KC Chiefs v Tennessee

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

KC Chiefs v Tennessee

Post by pdub »

8 in the box.
Chris Jones don’t play pickup basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: KC Chiefs v Tennessee

Post by Deleted User 104 »

If we can't beat a 9-7 team at home, we don't deserve to be in the big one.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Did you watch the Ravens game?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

On one hand, you have Henry, playing like a monster, v one of the weaker rush defenses in the league.

On the other hand, you have Mahomes, the best QB in the league, v one of the weaker pass defenses in the league.

If Chris Jones can get some practice in Wednesday, that’d be helpful.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Sounds like they are going to score, so we will just need to score our points and hopefully we will win. I get that a record is not everything, but still -- can't ask for a better hand of cards.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

lobster wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm If we can't beat a 9-7 team at home, we don't deserve to be in the big one.
The Chiefs lost to the 7-9 Colts at home. Not sure what that has to do with anything but you pointed out the Titans record - possibly ignoring they beat the Chiefs (I know, I know, Chiefs had injuries and it was a road game) and just beat the Ravens on the road by 16 points.
You're right, if the Chiefs don't win on Sunday they don't deserve to be in the big one.

I'm calling a Chiefs 41 - Titans 20 final.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

IMO the Chiefs are 1-0 and the Titans are 2-0.

To me it is pretty simple for the Chiefs to get to a Super Bowl. They have to play with the lead and a two possession would be preferred. The Titans are going to try to force turnovers to get easy points and then ride Henry as long as they can.

Same formula as the Houston game; the Titans best isn't better than the Chiefs best.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

As long as the Chiefs don't hand the Titans points like the did in the first matchup and like they did yesterday against the Texans, they'll be fine.

Don't foresee the Chiefs having a fumble returned for a TD. Or the holder dropping a FG snap. Or a Titans player having the best of jumps to block the ending FG.

Chiefs are also so much better than they were in that first Titans matchup.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The one thing I am worried about is the pressure that the Chiefs are going to feel on Sunday. That was pretty evident yesterday and it will only be magnified again on Sunday. Against the Titans they cannot come out flat like that much less give them seven or 14 cheap points. I'm hoping that got the nerves out and they realize if they just play their game and do it semi mistake free they will be booking a trip to Miami.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, hopefully the jitters are out and they open up the 1st quarter without those mistakes.
Tennessee's defense is better than the Texans and they can do a better job milking the clock.
A lead of any kind will change their game plan.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I honestly think there were so many jitters because of what happened Saturday night.

Now it's good that they are the first game on Sunday and can set the tone. None of this waiting.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I can't say enough how big it is to get that first game.

They were the 3rd game this weekend. They were the night came last year when they lost to the Pats. Last game of weekend when they lost to Steelers in Divisional Round.

Lots of anxiousness can build up when you know what the results ahead of you are. It's why I feel like they came out tight yesterday. They knew they were going to host AFCG if they won and that it was going to be against the 6 seed.

They were first game last year in the Divisional when they smoked Indy. They'll be the first game this weekend.

Should see a way more loose KC team.

And Mahomes will have an "Over my dead body" type of game again.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Those little details are almost always overstated. You could also argue why it would be better to have the second game. Or, better yet, why it just doesn't even matter. Win you're in the Super Bowl. Lose, you're not.

The Chiefs are in a great position to win on Sunday because they have the best QB in the league and the better team on the field that day.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:53 am Those little details are almost always overstated. You could also argue why it would be better to have the second game. Or, better yet, why it just doesn't even matter. Win you're in the Super Bowl. Lose, you're not.

The Chiefs are in a great position to win on Sunday because they have the best QB in the league and the better team on the field that day.
I'd add that they're at home, and that they're not playing their third (road) game in as many weeks, to the list of fundamental advantages. While Arrowhead isn't (statistically) the advantage some would like, home field counts.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Certainly, home field also matters.

As a bitter Vikes fan, I'll say that I'd rather be the Titans going from a Saturday game to a Sunday one than vice versa, but Tennessee should still be pretty worn out and they rely a lot on a running back.

It's a frickin' home game against the 6 seed to go to the Super Bowl. It's going to take some Chiefs-y creativity to fuck it up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 am Certainly, home field also matters.

As a bitter Vikes fan, I'll say that I'd rather be the Titans going from a Saturday game to a Sunday one than vice versa, but Tennessee should still be pretty worn out and they rely a lot on a running back.

It's a frickin' home game against the 6 seed to go to the Super Bowl. It's going to take some Chiefs-y creativity to fuck it up.
Here's hoping yesterday was the VCU test.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

2 choke jobs in the first half. If I had a strong rooting interest, I would have needed a pack of Marlboro Reds at halftime.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 am 2 choke jobs in the first half. If I had a strong rooting interest, I would have needed a pack of Marlboro Reds at halftime.
I'm sure I'm not trodding new ground here, but: in the stands, the game was won the minute O'Brien peed down his leg and called the fake punt. Just stunning desperation, given the situation.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just don't agree.
He makes that and he totally kills any momentum from the previous touchdown.
Dirty Dan saved the day - the play was there - people would be praising the 'guts' that call took.

Saying O'Brien blew the game is completely downplaying the fact we scored 51 points - as if a 4th down conversion totally caused the 51 points ( or rather 44 points ).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:30 am I just don't agree.
He makes that and he totally kills any momentum from the previous touchdown.
Dirty Dan saved the day - the play was there - people would be praising the 'guts' that call took.

Saying O'Brien blew the game is completely downplaying the fact we scored 51 points - as if a 4th down conversion totally caused the 51 points ( or rather 44 points ).
That's just not true; the play was from something like their own 35. Mind-bogglingly dumb to call that play, from there, with that down and distance to go. What's your reward for getting the first down there? You're still 2-3 first downs from field goal range. To me, going for it there tells your entire team that you do not believe they can hold a three-score lead.

If the killshot was what you wanted...you would have gone for it on 4th and inches deep in KC territory up 21-0.

Honestly, the fake punt was a misguided effort to make up for the conservatism of that FG attempt.