This week in feminism...

Ugh.
Deleted User 181

Re: This week in feminism...

Post by Deleted User 181 »

Definitely worth watching for those who are still open to learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXQf2f2Yxo
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:09 pm Yep, that's what I said.

Sadly, you are now in the pile of illogical trolls (chikin, sea, etc.) and wont waste my time anymore with you.
Illogical trolls. Funny shit coming from all of your seafaring accounts.
What a miserable pathetic fuck.
Deleted User 62

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 pm Definitely worth watching for those who are still open to learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXQf2f2Yxo
Equal parts sad AND pathetic that you get points of view from these types of sources.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

First of all, the entire set up is bullshit. In the opening it says men are opting out of marriage and that if women did the same they'd raise the alarm. But if you're any good at math, you'd recognise that among heterosexuals, for every man that doesn't get married, there must also be a woman not getting married. Assuming relatively similar numbers of men and women in a given population.

The first premise is that you loose respect if you get married and the evidence to support this is that sitcom dads look dumb. Sorry lob, but that's a weak ass argument.

The second premise is that you'll loose out on sex. But it only compares married men to men who live with a woman. I'm pretty sure a single man living alone has on average less sex than the other two. Also, does that statistic normalize for how long a couple has been cohabitating? Are we comparing couples who moved in a year ago to couples who've been married for 25 years....doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

Premise 3 is about divorce and child custody. There are lots of states and individual examples where men get screwed on this, but not always, and hopefully marriage will last.

Men loose their space in a house....come on. That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Shared space in the home is shared.

Premise 5 is just a repeat of 3, only it wants you to feel sorry for men who don't pay child support, sorry, but I don't.

Premise 6, I think it's a good thing there's no stigma attached to being single. No one should be pressured into marriage. Not everyone needs to. And it's good that single people have lots of options to do other things.

I think it's weird that a day after posting that women should not pursue careers, but instead should raise families and do so at a young age, that today your advocating for men not to get married. Kinda conflicting points of view.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 pm Definitely worth watching for those who are still open to learning.
Do you realize how arrogant and condescending you come across when you post like this?

I really hope that is the schtick you're going for.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:17 pm
Do you realize how arrogant and condescending you come across when you post like this?

Not too mention ironic coming from someone who obviously refuses to be open to learning.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 181

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Not too mention ironic coming from someone who obviously refuses to be open to learning.
Oh I'm open to learning, there's just not much I can learn when people get outraged and try to slander someone. All it really shows is just how much I'm right about the lack of ability of people to use sound reasoning on here. Who would have thought that Illy is a lot more able to follow logical discussion than most of the other politic board folk.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lobby. Time and again people have presented reasonable, science based, real world rebuttals to your stances. Time and again you have refuted them with "I"m right, youre wrong, you cant prove it" statements while providing random rambling youtube clips created by regular odd people (not experts in any way on anything) and you choose to present that as your facts to back your unwavering opinions.

Thats the exact opposite of open and willing to learn.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 181

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:54 pm Lobby. Time and again people have presented reasonable, science based, real world rebuttals to your stances.

Oh really? I would love to know some examples. Please share. Because all I've seen is people with PhD's throwing poop at their computer screen and others getting outraged because they think I called them bad parents. I've not seen one rebuttal with any kind of logical thought this whole day, but if you saw one I missed, please call it to my attention.
Deleted User 62

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:59 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:54 pm Lobby. Time and again people have presented reasonable, science based, real world rebuttals to your stances.

Oh really? I would love to know some examples. Please share. Because all I've seen is people with PhD's throwing poop at their computer screen and others getting outraged because they think I called them bad parents. I've not seen one rebuttal with any kind of logical thought this whole day, but if you saw one I missed, please call it to my attention.
Holy fuck, you really are a dumbass
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

There is no point to continuing this discussion. If you havent seen it yet, you never will. Good luck.

Whats your line? Dont wrestle with a pig cause youll end up muddy and the pig likes it or something?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 181

I think the real issue for you is, you just don't want to show that you side with me on anything, because you don't want the mob jumping on you. You don't want to be ostracized, right?

You've even admitted yourself that this place acts hysterical to any thought that isn't extreme left.
Deleted User 62

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm I think the real issue for you is, you just don't want to show that you side with me on anything, because you don't want the mob jumping on you. You don't want to be ostracized, right?

You've even admitted yourself that this place acts hysterical to any thought that isn't extreme left.
And a pussy
Deleted User 181

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm There is no point to continuing this discussion. If you havent seen it yet, you never will. Good luck.

Whats your line? Dont wrestle with a pig cause youll end up muddy and the pig likes it or something?
That's the line I use when someone is a troll, but I don't consider you a troll. But maybe not, since you thought there was "logical rebuttals" to my arguments. You didn't mention any of them because there were none.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm I think the real issue for you is, you just don't want to show that you side with me on anything, because you don't want the mob jumping on you. You don't want to be ostracized, right?

Nah, i dont care a whole lot about if people jump on my shit or not. Ive got my own opinions that are unpopular enough around here. Having another one wouldnt ostracize me anymore or any less. I defend you and your right to your have an opinion occasionally, true.
I just flat out dont agree with you on most of your opinions. Particularly this man vs woman thing...its silly really.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I like this one better:

Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time,
And it annoys the pig.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm There is no point to continuing this discussion. If you havent seen it yet, you never will. Good luck.

That's the line I use when someone is a troll, but I don't consider you a troll. But maybe not, since you thought there was "logical rebuttals" to my arguments. You didn't mention any of them because there were none.
Im no troll, i dont think youre a troll. I just am baffled by your completely immovable, usually odd, stances on things while preaching being open to alternative views etc etc
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Never play chess with a pigeon
Itll knock over the pieces, shit all over the board and then strut back to its flock cackling about how it won.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 181

If you can point out where someone proved me wrong today, I'm all ears. I don't even know how you can say that when people were failing to comprehend what I wrote. People became angry because they thought I said they were bad parents, when all I did was point out that it's best to avoid becoming a single parent for various reasons. Look at twocoach, Phd, and whoever else became hysterical and show me how they made a good case for me being wrong. Again, quote it and show me and I'll look at it. I didn't see anything but pathetic slander attempts. I think only Illy and DC understood what I was writing.

If this is about your sister being a doctor, guess what? I don't have a problem with that. There are exceptions to every rule, but the exceptions are what prove the rule exists. If she and her husband like that situation -- great. Nothing wrong with any of it. I simply point out that in general, women like to marry up. It's not offensive, and it's not being critical of women -- it's just the way it is.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm
squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:09 pm Yep, that's what I said.

Sadly, you are now in the pile of illogical trolls (chikin, sea, etc.) and wont waste my time anymore with you.
Illogical trolls. Funny shit coming from all of your seafaring accounts.
What a miserable pathetic fuck.
That one was actually very funny. Made me laugh out loud.

But, I don't quite understand this theory that women lack logic, but want to marry up.

Which must mean that they're capable of figuring out which boxes a male ticks off in terms of income, stability, future prospects, IQ, and how that all measures up with other males in the vicinity. Which is some pretty hard-nosed logical thinking. Seems kind of the opposite of emotional thinking, or of depending on men to make decisions for them.

Hint to Lobster, women always choose, long before men are aware they've been chosen. Seems like kind of a big decision--who to marry and become parents with, one might think that the decisions that Lobster thinks women allow men to make are kind of all the small ones. The video kind of supports that.
Last edited by seahawk on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.