Best Fried Chicken

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Best Fried Chicken

Post by jhawks99 »

We have this one. Does pretty good chicken wings and fried chicken. I've grilled some chicken breasts in it and they're fine, I just generally don't like boneless, skinless chicken breasts though.

Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:18 am We have this one. Does pretty good chicken wings and fried chicken. I've grilled some chicken breasts in it and they're fine, I just generally don't like boneless, skinless chicken breasts though.

Sorta like that one, yes. Some things are better than others. Burgers, very weirdly, cooked into balls even moreso than on a gas grill.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ours does a pretty good burger. Maybe a little too crisp on the outside. No balling up though.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Tried the Church's chicken sandwich, it's really good too, very similar to the Popeye's version.

Like Fish, I prefer the spicey version to be in the breading rather than in some type of spicy mayo. I asked the woman if the breading was spicy or the sauce and she looked at me like I had 3 heads.

I mistakenly assumed this was a common quesion, but it's a spicy mayo so I got the regular version.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the breading and sauce should be spicy...which, along with jalapeños and pepper jack make for the best chicken sammiches, imo
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Aioli is just Mayo that studied abroad”
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 am “Aioli is just Mayo that studied abroad”
If it doesn't come from the Aioli region of Italy, it's just sparkling mayonnaise.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think Popeye's fish sandwich will be on my lunch menu this Friday.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shit, is it lent? It’s lent, isn’t it?

And before you say I’m a bad Catholic for forgetting to give something up, joke’s on you, cuz I gave up Catholicism.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:41 am Shit, is it lent? It’s lent, isn’t it?

And before you say I’m a bad Catholic for forgetting to give something up, joke’s on you, cuz I gave up Catholicism.
I was about to say, I gave up giving things up for Lent, for Lent, some time ago.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I am certainly not Catholic but am a devout believer in fried fish.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 am Tried the Church's chicken sandwich, it's really good too, very similar to the Popeye's version.

Like Fish, I prefer the spicey version to be in the breading rather than in some type of spicy mayo. I asked the woman if the breading was spicy or the sauce and she looked at me like I had 3 heads.

I mistakenly assumed this was a common quesion, but it's a spicy mayo so I got the regular version.

Ive got the cycle completed by trying McDs trash chicken yesterday.

Freddys > Wendys > Popeyes > Chic Filet > McDonalds
I am, I said.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've not had Freddy's, there aren't any here. Wendy's is pretty good but I think Popeye's is better. Won't spend money at chick fil a so dunno about them. KFC has one that at least looks like Popeye's from their commercials.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah I saw McDonald’s just redid their chicken sammich too?

The commercial didn’t do much toward making me wanna try, though a Sok recommendation may have...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chick Fil A > Popeyes > Wendys.
All delicious.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:15 pm I've not had Freddy's, there aren't any here. Wendy's is pretty good but I think Popeye's is better. Won't spend money at chick fil a so dunno about them. KFC has one that at least looks like Popeye's from their commercials.
Sam's Club makes imitation Chick-Fil-A nuggets and sammiches. In order to replicate the "experience", they put pickle flavoring into the breading.

Puke.

Mrs. Fish says it's barely perceptible. However, if you cannot fucking stand pickles and would rather skip a meal than deal with them on your plate, even a suggestion of pickle smell/flavor is enough for me to throw the sammich out the damn window.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The thing about chik fil a is it’s only 6/7ths of a sammich.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My daughter hates pickles more than you do.
I like em.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think I've had Wendy's since they changed their chicken. But, I imagine it's only better as it was supposed to be a quality improvement.