enaruna off the bench.

We still have a 9-man rotation. I think we will be fine. It’s just frustrating not knowing what Wilson was going to contribute for us this season.

Self definitely talked like a medical RS was a strong possibility.
Last edited by sdoyel on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

They played a lot of 4 around 1 in the second half.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I think the second half was entirely 4-1. And a huge chunk of the first half. A deep run will probably require that. The spacing is terrible with 2 bigs.

Feel terrible for Jalen. Never seen anything like it. I thought he had a terrible cramp because he just checked in, ran down the court and then hopped over to Self.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Was it in the game, I didn't see anything.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I think he broke it coming to a stop or pivoting. Not sure anyone saw it live. I don’t fully remember but it seemed like he was in the game less than 10 seconds and it happened in that span.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 pm Self pretty much confirmed they will continue to start 4 bigs to (if anything) not put as much pressure on Braun and Enaruna off the bench.

We still have a 9-man rotation. I think we will be fine. It’s just frustrating not knowing what Wilson was going to contribute for us this season.

Self definitely talked like a medical RS was a strong possibility.
yes we will start 4 bigs. dotson at the point. pull mitchs redshirt. then we can have:

dotson
mitch
de sousa
mccormack
dok
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's the clip of Jalen Wilson injuring his ankle. Was easy to miss. Bill Self on radio show said Wilson could be out three months with his broken ankle. <a href="https://t.co/6cBBZkU8G2">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... ">November 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damn.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

It's interesting to me how soon they knew it was broken, would require surgery, and the time table for his return. Obviously an x-ray can show what they needed to see but I am thinking often an MRI is also ordered and done. I guess this must be a pretty clear and hopefully "clean" break.
I feel terrible for Jalen. Hard to tell how and why he broke his ankle.
Me being a bit of a lobster (someone who questions things that probably shouldn't be questioned) I am wondering if we have one more ankle injury and the coaches and medical staff start questioning which Adidas shoes our players should and should not be wearing.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2 games in and we’re down a 4-man for the season. Wonderful.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Trustee wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 pm I think the second half was entirely 4-1. And a huge chunk of the first half. A deep run will probably require that. The spacing is terrible with 2 bigs.

Feel terrible for Jalen. Never seen anything like it. I thought he had a terrible cramp because he just checked in, ran down the court and then hopped over to Self.
It depends entirely on the opponent. UNCG was a bunch of small, skinny guys. 4-1 worked well against them.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am 2 games in and we’re down a 4-man for the season. Wonderful.
Probably be until the UMKC/Sprint (12/14) game before Dok sleeps awkwardly and wakes up with a broken femur.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dear lord.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am 2 games in and we’re down a 4-man for the season. Wonderful.
Probably be until the UMKC/Sprint (12/14) game before Dok sleeps awkwardly and wakes up with a broken femur.
This isn't helpful!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

But the press conference where HCBS calls him a pussy -- and Leawood shows up carrying a "Dok is a pussy" sign -- will be a classic.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto