NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by pdub »

NFL Network came out with their top 100 players of 2020.
Mahomes is number 4.
Behind Lamar Jackson ( OK, he was MVP, but i'd still take Mahomes ), Aaron Donald ( nope, great great player but not as much an impact as Mahomes ) aaaaaand Russell Wilson ( wut? ).
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ballots were sent out in November. It was meant to be voted for on best player at that time. Mahomes last year was banged up early on, lost two games back to back and then of course got hurt. Really he was more of a victim of his success compared to the year before when you compare the numbers.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ah.
That makes more sense.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm I don't know Dame or his family but that one is rather puzzling considering the position he plays, his age, his contract situation and other than the last couple of years his lack of job stability.
Things are bigger than football. Sucks. I really liked how Dame played and he was a huge reason why the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. His run against Minny and of course the game sealing against the Niners will be remembered forever.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SamMcDowell1 ... 5511344130

Really happy he will be able to spend time with his mom. I think we all would choose the same. Hopefully this doesn’t set his career back, but it’s 100% understandable why he’s opting out now.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Can't disagree with that decision at all and I'm sure, even though it seems like a 'no brainer' it had to have been extremely difficult for Dame. Not a bad way to walk away. Super Bowl champion, had two good years and hopefully saved or invested those two good years of money. He also gets a decent sized chunk for this year and if he walks away completely he also gets a pension. Not to bad for a guy that is going to be 29 next year.

Certainly wish his mom all the best!
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Not that Chiefs fans should really be worried about the Donkeys too much, but with James deciding not to play in 2020, what was already questionable (his status to be able to play based on history), is now certainly a spot that will be trouble.

I'm actually happy he opted out. The more Elway fails, the better.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:41 pm Not that Chiefs fans should really be worried about the Donkeys too much, but with James deciding not to play in 2020, what was already questionable (his status to be able to play based on history), is now certainly a spot that will be trouble.

I'm actually happy he opted out. The more Elway fails, the better.
And I heard his backup is on the PUP list after foot surgery. Lock is going to be under constant pressure if the Donkeys line doesn't get shored up. That would be a shame...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Over/under receiving yards?

Tyreek 1,400.
Kelce 1,200.
Watkins 700.
Hilaire 600.
Hardman 600.

Over/under passing yards?
Mahomes 4,900.

Over/under rushing yards?
Hilaire 850.
Deleted User 318

I think the o/u need to be on a per game basis instead of an expected 16-game season
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Divide everything by 16 for me plz.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Under on all but Hardman
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Hardman will have 600+ after Week 1
Ain't no seats
Deleted User 318

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They had $177 space in March. One hundred and seventy-seven dollars in cap space.

This should put teams from other teams on notice when GMs and Owners say they can't make it work financially.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 318

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm They had $177 space in March. One hundred and seventy-seven dollars in cap space.

This should put teams from other teams on notice when GMs and Owners say they can't make it work financially.
Who all got deals in that time? Mahomes (half a billion!), Kelce, Jones, Clark?
Last edited by Deleted User 318 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wasn’t there an article a while back about how stars who take less money than they could for the sake of “helping a franchise build a contender” aren’t really helping the franchise, so much as just helping the owners who are already stupid rich either way?
Deleted User 318

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:28 pm Wasn’t there an article a while back about how stars who take less money than they could for the sake of “helping a franchise build a contender” aren’t really helping the franchise, so much as just helping the owners who are already stupid rich either way?
That's not happening here (taking less money). They are all getting great deals for the players. And I'm not going to fault anyone for doing what they want with their money. If a player wants to take a few million less to play for a contender, good for them, they want a legacy. If a player wants to hamstrung a team by maxing out their contract and years, because they want a nice pay day, good for them, they want that fourth house.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:27 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm They had $177 space in March. One hundred and seventy-seven dollars in cap space.

Who all got deals in that time? Mahomes (half a billion!), Kelce, Jones, Clark?
Breeland. DeAndrew Washington. Demarcus Robinson. Ricky Seals-Jones. Mike Remmers. Antonio Hamilton.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The difference between not caring what the players make b/c fuck the owners is relevant in baseball ( though i'd argue that's one of the reasons I dislike baseball so much because of the lack of parity ) but not in football.

All NFL teams have to work with the same salary cap.

It's great that we are keeping players for big money - I think we're kind of putting us in a tough spot to where we won't be able to fill out a good roster in the future.
Deleted User 318

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:14 pm The difference between not caring what the players make b/c fuck the owners is relevant in baseball ( though i'd argue that's one of the reasons I dislike baseball so much because of the lack of parity ) but not in football.

All NFL teams have to work with the same salary cap.
That's a really good point (about salary cap and non-salary cap leagues). Baseball, no reason not to get yours, especially with the owner's histories.

Numbers are out for Kelce, shocked it didn't mirror Kittle's Contract more. I'm sure Kelce is glad he got something secured, but this is going to be (likely) his last contract, and seems a little weak for the #1 TE, and likely Top 5 all time. Shocked he didn't get paid more like a WR.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0719389701