Best Fried Chicken

Coffee talk.
Trustee

Re: Best Fried Chicken

Post by Trustee »

I eat sides with fried chicken when I’m with people and it’s family style and putting 12 thighs on my plate and nothing else would be rude. Otherwise...wgafas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There was a Popeye's in Midtown KC that was terrible. It did shut down. The one here created huge traffic jams when it opened a few years ago. It's been consistently good the few times I've been there.

I've never tried Korean fried chicken. I don't think there's anywhere here that sells it. I may have to make my own.

Gus's opened here not too long ago. I'm not really a fan of Nashville FC though. Why you gotta dip fried chicken in more oil?
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Niece’s.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Thank goodness we have this place in SLC, it's quite fantastic

https://prettybirdchicken.com/
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Guy and Mae’s here in KC is very good. So is Rye.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

KU76erfan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 am Thank goodness we have this place in SLC, it's quite fantastic

https://prettybirdchicken.com/
have you been to pig & a jelly jar?

their fried chicken and waffles is quite good
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Church's is damn legit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fast food = Chik Fil A.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I hear some good things about a chain in the southwest called Los Pollos Hermanos; I've never been, though.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:18 pm I hear some good things about a chain in the southwest called Los Pollos Hermanos; I've never been, though.
I was going to post that - as a lifelong vegetarian that's the closest I have come to having knowledge of anything related to eating chicken. That and Chick-Fil-A is owned by a homophobe.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Steve Jobs wasn't a good guy at all - any of ya'all own any apple products?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Grandma wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 am
chiknbut wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 am Fried chicken is my thing. In KC: Corvino, Rye, and Gus's.

I had Anthony's fried chicken a few weekends ago for the first time and it was pretty damn good. Huge pieces. I still haven't had RC's or the North End.

And that's not even getting into Korean Fried Chicken which is just objectively better but only average-ish options in KC: KoKoDak and Kobi Q in a pinch.

Fast food: Popeye's and it's not close.
In the past two months they opened a Popeyes and a new Korean Fried Chicken place, all within walking distance of Casa Chiknbut. Haven't tried the Korean place, but the Popeyes is awesome. And "yes" about the Red Beans and Rice.
Hold on people. Are we talking strictly fried chicken or are the sides difference makers?
That's a whole other story.

I have found that when I go to Popeye's in the Chicagoland area they are often underperformers.
Division and Clark - Now closed but was absolute garbage.
Fullerton near Damen - Not good at all.
Ogilvie Station - Garbage.
Milwaukee near the Kennedy - Fair at best.
Addison near Western - Not bad but not up to standard.
There was one just off of Michigan near Ohio that closed - Garbage.
Is anything good around Division and Clark? Something about that area that sucks in just about anything. Even the CVS is horrible.

Addison and Western is good. Fullerton and Damen - my normal go-to, is decent. The one near me, Division and Ashland, is good. The one near Madison and Western, not bad. Wouldn't trust anything at Ogilvie Station.

Also have hit several Harold's Chickens throughout the city and it's been pretty consistent. Consistent in that I feel like I need to get jumped with some heart paddles after. And I mean that in a good way!
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 pm Meh.
Steve Jobs wasn't a good guy at all - any of ya'all own any apple products?
Sounds like zsn doesn’t eat there and no one else said anything so... odd post.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

What’s odd is inserting politics in to a fried chicken thread.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Let me tell you how you should be spending your money!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

And Chicken Shack has the best fast food chicken in my opinion.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 pm What’s odd is inserting politics in to a fried chicken thread.
Reads like a guy being self-deprecating re: his lack of fried chicken knowledge to me. It was kinda in the news a bunch a couple years ago.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I enjoyed Chicken Annie’s or Mary’s (can’t remember which) in SEK. And Roscoe’s in Hollywood. Did not enjoy the chicken at Keller’s Ad Hoc.

Last time I had Stroud’s they decided not to season the flour at all.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

zsn wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:28 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:18 pm I hear some good things about a chain in the southwest called Los Pollos Hermanos; I've never been, though.
I was going to post that - as a lifelong vegetarian that's the closest I have come to having knowledge of anything related to eating chicken. That and Chick-Fil-A is owned by a homophobe.
If Chick-fil-A is owned by a homophobe he (Dan Cathy) sure as heck better not go to his store on Chicago Avenue near State Street. There are a few openly gay people and at least one seemingly transgender (gay?) employee who works there. I realize Cathy is anti-same sex marriage but I'm not so sure he's a homphobe. Maybe he is.

In terms of being a vegetarian, that's cool. I probably would benefit from being one too.
I admit I am having an issue with the current "impossible"/"plant based" craze.
I realize Kale has become passe and it's too normal to be gluten free so some new thing had to come about. "Plant based" is as unappealing to me as pink slime.
But hey, others seem to really enjoy it so good for them. I think. Maybe it's not so good for them.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’ve seen plenty of fat vegetarians and vegans