2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

2020 offseason thread

Post by holidaysmore »

Anything off season related post it up.

1. Cade Fortin. Dearmon had an in home with him last Sunday.
2. Felipe Franks - pipe dream and has anyone ever committed to a school when they started following someone on Instagram?
3. Movement within the coaching staff? Bowen, Hull and Jones are the candidates I can think of.
4. Early signees and enrollees.

#TheJayhawksAreComing
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's entirely possible that KU gets both Fortin and Franks. Franks for 2020 and Fortin for 2021-2023.

Long needs to pay Jones big time.

Signing Day 2 weeks from yesterday. Miles and Co working hard to keep class. Some bigger programs coming after current commits.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Which, speaking of Fortin. He could be a guy who might REALLY good. Accurate short passer. Decent enough of a runner. 6'3 220. Good size.

I'd be happy getting him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Franks started following Miles and Dearmon, right? He was also committed to LSU when Miles was still there...obviously changing his mind and going to Florida.

I would be OK with losing Hull, but not Jones.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Biggest needs are actual Power 5 caliber O and D linemen. As this year proved, you can have a fantastic RB and a serviceable QB, but without linemen to protect them, they are easily neutralized.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:55 pm Biggest needs are actual Power 5 caliber O and D linemen. As this year proved, you can have a fantastic RB and a serviceable QB, but without linemen to protect them, they are easily neutralized.
I agree with this a ton. We need big nasty guys on both sides of the line.

I see other people saying we need to pay Jones and that Hull might leave. When I think of big nasty guys I think of Louisiana not Texas. I want Jones to stay and he is getting some good receivers (I am probably missing some defensive players). But I want big nasty line men on both sides of the ball. Hull and Jones have gotten KU some good players. We need Hull and Jones to bring in the big nasty guys. If they can't I am okay with them leaving but I would like to keep them and have them work some of their magic on line men, keep working on the skill guys but put emphasis on nasty line men.

Yes, I want my cake and to eat it too.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I really like Drake as a coach. I believe, given some time he is going to develop studs. The biggest issue he and really this whole team had was depth. If you watched the last episode of ‘Miles to Go’ (which I’m told will be the end) the last shot of Miles is him smiling and remarking, ‘it is time to go recruiting.’ Miles probably has lost a step when it comes to the coaching side of things but one area where he hasn’t and probably what is keeping him young is his ability to recruit.

I have heard rumors that the new regime maybe doesn’t value Hull as highly as the previous and that could lead to a demotion of title or a pay reduction. I know they would love to keep him but I’m not sure if the pay is justified. In a perfect world you keep all of these guys around for at least another couple of years but change is inevitable in that business.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Sounds like Amauri Hickson will be on campus soon.

https://twitter.com/amaurihickson/statu ... 1701647361
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Felipe Franks on campus today for a visit.
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Would gladly accept Franks as KU's starting QB next year; he was up-and-down during his time at Florida, but he has a good amount of experience playing against really good defenses.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Early Signing Day is Wednesday. Best class KU has had since 2009. Good chance to pick up some guys late too.

Very quiet rumor out there that Ashaad Clayton has verbally flipped to KU. Obviously won't know until he signs, but signs are pointing to him in Lawrence next year.

Felipe Franks has a good shot to be KUs 2020 QB. Just visited this past weekend and a lot of momentum heading that way. Wouldn't be a long term guy obviously just having 1 year in Lawrence, but would be the best QB option by a mile for 2020.

Cade Fortin (UNC QB transfer) rumors have quieted down. Not saying he's out of the mix for KU but the overwhelming signs are not there, but still could happen.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Clayton to KU has a chance.

Same for Franks.

I believe that KU is third for Fortin so that doesn’t have a chance.
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'm looking forward to signing day tomorrow; hopefully Clayton has really flipped and will sign with KU tomorrow, same with Josh Remetich. A little worried about Karon Prunty and Khari Coleman going elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to a future LB crew of Parker, Potter, and Brennon Scott...not to mention a few of the upperclassmen that will be back.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cade Fortin to South Florida.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:51 pm I'm looking forward to signing day tomorrow; hopefully Clayton has really flipped and will sign with KU tomorrow, same with Josh Remetich. A little worried about Karon Prunty and Khari Coleman going elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to a future LB crew of Parker, Potter, and Brennon Scott...not to mention a few of the upperclassmen that will be back.
The front 7 had a BUNCH of young guys play last year. Potter is going to be Dineen like when all said and done, maybe better.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 pm Cade Fortin to South Florida.
I wonder if KU has any interest in Joey Yellen and/or vise versa...he might be too much of a pro-style QB for Dearmon's taste, though.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

South Florida came out of no where. Didn’t see that coming.

Seems as if Clayton is going to wait for the late period. LSU may be after him if another 5 star RB doesn’t go their way. Might be LSU, CU and KU as a fall back plan.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Rumors what I’ve read say the same. But Clayton’s recruitment has been unorthodox. CU came out of nowhere. KU been the constant.

Think Franks is KUs first choice. No matter who else comes along. But KU has to get a QB of the future soon. I think Kendrick or Locklin could do it, but they need a GUY

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

KU has certainly been the most consisent but I can almost guareentee that if LSU offered he would take it in a heartbeat. I'm not holding out for him.

I believe the same thing but I also believe Franks may be holding out for a better offer once bowl season is over. If he was all in he would have committed today or last week. Still early though (which could be good or bad) - at this time last year neither Hurts nor Fields were in the transfer portal.
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Sounds like Khari Coleman has flipped to Tennessee (or possibly TCU).