This week in feminism...

Ugh.
Deleted User 181

Re: This week in feminism...

Post by Deleted User 181 »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 pm
squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm There is no point to continuing this discussion. If you havent seen it yet, you never will. Good luck.

Whats your line? Dont wrestle with a pig cause youll end up muddy and the pig likes it or something?
That's the line I use when someone is a troll, but I don't consider you a troll. But maybe not, since you thought there was "logical rebuttals" to my arguments. You didn't mention any of them because there were none.
Im no troll, i dont think youre a troll. I just am baffled by your completely immovable, usually odd, stances on things while preaching being open to alternative views etc etc

One point I want to clarify -- I'm not unmovable. I just follow where the logical conclusions lead. Show me more logical evidence, and I'm interested. There's just not a lot of that on here and you know it.

Also, a lot of the preaching I'm doing is only because people ask my opinions on things, so I give it to them. People are free to ignore or disagree, and that's fine. If people get offended and outraged, I think they should read my signature and go from there.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

How lucky are we all that Lobster is here to guide us down the path of rightous indignation?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm I'd love to talk more about this but I have to leave work now so my wife can head out to her job.
I bet she doesn't even make 50-60k
She makes more than that between her multiple jobs. She coaches ice skating, is the director of their figure skating club and then also is doing a 6 month contract job for US Figure Skating helping them.roll out one of their new programs. She is one of those weirdos that wouldnt fully quit their job if they won the lottery.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:28 pm
squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 pm

That's the line I use when someone is a troll, but I don't consider you a troll. But maybe not, since you thought there was "logical rebuttals" to my arguments. You didn't mention any of them because there were none.
Im no troll, i dont think youre a troll. I just am baffled by your completely immovable, usually odd, stances on things while preaching being open to alternative views etc etc

One point I want to clarify -- I'm not unmovable. I just follow where the logical conclusions lead. Show me more logical evidence, and I'm interested. There's just not a lot of that on here and you know it.

Also, a lot of the preaching I'm doing is only because people ask my opinions on things, so I give it to them. People are free to ignore or disagree, and that's fine. If people get offended and outraged, I think they should read my signature and go from there.
Thank you for highlighting the fundamental problem of the Trump base.

Just because you believe it to be true doesnt make it "truth".
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:56 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:07 pm I'd love to talk more about this but I have to leave work now so my wife can head out to her job.
She makes more than that between her multiple jobs. She coaches ice skating, is the director of their figure skating club and then also is doing a 6 month contract job for US Figure Skating helping them.roll out one of their new programs. She is one of those weirdos that wouldnt fully quit their job if they won the lottery.
How interesting.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 am

How interesting.
Between all of her jobs, she works more hours than a full time job. Off to work at 4:30am and back home in time to take our little one to school. Then she can do her director work from home during the day and then back to the rink most evenings after school and a half day of teaching on Saturdays. It has it's pros and cons, that's for sure. She loves her job most days.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:14 am
How interesting.
Between all of her jobs, she works more hours than a full time job. Off to work at 4:30am and back home in time to take our little one to school. Then she can do her director work from home during the day and then back to the rink most evenings after school and a half day of teaching on Saturdays. It has it's pros and cons, that's for sure. She loves her job most days.
Well, I think it's obvious that the big Con is her inability to think logically, but that's all women, amirite?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:01 pm

How interesting.
Well, I think it's obvious that the big Con is her inability to think logically, but that's all women, amirite?
I wish she was a little less logical and a little more emotional. Damn Germans.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

How interesting.
This is all well and good, Coach, but until you can prove that she is capable of bilking $50k from relatives in the face-mask market, it's all white noise to me.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:07 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:01 pm
I wish she was a little less logical and a little more emotional. Damn Germans.
I'm very impressed with your wife's activities.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

chiknbut wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:19 pm

How interesting.
This is all well and good, Coach, but until you can prove that she is capable of bilking $50k from relatives in the face-mask market, it's all white noise to me.
I think it has been established that a very minute number of women are smart enough.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Y'all are on a roll tonight.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

seahawk wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:41 pm Y'all are on a roll tonight.
See what I mean?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am
squiddy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Thank you for highlighting the fundamental problem of the Trump base.

Just because you believe it to be true doesnt make it "truth".
This phenomenon may be largely rooted in the religious experience.

“Ousdahl, you need to stop mentioning objective fact and empirical reason and just have faith that what we’re saying is the truth!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if lobs wanted examples of what PDub was referencing, he need look no further than the 911 conspiracy thread
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Deleted User 62

defixione wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:42 am I'll just leave this here.

https://theoutline.com/post/7083/the-ma ... i=a72kjduq
Nice find
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Guess we know where lobster is getting the inside skinny for taking advantage of desperate, fearful people during an international pandemic:

(Is it just me, or does it seem that lobster was more empathetic, more charitable, i.e., that he had a soul, before he became involved with Beijing Rose?)

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1 ... ">February

Alex Jones’ Infowars is attempting to profit from the coronavirus outbreak

Jones: “I am very sad about this virus and very sad about the bioweapons and things that are going on, but it is an opportunity for people to take advantage of the products we have.”

...“I noticed there were reports that food prices in general were going to be going up because of the crisis in China and surrounding areas and with how deadly this coronavirus is” and claims, “This is the lowest price you’re going to find anywhere, even when it’s at its regular price.” He also suggests that buyers should act before it is too late, saying, “You can feel it in your bones, big stuff is coming down, whether it’s coronavirus or something else, now is the time to get prepared and I suggest folks get their storable food at InfowarsStore.com while you still can.”

Jones urges buyers to consider large purchases, saying, “I personally have ordered more storable food just last week because I have to be able to take care of not just myself but my neighbors, because believe me, hungry starving neighbors are not a good thing to have and so it’s simple: You better hide your food or you better have extra.” During the video, Infowars packages with prices up to $2,987.00 are shown...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Leaving this here for the lulz.

Okay, and also cuz, sup Finland:

https://twitter.com/kaivanshroff/status ... 37249?s=21