Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by Shirley »

Fox News: Fair and Balanced?

Or

Republican Party "News" Channel?

Moderates are growing increasingly irritated with the tactics Jordan allies are using to pressure them into voting for him, with one member noting the Hannity show has gotten involved in the efforts sending potential defectors the email below. One lawmaker said the push is counterproductive to swaying Jordan skeptics.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And if you say extortion again, he'll have your legs broken.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:49 pm And if you say extortion again, he'll have your legs broken.
Fat, drunk, and stupid
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Finally someone who really understands, explains it in plain English. No wonder so many watch FOX for these jewels of enlightenment. Mich couldn't have said it better.
Greg Gutfeld showed major chutzpah on Wednesday by telling women why they’re having abortions.

The Fox News host was smarting, like many conservatives, after Democrats earned key election victories in Virginia and Ohio on Tuesday to safeguard reproductive rights.

“It’s a decision for most people ... done out of fear,” he said. “But we no longer have to pretend it’s anything more than that. We don’t have to have political discussions about rights. Abortion is based on a fear that is greater than the actual reality. And if you don’t believe me, talk to somebody who had a baby and think about how they were before they had the baby. That’s called transformational change. The woman becomes a different woman that what was before when abortion was an option. And that drives the fear.”

“It’s the best anti-abortion argument out there and no one is making it,” he continued in a puzzling turn. “People do have their reasons for abortion ... but underneath all that is a fear of this transformational change ... and if you admit that, that might actually move you to maybe a different stance than you have now.”
Yes, it make sense. If women just admit they are afraid of how their lives will change by having a child, they will just decide, "Oh fuck it, let's do this!". Because well; because women are just irrational emotional creatures and that's why we love them bless their hearts.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:51 pm Finally someone who really understands, explains it in plain English. No wonder so many watch FOX for these jewels of enlightenment. Mich couldn't have said it better.
Greg Gutfeld showed major chutzpah on Wednesday by telling women why they’re having abortions.

The Fox News host was smarting, like many conservatives, after Democrats earned key election victories in Virginia and Ohio on Tuesday to safeguard reproductive rights.

“It’s a decision for most people ... done out of fear,” he said. “But we no longer have to pretend it’s anything more than that. We don’t have to have political discussions about rights. Abortion is based on a fear that is greater than the actual reality. And if you don’t believe me, talk to somebody who had a baby and think about how they were before they had the baby. That’s called transformational change. The woman becomes a different woman that what was before when abortion was an option. And that drives the fear.”

“It’s the best anti-abortion argument out there and no one is making it,” he continued in a puzzling turn. “People do have their reasons for abortion ... but underneath all that is a fear of this transformational change ... and if you admit that, that might actually move you to maybe a different stance than you have now.”
Yes, it make sense. If women just admit they are afraid of how their lives will change by having a child, they will just decide, "Oh fuck it, let's do this!". Because well; because women are just irrational emotional creatures and that's why we love them bless their hearts.
Next, they’ll say that efforts to close the gender pay gap are unfair to men and, besides, high wages are keeping women out of the kitchen.

And it won’t be parody.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You know, before the serial killing, Bundy feared being arrested for something he didn't do. Once he acknowledged he feared transforming into a monster, he could embrace his new life as a republican.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sorry I missed it...
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not even bothering trying to hide it at this point.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1728803183 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Amazing: Fox News correspondent @LucasFoxNews reports that Biden "continues to face questions about his age, even here in Nantucket" -- citing nothing more than a question @LucasFoxNews himself shouted at Biden on Saturday. The epitome of astroturfing a political attack.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:01 am Not even bothering trying to hide it at this point.

Amazing: Fox News correspondent @LucasFoxNews reports that Biden "continues to face questions about his age, even here in Nantucket" -- citing nothing more than a question @LucasFoxNews himself shouted at Biden on Saturday. The epitome of astroturfing a political attack.
Do you really think people aren't concerned about Biden's age? Or just annoyed the video showed during the broadcast used an interaction between the reporter and Biden?

This seems like par for the course in today's political climate where there is so much politcal bias in the mainstream media outlets.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:22 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:01 am Not even bothering trying to hide it at this point.

Do you really think people aren't concerned about Biden's age? Or just annoyed the video showed during the broadcast used an interaction between the reporter and Biden?

This seems like par for the course in today's political climate where there is so much politcal bias in the mainstream media outlets.
I know people are concerned about Biden’s age.

But I think some meaningful part of that concern - I have no idea if it’s 5% or 50% or 95% - is due to bad-faith (not to mention lazy and one-sided) seeding of the issue by partisan hacks.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 am

But I think some meaningful part of that concern - I have no idea if it’s 5% or 50% or 95% - is due to bad-faith (not to mention lazy and one-sided) seeding of the issue by partisan hacks.
I (personally) don't think much of the concern is due to "bad faith". He is quite clearly slipping. I am not sure how many more examples he can give us. He proves it nearly every time he speaks publicly. I think the concern about his age is legit and warranted.

I sure wish the Dems had the guts to run someone other than Biden against Trump. Running Biden is the best chance to end up with 4 more years of Trump. I don't think Trump can beat many of the dems best choices, but i think he will have a chance to beat Biden.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 am

I (personally) don't think much of the concern is due to "bad faith". He is quite clearly slipping. I am not sure how many more examples he can give us. He proves it nearly every time he speaks publicly. I think the concern about his age is legit and warranted.
I agree the concern is legit and warranted.

I have no idea if the public speaking part is indicative of a material decline in fundamental cognition and judgment, or if it’s a gradual progression of his well-known stutter and propensity for gaffes. That’s a very important distinction and not one that, in my opinion, can be made from the outside.

I would strongly disagree that much of the perception is NOT attributable to bad-faith one-sided coverage; Biden’s present opponent is at least as bad or worse (if we’re going off public record only even), and in MUCH more limited and controlled and curated exposures.

And yet the coverage is entirely different. If that’s not bad-faith, what is it? Because it’s something much more than just partisanship.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Partisanship is exactly what I think it is. Media bias isn't unique to Biden.

The R leaning/biased media tries to make the Dems look bad and the D leaning/biased media tries to make the Pubs look bad. It's a for profit business.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am Partisanship is exactly what I think it is. Media bias isn't unique to Biden.

The R leaning/biased media tries to make the Dems look bad and the D leaning/biased media tries to make the Pubs look bad. It's a for profit business.
I agree…but in my opinion the fact that middle and left-leaning outlets ALSO make age and capacity a bigger issue for Biden than Trump* suggests that right-leaning media’s efforts to move the midpoint of the discussion have been successful.

* It’s definitely true that one benign explanation for the tilted coverage on this issue has to do with the mainstream media’s choice to, until very recently, avoid giving Trump free airtime by airing the crazy.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:57 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 am Partisanship is exactly what I think it is. Media bias isn't unique to Biden.

I agree…but in my opinion the fact that middle and left-leaning outlets ALSO make age and capacity a bigger issue for Biden than Trump* suggests that right-leaning media’s efforts to move the midpoint of the discussion have been successful.
Or maybe it suggests that even the left/middle leaning media sees Biden's age as a bigger concern than Trump's age even though Trump is only 3-4 years younger?

There is also such an abundance of low hanging fruit when it comes to why Trump is an awful option for President that they can't get all the way down the list to age because there are so many other more important reasons why he sucks?

Biden's age concerns me.

Trump's age doesn't concern me. His "crazy" concerns me.