NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:27 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:14 pm The difference between not caring what the players make b/c fuck the owners is relevant in baseball ( though i'd argue that's one of the reasons I dislike baseball so much because of the lack of parity ) but not in football.

All NFL teams have to work with the same salary cap.
That's a really good point (about salary cap and non-salary cap leagues). Baseball, no reason not to get yours, especially with the owner's histories.

Numbers are out for Kelce, shocked it didn't mirror Kittle's Contract more. I'm sure Kelce is glad he got something secured, but this is going to be (likely) his last contract, and seems a little weak for the #1 TE, and likely Top 5 all time. Shocked he didn't get paid more like a WR.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0719389701
Think that is the Mahomes factor there, for sure. Dude is going to make $100M+ over his career. Gets to play with what could be the best player at his position in NFL history, has a ring and will likely win a few more.

He's averaged 1,100 yards over last 4 years. So he should have definitely been paid more, but he wants to stay with Pat, Reid and be in KC.

Kelce still better than Kittle, so Chiefs are doing alright there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hooper just signed four years for 44 million, 23 million guaranteed.
This is a decent amount more than that - but yes - I bet Kittle breaks that ( maybe pretty easily ).
It is getting paid like a WR though - not top end WR, but still, better than say, Alshon Jeffery signed with the Eagles.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:35 pm
NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:27 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:14 pm The difference between not caring what the players make b/c fuck the owners is relevant in baseball ( though i'd argue that's one of the reasons I dislike baseball so much because of the lack of parity ) but not in football.

All NFL teams have to work with the same salary cap.
That's a really good point (about salary cap and non-salary cap leagues). Baseball, no reason not to get yours, especially with the owner's histories.

Numbers are out for Kelce, shocked it didn't mirror Kittle's Contract more. I'm sure Kelce is glad he got something secured, but this is going to be (likely) his last contract, and seems a little weak for the #1 TE, and likely Top 5 all time. Shocked he didn't get paid more like a WR.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0719389701
Think that is the Mahomes factor there, for sure. Dude is going to make $100M+ over his career. Gets to play with what could be the best player at his position in NFL history, has a ring and will likely win a few more.

He's averaged 1,100 yards over last 4 years. So he should have definitely been paid more, but he wants to stay with Pat, Reid and be in KC.

Kelce still better than Kittle, so Chiefs are doing alright there.
Agree with all of this.

Whatever marginal discount Kelce gave the Chiefs, he'll make up for 3+ times over by being associated with this rocketship for the rest of his prime (and possibly career).

Also most likely ensures a gold jacket.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Saw a funny tweet from Matt Miller at Bleacher Report. "Over the next 5 years, I'll take the Chiefs vs. the field for most Super Bowl wins."

That's insane and probably not far from the truth. I don't think Baltimore has the ability to hang with KC year after year. KC will have HFA for 4 of those 5 years, which usually means a Super Bowl appearance when you have HFA.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

I think any given Sunday makes it doubtful KC wins three of the next five. I mean it took an incredible comeback just win this year's. But I think the Chiefs can represent the AFC over the field. And, honestly, other than some of the 80s/90s SF teams, I cannot think of another team built to go on a run over the next 3-5 seasons as the Chiefs are set up for. As long as they can keep a healthy, viable O-Line, really going to be a fun few seasons.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I mean, if the Chiefs win two of the next five, they win the bet. I don't hate the odds.
Deleted User 318

I misread the initial bet. I read it as would win a majority (the most) of the next five Super Bowls (i.e. at least 3 out of 5). Yeah, I don't think it's a bad bet there, since it it's five unique winners, it would be a push.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs will have a capacity of 22% when they kickoff.

About 16-17K will be in the stands.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:03 pm Chiefs will have a capacity of 22% when they kickoff.

Season Ticket holders contacted first. Then any remaining go to Jackson County citizens, followed by general public.

Could change as season goes along.

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:03 pm Chiefs will have a capacity of 22% when they kickoff.

I'm all for it - If somehow, some way they can assure ALL people going in don't have the virus.
Not too sure how they can do that. Stay tuned.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:03 pm

I'm all for it - If somehow, some way they can assure ALL people going in don't have the virus.
This is laughable.

With the prevalence of community spread here in KC, if you have 1,000 people together, odds are in excess of 99% that someone has Covid-19.

You see where that goes when you start making the number higher.

It is probably not wise for the Chiefs to allow any fans.

But there's been a big segment of our population that simply denies what's happening. And that portion overlaps quite neatly with the season ticket bases (as we're seeing on both sides of the state line).
Deleted User 289

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 am

This is laughable.

With the prevalence of community spread here in KC, if you have 1,000 people together, odds are in excess of 99% that someone has Covid-19.

But there's been a big segment of our population that simply denies what's happening. And that portion overlaps quite neatly with the season ticket bases (as we're seeing on both sides of the state line).
Well said and I am in agreement.
The Bears announced yesterday NO FANS. At least not for the first home game and the foreseeable future.
As someone who is extremely fortunate to attend many games and feels I could do so "safely" if the proper safety measure were put in place for EVERYONE, I am not happy but I fully support the decision. My guess is others would be a lot less "safe" than I would be.
As much as I feel they are a major part of the game, fans don't have to attend games for them to happen. Let's just hope there is a season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 am

This is laughable.

The Bears announced yesterday NO FANS. At least not for the first home game and the foreseeable future.
As someone who is extremely fortunate to attend many games and feels I could do so "safely" if the proper safety measure were put in place for EVERYONE, I am not happy but I fully support the decision. My guess is others would be a lot less "safe" than I would be.
As much as I feel they are a major part of the game, fans don't have to attend games for them to happen. Let's just hope there is a season.
Agree 100% - doing anything except the strictest approach jeopardizes the season. I personally don't think the benefits of about 150,000 people coming through the door are worth jeopardizing the season over.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs making some changes to their representation of fans and traditions at Arrowhead.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/a-statement ... ity-chiefs

Deleted User 318

PW is going to flip his wig.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:58 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 am

This is laughable.

Agree 100% - doing anything except the strictest approach jeopardizes the season. I personally don't think the benefits of about 150,000 people coming through the door are worth jeopardizing the season over.
woke.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:09 pm Chiefs making some changes to their representation of fans and traditions at Arrowhead.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/a-statement ... ity-chiefs
Reading the comments. Great stuff. I hope all of those fans who say 'they will never attend another game' keep their end of the bargain.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 318

“I can’t dress up like a Native American while 20-year-olds play a game. I will go to another game!”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Face painting is still allowed for all fans, but any face paint that is styled in a way that references or appropriates American Indian cultures and traditions will be prohibited."

Just so silly.
Deleted User 289

Big difference between honoring/respecting and mocking. I believe 99.75% of Chiefs fans who wear headdresses, paint their faces, do the chop, are in no way intentionally doing anything to be offensive and disrespectful.
I'm wondering how soon before the NFL decides it has to go all out asshole and determine that NO fans can wear ANYTHING mascot/team name oriented - as to make sure no one is offended.

Disrespectful to Cardinals

Disrespectful to Falcons

Disrespectful to Ravens

Disrespectful to Bills - and Mexicans

Disrespectful to Panthers

Disrespectful to Bears

I was going to provide pics of fans of every team but I've come lazy.