Deleted User 89

Re: Best Fried Chicken

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they are mostly all modern now, but this was my jam as a kid
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Any Binging with Babish fans here?

I made his buttermilk battered fried chicken a couple nights ago. Absolutely phenomenal.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:39 pm Any Binging with Babish fans here?

I made his buttermilk battered fried chicken a couple nights ago. Absolutely phenomenal.
His potstickers and dipping sauce are very good.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:36 am I think Popeye's fish sandwich will be on my lunch menu this Friday.
The only good part about my day.

Good crisp. Generous size of fish.

Blows McD's out of the water. Haven't tried Arby's version.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You’re a better Catholic than I
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ha. A lot of these limited time fish offerings are only available or in stock on Fridays, so wanted to make sure they'd have it.
Deleted User 89

did you guys know that at one point in time, alligator was considered “fish” and was consumed similarly by religious folk?
Deleted User 89

holy shit...just looked it up, and as recently as 2013 the New Orleans Archbishop espoused this idea

edit: this should really go in that other thread
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I always thought Catholics considered alligator to be fish for Lent. Wasn't aware that they had change this.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:17 pm I always thought Catholics considered alligator to be fish for Lent. Wasn't aware that they had change this.
you’re absolutely right, apparently, that this hasn’t changed

i saw an archival notice from like the 1920s (or earlier) that came to mind after the above posts. i just find it odd, since gators are nothing like fish. if that exception is made, are watersnakes “kosher” too?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I mean it lives in the water, fuck it. Close enough. Now pass that beaver, pastor.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So, semi unrelated....but my dog that died this year (RIP) did something similar when he was about 2. I made a big pan if lasagna and a huge loaf od garlic bread. It was cooling on the counter when the doorbell rang. My neighbor was dropping off mail that went to his box instead of mine. I was standing at the door for a total of 30 seconds. When i turned around i saw Loki choking down the final piece of bread. He had already cleared the entire pan of lasagna and all the garlic bread. In 30 fucking seconds.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

In the early 70s I had a great dane that wasn't yrs old. In the afternoon I made a 9 x 9 pan of brownies laced with the kind. After it had baked I set it on the stove top and went to visit some friends without her. I got back three hours later to find a 'comatose' dog lying right inside the door and half the brownies eaten. She barely acknowledged me as I entered the house and, once she shakily got on all fours, drank about 3 gallons of water.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

defixione wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:40 pm In the early 70s I had a great dane that wasn't yrs old. In the afternoon I made a 9 x 9 pan of brownies laced with the kind. After it had baked I set it on the stove top and went to visit some friends without her. I got back three hours later to find a 'comatose' dog lying right inside the door and half the brownies eaten. She barely acknowledged me as I entered the house and, once she shakily got on all fours, drank about 3 gallons of water.
Nick Thune has a standup bit with a similar story.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:20 am So, semi unrelated....but my dog that died this year (RIP) did something similar when he was about 2. I made a big pan if lasagna and a huge loaf od garlic bread. It was cooling on the counter when the doorbell rang. My neighbor was dropping off mail that went to his box instead of mine. I was standing at the door for a total of 30 seconds. When i turned around i saw Loki choking down the final piece of bread. He had already cleared the entire pan of lasagna and all the garlic bread. In 30 fucking seconds.
Good times.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

apparently it’s #NationalFriedChickenDay
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

shindig

Post by shindig »

Always been a fan of Go Chicken Go in KC. If I'm craving fried chicken, that is where I go.